ISP: Qwest

Type of Internet Connection: DSL

Internet Connection Speed: 1.5Mbit/s

Date and Time: Most recent occurence, 5/4/2015. 12:00 PM CST

Frequency: Always

Character Name: Fenrir Lokison

World: Malboro

Class/Level: Ninja, Lv.50

Area and Map Coordinates: The Goblet as of now, but happens everywhere.

Party or Solo: Bug happens in either case

NPC Name: None

Monster Name: None

Steps: This glitch happens no matter what I'm doing, as long as moving my character is involved. I play on PS4, using the standard PS4 controller. Whenever I push my left joystick straight up, to move my character forward, my character will either not move at all, or sort of walk very slowly, alternating between slow and not moving at all. In order to move anywhere I have to move my camera angle and use left or right on the joystick to move like I'm playing an old 2D side scroller. This bug has gotten me killed in a number of situations, and is becoming increasingly annoying. I would be most appreciative if this situation could be looked into.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    You sure its not your DSL connection you are on. I'm no IT guru but 1.5mbps seems kind of low.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fenrir Lokison
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    I'm pretty positive it isn't the connection speed. I just recently moved, and at my old location my internet speed was 10 Mbit/s. The running glitch was happening there too. And it only happens when I try and run in the one direction. Every other direction works fine.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pengi Engi
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    This happens to me too. I'm also on PS4 with controller.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Monkey Nutz
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I'm assuming the controller in question isn't actually broken, right? I don't play on PS4, but I don't suppose there's any sort of controller calibration built into the game like the PC version?

I recall that with previous consoles (long ago) I'd encounter a similar problem if the joystick was in a non-resting position when the controller (these were wired, so also the console) was powered on. There's no way that your controller regularly has the joystick pointing up when you turn it on, is there? Seems like it would be rather difficult given the way you turn a PS4 controller on, but that's the extent of my diagnostic knowledge of this problem.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fenrir Lokison
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 50
    No, my controller isn't broken in any way. I know of a few other people this has been happening to. We took a break from the game to play other games for a couple months shortly after 2.4 was released. We came back about two months ago and it was one of the first things we noticed. Seeing other people chiming in saying they're experiencing this too, so I'm somewhat positive that isn't a hardware issue. More of a software issue. Some new code not playing nice with older code.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xixi Eclipse
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I play ps4 with a controller, I see something similar when target lock is on - you end up in a strange invisible tether with the target and are slowed down, limited in movement, and yes, it will get you kOed. No idea if this happens when target lock is on for PC users, but it really shouldn't happen. You should be able to target lock without your movement being limited.

all targetting on the controller is AWFUL. It has no common sense, auto selects the furthest target that is 10x out of range, always selects whatever inanimate object/NPC rather than a mob first,and when there are a dozen odd mobs it takes far too long to select a particular one. when you go backwards/forwards through the list the order constantly changes as the mobs move about. It needs some serious consideration from the devs.
    (0)
    Last edited by XiXiQ; 05-05-2015 at 04:58 PM.