I know most might not find this interesting due to the fact that it is, in fact, about crafting and the crafting classes… but I know I can’t be the only person who does truly enjoy the crafting aspect of this game. So last night a few friends and I were in a party, we had gone to craft and happened to all to leveling the same craft so ended up in the same place.
This made me think… I know that we have a few different versions of ‘parties’ when battling:
-1 to 3 members gives no bonus for being in a party.
-4 to 7 members in considered a light party which gives +5% max HP/MP and +5% physical/magical accuracy.
-8 members are considered a full party which gives +10% max HP/MP, and +10% physical/magical accuracy.
So I thought: Why can’t crafters get some kind of bonus if they get in a party and craft within the same area? This could be done in a few ways:
1) Everyone would have to be the same craft…yes this would be harder but who cares!
2) Everyone would just have to be on any craft and crafting within ‘x’ area of everyone else… hello crafting party!
Once we had a group of crafters (done in either of the two ways, maybe more ways if someone else thinks of one) we could get bonuses much like the battle classes do. I have two different ideas for this as well and this would give people the option to buy support or party for support. Remember these are just ideas!!!
Players can either go buy the support from the guild, or get it though crafting parties.
-1 to 3 crafters in a party (either all the same craft or just a craft period) would get the basic synth support automatically.
-4 to 7 crafters in a party (either all the same craft or just a craft period) would get the second tier synth support automatically.
-8 crafters in a party (either all the same craft or just a craft period) would get the master synth support automatically.
Crafters would get into a party (either all the same craft or a craft period) and the bonus would be based off the highest crafter in the party, for example (and this is just an example) let’s say:
-Crafter is 1 to 10 ranks above the other crafter(s) in the party then lower crafters would receive a 5% bonus (basically a form of support) to their crafting rank.
-Crafter is 10 to 20 ranks above the other crafter(s) in the party then lower crafters would receive a 10% bonus (basically a form of support) to their crafting rank.
-Crafter is 20+ ranks above the other crafter(s) in the party then lower crafters would receive a 15% bonus (basically a form of support) to their crafting rank.
The highest crafter would also receive some type of bonus for helping and supporting the other crafters lower than them during this time.
If you break this down and change all the crafting to gathering instead, it would also work in that aspect as well… since I love gathering too!
Why would this be an interesting idea?
1) It’s not always easy to get a group of crafters together that would want to do this so people would be rewarded for putting in the effort.
2) It would also support community communication since people would probably have to look outside of their LS to find people to craft with.
3) Crafters would be able to help one another, not just with the bonus, but also advice, support and encouraging once another by working together.
4) When/If SE ever puts in those big crafts they were talking about that take multi-crafters to make people would have a lot more options because they would have made relationships with many more crafters that are out there.
It’s a simple idea really, and I know not everyone is going to like it. Some might even say that ‘well it’s just the crafters so who cares’. But for the people who do enjoy crafting, they might appreciate something like this that not only gives them a bonus for working together in a field that tends to be mostly solo. But gives them a reason to reach out to other crafters and make friends…
Thank you for reading!