Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Second Patch Fail

When the game first updated to patch 2.56, my game refused to update. I reset config, uninstalled (wouldn't reinstall, though-- bc patch update fail), attached to ethernet, checked my security, checked ports, opened a new administrator account on my laptop, I did absolutely everything that tech support suggested to me. It wasn't until patch 2.57 that the game mysteriously worked again of its own volition. After the hotfixes last night... I am once again faced with the same error. I'm a PC player that had no issues before 2.56, and given that I'm done with university at 4pm next Tuesday, I don't want to have to wait until Heavensward early access to POSSIBLY be able to play again-- esp since I still have story to clear. Here's the error:

(0)

Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Bumping this up, because nobody's responded and I still can't get onto the game like someone else having this problem. As an aside, actual tech support, ignoring the problem won't make it go away... But mine other players with the issue might drop our subscriptions for it. =/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    This isn't actual tech support from SE... it is user-to-user. More direct support from SE happens more in the Bug Reports section here, or through the portal.

Could be getting corruption during the download and that is causing issues... have you tried deleting your downloaded files and getting a fresh pull?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I've tried that, I tried just plain reinstalling, I tried using ethernet, I've tried installing from another administration profile, I've turned off security but also know that my security allows FFXIV through anyway... I've tried everything SE have suggested through tech support, and a few other things I've seen dotted around as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    just to be clear... you say you "tried installing from another administration profile". Do you mean you tried running it while logged in as another user granted with Administrative rights, or you ran it as an Administrator. In the newer versions of Windows it can mean slightly different things.

Even when logged in as a user that is in the Administrative group, there are still some restrictions unless you right click and choose to "Run as Administrator" or you otherwise go into the properties page and set it to "Always Run as Administrator". The true, full-fledged Administrator account is actually disabled from login access and can only be invoked this way or by unlocking it first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I did both.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Is there a link to a live chat, or does anybody have a support phone number for the EU? Tech support over email has been useless thus far and there's less than a month before HW drops. I have now lost an entire month of my subscription to something that SE apparently can't fix - since I've seen online that this has been an issue since 1.0. Otherwise, if anybody has a torrent or something to the latest game files, I'd like that, too. It's the only fix I've seen online that supposedly works-- sending game files over one way or the other. And if that's against the rules, then perhaps the staff should have a proper fix to the error to begin with.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mako Fury
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    I swear this popped up on me also.
    I just closed it and re started the client and didn't see it again.
    Sorry I cant help you
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alice Hope
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Ugh, if only I could be so lucky!
    (0)