Player
    Character
    Taisai Jin
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 64
    Quote Originally Posted by AsahinaMyLove View Post
    Im not excited about Airships. Im pretty sure they will cost Millions of Gil(for materials?) <.<
    Not worth the "Free Teleporting"
    That's... Not what they're for...

Free Company Airships will initially be used for Retainer Venture-like purposes (you send them off and they come back with items). Later they will be expanded to allow you to travel to various floating islands, which so far we've been given no indication of having any other way to access, and given the fact that "Free Company content" has frequently been requested over the past few years I wouldn't be surprised if this is it and you "require" a Free Company for access (though they have said you can invite players who aren't in your Free Company to use your Airship). They've said there will be NM-like content on these islands as well as gathering nodes, whether those rewards end up unique to it or not is another question. I suspect it'll just be the same deal as Hunts and provide an additional way to gear up, perhaps put some copies of existing Unspoiled Nodes about (because I'm getting sick of only getting six swings at Darksteel per hour...).

I think they've also said that they'll be fairly cheap to make, but then again they said the same about Housing initially as well...

Personal Airships are another matter, IDK if they'll cost anything or just be given, but they will be a mount as seen here;
    (0)
    Last edited by Nalien; 05-11-2015 at 08:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalien View Post
    I think they've also said that they'll be fairly cheap to make, but then again they said the same about Housing initially as well...
    It depend on the size of the FC. For a 100 member FC 10m gil is very cheap (only 100k gil from each member). Don't forget that it is a FC content, so the price for it will be make with the idea of many players pay together.
    (0)
    Last edited by Felis; 05-11-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Player
    Character
    Riepah Redeemer
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    It depend on the size of the FC. For a 100 member FC 10m gil is very cheap (only 100k gil from each member). Don't forget that it is a FC content, so the price for it will be make with the idea of many players pay together.
    Considering that FCs of those sizes are rather the exception than the rule, calling it "cheap" on the base of "Oh, but if 100 people pay together, it's really not that bad!" would be just another smack in the playerbase's face. That said, 10 mil would be a lot more affordable than adequately sized housing was, and it's a lot later in the game so most FCs who tried to prepare for it would be able to pay up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Whaat, I don't believe my eyes - we must share the power. OP, you can edit your post to go over the word limit . Write what you need, copy the entire post, remove pieces till it is under the limit, post, and then edit paste over the skeleton post. Or if you're really concerned about losing your info, paste it into a safe location like word document so you don't lose it in the posting process (I've done that before lol, good face palm moment).

As for the idea, I think SE should be considering any method to not make such an exclusive first come first serve system. They're excluding players from gameplay features and particularly game progressing features like income and items, as players and devs want houses to be more and more featured they're going to be excluding people on an even greater level. I believe the simplest solutions offered was just to make areas that don't have housing customization but do have their features like an Ishgardian workshop, or a community garden (with instanced flower bed you can use), fully featured stables, etc. This way the dev cost of housing systems is not entirely connected to the features they may provide, housing becomes more like really nice customizable area to have all features neatly tied together. Imagine most would prefer a house, at least I do, but if SE can't figure a system that works then FC/Players are not excluded.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shougun; 05-12-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Not every FC with a house has enough people to do big content, my FC rarely has 5 people online at the same time. I'm going to start up a linkshell for this content in advance of 3.1, and we might even get some people into the FC as well. Leaving your FC won't be required to do this content with us, you would just have to be available to do it on our schedule. I expect other groups will do the same, so find one that meets your time.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2