Player
    Character
    Mistress Kupo
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90

Another Upset Summoner

SE, you have been promising us new Egis since 2.2. They have repeatedly been discussed.
    After the gear disappointed for Summoners in 2.4 (yay spell speed for days -.-)we were relieved when, sometime around 2.45, it was said you would be balancing the egis, making them all viable.
    For over a year myself and my fellow summoners have held our breaths waiting to see what the new egis would look like, what abilities they would have. When you said you would balance the ones we had to make them all viable we believed you, maybe Titan would actually have a purpose outside of solo play.
    Yet here we are, a month before 3.0 and you drop the bombshell that the hopes we had for the last year are for naught.
    Literally every job today had multiple exciting new things. The Ahk Morn thing is cool in concept, but if you ask almost any summoner what they would want most in the xpac it would be new pets. Try though I might I can't put into words how horribly disappointed I am by this news and I am not alone. This news would not be so upsetting had we not been promised for a year that we were going to get new egis. The old excuse was "we can't put them in outside of an expansion because we would need to give every job something new" (paraphrasing). Giving us new pets in a patch would mess things up too badly yet you managed to put a whole new class in via patch. This is the final nail in the summoner coffin that 2.4 helped build.
    I guess it's time to take up BLM full time because you seem to be willing to fix that job no matter the cost. That cost being the destruction of the summoner class.
    But hey, glamors for the 4 pets we have, who needs skills and new abilities when your can make Titan look like Carby.
    (16)
    Last edited by Kuponutz; 05-22-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Character
    Sariena Adeline
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Incoming flux of disappointed SMNers... It feels like February/March all over again/.

There really should just be one giant SMN disappointment thread where angry SMNs can lament their sorrows lol
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Zhycrana Dranix
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Yeah because a new ''egi'' changes everything ? WTF If they slap a skin over it would it be better ? Hell SMNs literally have gotten a massive over haul that cold probably propel it over the out put of a BLM , but everyone wants to jump ship a month before the game because they can't play with a new PET. YOU LITERALLY DO WAY MORE DAMAGE THEN YOU'VE BEEN DOING IN 3.0 why the complaints ? Theirs absoultly no true viable reasoning that you should want ''new'' egis over old egis with new spells on top of a massive change to the job it self #getoveryourselvesSMNs
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Mistress Kupo
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Well, being told you are getting something for a year then right before it is due to be put into the game they suddenly tell you "jk summoners, you got trolled" is absolutely a reason to be disappointed.
    (21)

Player
    Character
    Crescent Dusk
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Well, I hope contagion is made baseline for the class and the target limit is removed from Bane.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuponutz View Post
    Well, being told you are getting something for a year then right before it is due to be put into the game they suddenly tell you "jk summoners, you got trolled" is absolutely a reason to be disappointed.
    That may be true, but it's no reason to create 55 different threads on the same topic.
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Senliten Solstice
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhycranaDranix View Post
    Yeah because a new ''egi'' changes everything ? WTF If they slap a skin over it would it be better ? Hell SMNs literally have gotten a massive over haul that cold probably propel it over the out put of a BLM , but everyone wants to jump ship a month before the game because they can't play with a new PET. YOU LITERALLY DO WAY MORE DAMAGE THEN YOU'VE BEEN DOING IN 3.0 why the complaints ? Theirs absoultly no true viable reasoning that you should want ''new'' egis over old egis with new spells on top of a massive change to the job it self #getoveryourselvesSMNs
    I still can't get over the reasoning why people think just because yoshi-p said one thing in regards to the egi changes way back when, occurring during a level cap increase. That it would be the first increase or even an actual overhaul. If anything this is once again, housing in a sense, all over again. Which more or less is that people really take a producers words well to much for granted. Which this time, the reasoning behind the change of plans this time is pretty sound. More pets that will prolly get shelved or more dps? Hell, I wonder if any of the people complaining bout the egi's ever played EQ as a magician, where each elemental pet was PRACTICALLY THE SAME MODEL, just with more strength and a larger hp pool. You ever see any mage's back then complain about a mere model? No, not really, cause back then we were more pleased with the dmg outputs and dps/pet beneficial spells that came. Which right now, us summies should be showing a bit of gratitude they are giving us some new things to theory on really.

Egi glamor system? Sure why not, Honestly makes more sense and is a fricking programmers worse nightmare to make bout 12+ some odd pets over time, and only one or three really ever get used. Current three house their uses and to try and create more would be both pointless and put a damper on any progress to bring us back in line with other dps classes.
    (1)
    Last edited by Senliten; 05-22-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Michael Stormcloud
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Aetherflow -> Tri-Disaster -> Fester -> Miasma II -> Rouse/Spur -> Ruin II -> Enkindle -> Ruin I -> Ruin II - > Fester -> Bahamut's Trance -> Akh Morn.

/disappointment
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Pet job = pets. People didn't like the fact that Garuda and Titan were just reskinned carby so why would you think they would love pet glamour instead of new pets? It's a lazy way to fix a problem, period.
    (17)
    Last edited by Dyvid; 05-22-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dervy Yakimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Oh. You're switching to the Black Mage because you watched a video which only covered 2 of the summoner abilities and you don't even know the potential DPS increase/sustained damage the job is capable of in 3.0?

That's cool.

Wait until 3.0 before you make "I'm a disappointed summoner switching to black mage rawrrrrrr" thread when you don't even know the potency of the job. Summoner might turn out better than the Black Mage in 3.0. It's way too early to start trash talking jobs.
    (15)

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast