Player
    Character
    Kalandros Shadowsun
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneDawn View Post
    Ask for FC or friends to tag along, make a PF for it. There's bound to be a plenty of other people willing to tag along with you. Playing it on DF is a game of chance, since you're bound to get crybabies who don't want to handle even the simplest mechanics and instead project the blame to the party members/devs.
    Trial Roulette

I've done steps more than once outside of roulette.
    But when roulette strikes ...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Shannon Dawn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalandros View Post
    Trial Roulette

I've done steps more than once outside of roulette.
    But when roulette strikes ...
    Tbh either they should give increased roulette rewards if SoF pops up, or transfer it into story roulette as that's where it really belongs to.

By itself the trial is fine, although it severely needs a restart options. It's imolementation is just bad, as a lot of ppl play trials for that ez 2min run, even if that's not what it's designed for.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shannon Dawn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Implementation*** phone no edit
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saizou Kirigakure
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 80
    Ask for FC or friends to tag along, make a PF for it. There's bound to be a plenty of other people willing to tag along with you. Playing it on DF is a game of chance, since you're bound to get crybabies who don't want to handle even the simplest mechanics and instead project the blame to the party members/devs.
    First off, yes, people should ask FCs and do PFs, but should they needed to face immediate disband of the party as soon as they decide to do it through the Duty Finder?
    What about those who don't have an FC, or who are new to the game who do not get that group to help with the fight through Party Finder? They are left with the Duty Finder, and that should not be faced with immediate dismissal.

Yes, I agree that the issue with the fight is: "If you forget one mechanic, you're going to have to wait until Vishap has walked aaaaall the way to the end of the stage to try again." - That definitely is one HUGE problem with it, no question about it.

I suggest removing it from Daily Roulette because those people who do Daily Roulette trials are not out for 1 hour of potential wiping, they want their tomes, and they will not do the fight. Keep it in the Duty Finder, remove it from the Duty Roulette.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zanmato; 04-29-2015 at 06:29 PM.
    Eorzean Climber (Noborist)

Player

story roulette as that's where it really belongs to.
    Agreed. Even it is a trial, this one is an important step of story and really belongs to Main Scenario roulette 100 times more than trial roulette.

I'd make it more: put into Main Scenario roulette ALL duties and trials that are needed to progress on main scenario. What else is the purpose of this roulette? Only pretorium and castrum?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aoi Xenon
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Let's be honest, I won't do trial again, daily fun has become tragic.
    Please nerf it on 3.0, atleast a full party with ilv130 can kill it without using mechanics, a party followed mechanics can easily kill it even when failed some dragonkillers.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Stubbo Mackenzie
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaRu View Post
    Agreed. Even it is a trial, this one is an important step of story and really belongs to Main Scenario roulette 100 times more than trial roulette.

I'd make it more: put into Main Scenario roulette ALL duties and trials that are needed to progress on main scenario. What else is the purpose of this roulette? Only pretorium and castrum?
    Doesn't really work though, Main Scenario is freshly dinged 50 content with absolutely zero gear expectations and rewards tuned towards that. And just about everything in Trials Roulette is needed for either main scenario or Hildibrand anyway, apart from the two relic trials I can't think of anything in there which is completely optional.

It's a rewards versus time issue, and the devs have made a trial which while interesting to do, doesn't fit in with the difficulty level or the rewards of any of the existing content and is a poor fit for any of the existing duty roulette pools. It's closer to Ultima HM and Odin, except it's not optional and as a result they've been forced to shoehorn it into roulette just to make sure people will actually do the damn thing.
    (0)

Character
    Sariena Adeline
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Those who are stuck and can't progress int he DF should place a Party Finder up lol. I know personally that I'll still withdraw when it pops :x
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    everything in Trials Roulette is needed for either main scenario or Hildibrand
    I meant, it is better have everything needed to progress the main scenario, in Main Scenario roulette. I think it is not so much out of place.

Keep on Trial Roulette all other trials, even if remaining a few they will be anyway more than two duties as main scenario roulette is today. Not to mention, on trials you also have a place for all hard and extreme primals.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Make it drop a rare minion or a pony. People will deliberately queue up to farm it. Problem solved.
    (14)

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast