Player
    Character
    Zarel Rahmla
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Brynhildr - Housing Plots All Taken

We need more wards so that those of us wishing to purchase an FC house in preparation for Heavensward cannot do so due to all wards being taken up already.

I read that an idea for having new wards open up as soon as all wards are filled would be helpful where we didn't have to wait until another patch or something. Maybe an idea to incorporate into 3.1 but right now can we get patch 2.58 where ward numbers are increased so those of us wishing can purchase a house?
    (0)
    Legion of the Fallen - Brynhildr - Currently recruiting raiders and in prep for expansion.

Player
    Character
    Verdan Lankost
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    There are 1440 plots, period, on every server. This limited number of plots guarantees that as the game grows and people buy houses, there will be economic nightmares and the plots will eventually run out. Demand will then bottle, meaning that when new land is added people will snap it up very very quickly either because they've wanted a house for a long time or because they're pretty sure they can resell it for a huge profit.

For some reason, the obvious solution of adding a bunch of wards whenever they're needed to servers seems impossible. Either because the way this game stores data means that neighborhoods are a massive drain, or because every server is a copy of each other and adding a bunch of wards to one means you add a bunch of wards to all of them. Or maybe both. Both can be true.

What this means, though, is that "Hey I can't buy a house" is normally met with people going "PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT just TRANSFER SERVERS" or "I can, goodbye!" I made a thread two months ago when I came back and realized that all the housing plots were taken on Balmung, and that's what I found. Our only hope, as the homeless, is to wait for post Heavensward, where they've been talking about adding more space. Until then, keep saving and believing. And don't let some awful rent-seeking profiteer sell you his plot, unless it's at the price he paid for it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ish Kabibble
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    To my knowledge, there was ONE single small plot still unsold on Brynhildr as of this morning, and it was located in the Lavender Beds. I say "was" because I bought it for 2.5m gil, pretty damn reasonable if you ask me. I would have preferred a larger plot in The Mist, but I took what was available. I would HOPE that with the expansion there would be more tracts opening up, but I wasn't willing to wait and take the gamble. And if "everybody else" is waiting for that to happen, there would just be a bidding war among people with gazillions saved up. BTW, Verdan, if more tracts open up and I can find a larger one, who is anyone to tell me I can't sell my small house for what the market bears? If someone is willing to pay me 10m gil, why shouldn't I be allowed to sell it? Are you going to tell me next that I can't sell my 4 star crafting for more than the cost of the ingredients? What's the difference?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verdan Lankost
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    Cause you'se bein' a dick by making it impossible for some people to see content and then pretending you're being some sort of savvy landlord in a videogame

Although if you sold it when there were plenty more, no problem! If you sold it to someone desperate to get a house because you bought it to flip it, F you
    (3)
    Last edited by Verdan; 05-19-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Player
    Character
    Bathu'ra Lihzeh
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
    Cause you'se bein' a dick by making it impossible for some people to see content and then pretending you're being some sort of savvy landlord in a videogame

Although if you sold it when there were plenty more, no problem! If you sold it to someone desperate to get a house because you bought it to flip it, F you
    Ant this mentality is stupid. My friend buys up homes IRL just to flip and resell for a nice profit. There is nothing wrong with making it a BUSINESS in the video game. I used to be the best Real Estate Agent in my other game called Ultima Online. I would buy homes, flip them, and resell them. I would find buyers and ave a list of homes available and would show the homes and they would pick which one they want to purchase. I would set up the sale and get a nice commission. your mentality of not understanding that this housing thing is an ACTUAL PLAYER MARKET and a good thing over all. I intend to do the same thing in this game as I did in UO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verdan Lankost
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    In UO I could break into your house and rob you of all your posessions, can't do that here. This isn't UO, please don't try to become a landlord in a game where it's not supported and all you're doing is stopping people from having fun so you can be a middleman to play out your wildest middleman fantasies.

Listen man, I know I can't stop no one from doin' nothing, but when there's no gouldarn plots because there's straight up not enough for everyone, I don't see how you guys aren't getting why it's a jerk move to do that. You don't gotta have to work with the homeless to get why making people homeless in a videogame sucks.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Arugo Kusaragi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdan View Post
    And don't let some awful rent-seeking profiteer sell you his plot, unless it's at the price he paid for it.
    Man you sound very very bitter...
    With your attitude, on Balmung, you're probably never going to get a house unless you login within the first 10 minutes of the patch when they add new wards..

Problem with bringing strong moral objections into a game is, that ultimately, you're missing out because you have bigger ethical hurdles in order to enjoy content compared to other people who will just jump at the opportunity without hesitation.

If you're a man of values irl, kudos to you, there's no need to bring that into a role playing game though..

Just cave, and pay the extra to get your own house, it will make the game more enjoyable for you, especially considering you've been such an advocate of additional housing, I think you and I can both agree that the joy you get out of owning a house is worth 20,30, maybe even 50 million gil. You just don't like the fact that the money will go into a reseller's wallets.. Way I see it, once the money's out of my hands, it really doesn't matter to me where it ends up, it's either my money, or NOT my money..

IRL, there are some consequences to that idea of course, because illegal money goes to fund some atrocious crimes, but rest assured, even if you give your money to the biggest scumbag in Eorzea, the money will not be funding any violent criminal activity.
    (0)
    Last edited by GenJoe; 05-19-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Last Hero
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Well, it's good to see that this game is consistent. I really thought they would have sorted this issue out by now. Housing is still out of reach for much of the playerbase and it's shocking to me that everyone has mostly just accepted it. Has YoshiP addressed the issue at all recently?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Verdan Lankost
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 70
    It's not an act of great moral courage to not spend imaginary money on an imaginary house so someone playing at imaginary house flipper gets to feel good.

If people are forced to go through people living out their just unhinged and wild fantasies of being a middleman, the housing system done be busted and people should be complaining about it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Verdan; 05-20-2015 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Also, I'm not bitter, I'm annoyed at every god damn housing thread going the same god damn way

Player
    Character
    Arugo Kusaragi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Right.. and you just don't wanna give them (profiteers) the satisfaction.

I'm not saying you should do one or the other, but folding seems like the easiest option to me

I hear about people intentionally buying higher priced items because they don't like undercutters and some people who refuse to buy large stacks of items which appear to be related to botters etc.. The latter part I can understand, because it fuels RMTs and keeps them going.. Overall, a noble idea, but really, they're only hurting themselves..
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast