Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by lololink View Post
    They don't need a maint to post naming conventions...
    Oh I know...but it's the best 'cover' they're likely to get. Feeble as it is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Totomi Blomi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The most hilarious thing about this post is that about 99% of the people here complaining about this don't follow the lore for the naming of their current race. Why bother to follow it in 3.0 if you never have done so before hand?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mavilius Mordos
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninimo_Babamo View Post
    The most hilarious thing about this post is that about 99% of the people here complaining about this don't follow the lore for the naming of their current race. Why bother to follow it in 3.0 if you never have done so before hand?
    Because it's a chance to start fresh and try new things...? Maybe? Or perhaps because people change....? Maybe?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    W'fharl Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I'm 99% sure that's bad math.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Mamoki Hinoki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydeck View Post
    ^ You. I like you.
    Thank you! ♥

Erm nope... I'm playing 8 Characters. Yes, 8. Mamoki is my Main and the other 7 Characters are for Friends, Familymembers, Guildmembers and so on. Husbando's/Waifu's and so on. And ALL of my Characters have 100% Lore-confirm Names. I spent Hours of Hours with the Namecreation of them and I'm going to let one of my Characters 'die' and make a female (Astrologian) Au Ra out of one of my Characters (a Sholar) by using Fantasia and yes, that's why I want the Au Ra Naming Convention.
    (0)
    Last edited by MamokiHinoki; 06-18-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Noesis Phobos
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    My guess is that the team is so quiet because there's some sort of embarrassing crisis going on, like there's a translator that's been stuck in the restroom for days.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillbroSwaggins View Post
    Because it's a chance to start fresh and try new things...? Maybe? Or perhaps because people change....? Maybe?
    ^ This exactly. I thought this character's name was unique and cute at first but now I'm just annoyed with it. Tired of being a Cat Man too.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Risen Villar
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Gonna click the randomize name button on the 19th and try to guess how the naming conventions work lol...

This is what you reduced me into doing, SE!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    K'rina Sato
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Lin here is my main, and her name is actually VERY Chinese. Since I didn't know the Au Ra lore at the time, and had to rename her after moving her to Jenova, I guessed. For all I know I might actually be right. And except for one alt, who has backstory reasons for the different name, my others are lore compliant as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Totomi Blomi
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Like i said. MOST, not all. Reading through this entire topic, I've seen no more than 10 names that do follow it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kinzoku Bosco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Woah there, I have a lot of friends here who would take offense to that assumption. Lots of people here have followed naming conventions and take them seriously and if they didn't, they wouldn't be here eagerly awaiting this news.

Some of us just want to know the lore behind the naming schemes itself. \m/
    (3)
    Keep it BRUTAL!!! \m/(_ _)\m/

Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast