Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    There is one plot left on all of Lamia server, a medium in Lavender Beds for 27 million gil. (The price we paid for our mansion last fall, ironically enough.)

All other houses are sold out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arugo Kusaragi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakekizy View Post
    Large houses are 41 mil on Ultros, does that count as economic horror? Especially since I have all of 400k gil.
    Nope.. You just need to settle for a small provided they have one, or go without one..

You don't expect people making $10/hr in real life to be able to afford mansions now.. If you're not happy with that, play the market. As far as I'm aware, Masamune is a very unique situation where the market board prices are just completely dead..

I will give you this though..

On Jenova, mansions can go as low as 18.5m when fully depreciated.. Smalls can be had for just shy of 1m for the cheap lots also.. mediums are around 8m fully depreciated.

Considering that newer servers like Jenova has a much more flourishing market board and is in fact easier to make gil on those new servers with cheaper housing prices, it does not make sense... Why SE decided to make housing more expensive on servers where making money is harder and cheaper on servers where making money is easier, who knows.. They probably severely misjudged how the server economy would take shape.
    (0)
    Last edited by GenJoe; 05-22-2015 at 12:31 PM.

Player
    Character
    Onywen Fraelia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by GenJoe View Post
    How much do you consider affordable? and how much money do you suppose an average player has?

Because I know some people who think 500k gil is a ton of money (even at lv 50) and some others who think 50m gil is chump change.. What do you consider average?
    I'm genuinely curious about this because it's very hard to gauge "average" in this game.. I've run into a raider in fully decked out dreadwyrm gear who only has 50k in pocket and sometimes I run into somebody who has no lv 50 with over a million.
    If you don't craft or earn gil in another legitimate way, then I believe most people sit at around a few hundred thousand to a mill. So yeah, obviously they're never going to get a house. 500k would be affordable. Prices are too high for most people to bother.

It's a ridiculous issue anyway, housing should be available to everyone like it is in every other game.
    (7)

Character
    Holly White
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Imoye View Post
    If you don't craft or earn gil in another legitimate way, then I believe most people sit at around a few hundred thousand to a mill. So yeah, obviously they're never going to get a house. 500k would be affordable. Prices are too high for most people to bother.

It's a ridiculous issue anyway, housing should be available to everyone like it is in every other game.
    you have no idea the amount of gil floating around in legacy servers...... some who have come from 1.0 have around 300+ mil, you have to take the average into consideration average amount of gil into consideration, most people are prob floating around 2-5mil

also the prices are fine, they just need more plots, its not like people just hand out houses in rl either, you have to work for it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Mini Ninja
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    The 4 mil small, 15 mil medium, 40 mil large is fine I guess, despite me having to scrape pennies...I've been working on saving up for my own house and have almost reached 4 million gil ; ; (I am a Legacy player as well) I'm just terrible at playing the markets (Because I try to price things fairly and not undercut people to HELL) and have only have 2 crafters at 50
    (2)
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tackle box or riot! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Our tiny FC (~20 active members) was able to snag a beach house within a month of housing getting released, then upgrade to a mansion just before the suburbs dropped. But we decided that was going to be our FC goal early on, and we devoted ALL our resources to it. That was also before they made the decision to combine personal housing and FC housing, which is what I think caused the majority of this crisis. Not only are individual players now locked out of housing, but so are any new FCs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    I originally was gonna try grabbin a small house on balmung. And just as I got enough, the last ones were taken in the one zone I really didn't even want to get a house. Then I decided I'd go ahead and start saving for M house, sense there were several left. But by the time I did get enough they were gone. So that's just the way it goes. Maybe they will double up on housing. They really should use all there resources on like Grid and Limsa this time, and ignore uldah. Or just put 1:4 the new housing in uldah that they do in the other two.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fate Bringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Well just like in real life there are homeless people. Maybe one day Barrack Obama will become the sultan of Ul'dah and build you some projects, but until then go hang out in Mor Dhona with all the rest of the hobos. Honestly it kind of makes me sick when I have to teleport into Mor Dhona and walk past all of the hobos to get my tomestone armor. There really needs to be a way to have it delivered to your mailbox!!! All them hobos are there just begging for stuff all the time. Some of these peasants are actually trying to get people to pay them money to run dungeons and coil and stuff. I'm like "OMG, what a pathetic race of miscreants!!!" SE should really just deport these people to Azeroth or something, I mean seriously!!!
    (6)
    Last edited by Whocareswhatmynameis; 05-23-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Character
    Talia Hailwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    There is something wrong when millionaires are homeless.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mini Ninja
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Whocareswhatmynameis View Post
    Well just like in real life there are homeless people. Maybe one day Barrack Obama will become the sultan of Ul'dah and build you some projects, but until then go hang out in Mor Dhona with all the rest of the hobos. Honestly it kind of makes me sick when I have to teleport into Mor Dhona and walk past all of the hobos to get my tomestone armor. There really needs to be a way to have it delivered to your mailbox!!! All them hobos are there just begging for stuff all the time. Some of these peasants are actually trying to get people to pay them money to run dungeons and coil and stuff. I'm like "OMG, what a pathetic race of miscreants!!!" SE should really just deport these people to Azeroth or something, I mean seriously!!!
    This made me laugh actually xD

Yet it's rather sad
    (0)
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Tackle box or riot! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast