Player
    Character
    Misenklauph Drakkfhur
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijana View Post
    All dps is good in theory, except people always seem to just kill the adds in there instead of the stomach walls, I don't know why. Thats when people start dying, should just have a bard bind or blm sleep (if it can be slept? Never been in there as blm) and then everyone ignore it. Or better yet, one tank go in there and grab the adds while the dps kill the walls. Once the walls are down, everyone gets flushed out.

The idea is just fine, people just never execute it properly
    regardless of the reason why, if it's very rarely executed properly in pugs, the default maybe should just be Adds Belly Chains.

I Typically tank, and I will often OT that fight, solely b/c then I know I will be picking up the adds outside. Hopefully at least one healer in my PT stays out to heal me.
    (1)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2237443/]
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni View Post
    I wish more tanks were like you also.
    http://xivreborn.com/gen/Misenklauph_Drakkfhur_Ultros_Classes.jpg

Player
    Character
    Cara Verant
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I've seen far more wipes with the all-dps in strategy than the standard A B C. The adds hit hard enough to wipe out dps pretty quickly, on top of the constant dot from the stomach acid, which can kill the whole group on its own if dps is too low. Then there's also the many many many people who jump in the purple stuff before getting mini; seems especially common with healers. -____-

For my money, the most efficient strategy would be all A deals with adds, all B goes in belly, C dps goes in belly, and C tank and healers stay out to hold down Cerberus. Still quicker than just B alone, but safer than all dps and no tanks/healers to go with them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rhas Itiron
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    If all DPS go in, the stomach is killed quicker (3x quicker in theory) and that means everyone outside quicker to deal with adds, less uptime for adds outside and a quicker overall kill of Cerberus. I have never even seen anyone die to an Unknown before in there so you must have some pretty awful people to be that slow when you go all in.

If one party goes in its generally slower (longer time inside means more dot ticks on your debuff inside higher chances of failing) but you have more people outside to deal with adds the issue I have with this is if the off tanks don't grab the adds when you go all in, they are not going to grab the adds when only 1 group goes in anyway so in my case every time I go to attack adds outside the stomach I end up dying because all the other tanks are not pulling them anyway.
    Here's the thing that get me.

Even if all DPS go in the stomache or 1 full party goes in (doesn't even matter which) the length of the fight is *still* the same. The only thing that goes quicker is Cerebus kneels down faster... twice... during the fight. You don't do any extra damage either way. IMO its just easier for everyone to know what they are doing if a full single party goes in. You aren't making the fight any shorter by all DPS going in. You are going to finish the fight pretty much the same as if a full group went in. Since PUGs in the DF can have alot of.... issues (ie. DPS that actually enters is low and people outside start dying)... its just better to have a party go in instead.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Magistrella Opalia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Thank god on our Data Center people dont get stupid ideas like that on Cerberus Anymore

A(dds) B(elly) C(hains)

B goes in completely, noone dies, A tanks and kills Adds, C tanks and kills Cerberus

With the max capacity of 8 people in the belly you get a max of 8 dps, which is only 3 more then alliance B only. Adds might go on a rampage outside/inside and you loose dps on cerb because people start dying.

Only took people 2 weeks to realize that here >.>

The only thing that goes quicker is Cerebus kneels down faster... twice... during the fight
    Cerb only kneels once with our method, he usually drops dead after the second belly because way more dps on it outside (or at worst left with 1-5%)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lady Archulak
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    I've never understood why people think 1 set of chains is faster.

If your dps are good and get in the belly quick it takes about 20-30 seconds to kill all 4 walls which does 25% dmg to cerb. Then the time until the next belly phase is fixed once you rechain him.

So what happens when you only get 1 set of chains is that your 1 group is in there for so long that you don't get another belly phase cause the other ppl did about 25% of his hp on the outside, which sounds good in theory. The catch is that you could push faster if the stomach is nuked down and then you end up getting a second belly phase around 25% of cerbs hp. At the second belly phase you should also have at least lb1 and if casters use it in the belly it can bring 2 walls to <50% hp meaning you can deal 25% to cerb in about 10 sec. In short if you have ppl staying out unless those ppl can deal 25% of cerbs hp within like 30 seconds it's probably slower. Also since he's almost guaranteed to die from the 2nd time you really only have to deal with the 1 set of adds outside.

Also while I'm talking about fast strats, on CoD you can kill all 3 hypercharged clouds with a caster lb3 put in the center of the arena which will bring the cloud back faster saving you some time and you also don't have to worry about any other groups low dps. You just need to start casting it as soon as they spawn and it will hit them even though the walls are up when it hits. You can also get lb3 every time for this phase if at least 3 of your party members stand under the orbs every set.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jagged Phoenix
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by RylaiBluecrow View Post
    I hate the idea.
    When I'm dps i hate going in because i don't wanna get unlucky and killed by Unknown.
    When I'm healer i hate this idea because i don't wanna raise a dead dps flushed out of doggie's belly.
    ((When I'm tank, well it's none of my business. But generally speaking, dead dps = less damage = longer wait = more chance to mess up = potential wipe))

So yeah.

And quite frankly, it doesn't really speed up the phase by a whole lot. And alas, wolfsbane will go wild outside of belly.

Don't have a suggestion or solution to this, but when I'm tanking, I usually go in belly along with many DPS and tank the Unknown while DPS are killing stomach. Might pop a couple CD but it's worth it. No dead DPS, everyone's happy.
    I am on couerl, and this method is the default method on every run since about the first week of this raid coming out. I have done this as smn, drg, whm, sch, and war. I have never been in an attempt that this method failed, except when neither OT grabs adds. Usually this is when the tanks are fighting over hate and one of them ends up kicked after the wipe. I do see DPS die, but it is usually from the DPS being marked not getting mini and just standing still so the AoE drops right on top of him and he dies.

As a healer, I find I spend more MP when some of the DPS stay outside, as they end up taking hate on adds instead of the OTs or get hit by cerberus. Otherwise eos can heal and I can do chains or dps adds.
    As a war, I really do not pay attention to the DPS. I usually grab adds.
    As a smn, I go in and can hit 2-3 stomachs. Ignore adds, the stomachs die before they will kill you unless you AoE them and get more then you would normally agro.
    As a drg, I usually have time to beat on 2 stomachs. Adds can be ignored and barely bother you.

Typically Cerberus dies when the second set of stomachs go down. There is no dealing with adds after that, so any DPS outside killing them are wasting DPS.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lin Celistine
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrella View Post
    Cerb only kneels once with our method, he usually drops dead after the second belly because way more dps on it outside (or at worst left with 1-5%)
    Except if your DPS is worth their salt, it works the same way. Or, Cerberus does not survive chaining him the second time - if your DPS is low.

Both methods work easily. There is no point insulting them when they've proven easily effective by each data center.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kacee Goldtip
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Were you in the Pineapple alliance group last night?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Snow Requiescat
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
    Were you in the Pineapple alliance group last night?
    lol what is that xD
    nope im not :3
    (0)
    Life becomes death becomes new life. As it should be.

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Even if all DPS go in the stomache or 1 full party goes in (doesn't even matter which) the length of the fight is *still* the same. The only thing that goes quicker is Cerebus kneels down faster... twice... during the fight. You don't do any extra damage either way.
    Not necessarily true. A lot of groups will end up taking Cerb below 25% prior to the end of the 2nd "belly phase" if it isn't ended quickly, which ends up just being wasted time/damage. Additionally, if the belly phase somehow lasts long enough, Cerb will place a 2nd puke pile down on the ground, which just spawns even more wolfsbanes to deal with.

Typically Cerberus dies when the second set of stomachs go down. There is no dealing with adds after that, so any DPS outside killing them are wasting DPS.
    It's also wasted DPS on Cerb if it's below 25%, so unless they got into the stomach right away they're kinda SOL regardless.
    (0)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast