Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Character
    Selli Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90

Please make the Au Ra horns separate from the faces!

Since the release of the Benchmark this has been pointed out time and time again as something the community is unhappy with. However, there hasn't been a reply as to if this is permanent or if with the official release of Au Ra in Heavensward, they will indeed be separate.

The reason why this is seen as such a bothersome issue is the fact that the horns are very noticeable and, in a sense, they are Au Ra's "ears". Elezen and Lalafels have very prominent ears and these can be adjusted by size and shape. Roe and Hyur have human-like ears so theirs don't change (understandable) and Miqo'te ears are the same size and shape depending on gender. But with such a vast difference between the horns and face shapes on Au Ra, it is understandable that the idea that they can't be mixed and matched freely is frustrating.

The horns already work with all of the hairs and hoods/hats (or at least the ones seen in the Benchmark). Why would making them separate from the face be such a big deal? Would characters look too similar? Would the horns distract/take away from the face? Is it too much character customization?

Thanks to some photoshop magic (that I have been at for the past 5+ hours), I'll let you decide for yourself.

Original for Females

Edited

Original for Males
    (I sincerely apologize for how zoomed out these are, I had to take the screenies with photoshop open and I couldn't get any closer without significantly cutting off the horns, which doesn't help my case much)

Edited

Do the characters look too similar? Excluding the fact that it's the same skin/hair/eye color; no, they do not. The face shapes, eye shapes, lips, eyebrows, and face scales all offer a unique look, even if the differences seem minor at first glance.

Do the horns distract/take away from the face? Not at all. In fact, the horns add to the face and even enhance some of the resting expressions, making the expressions seem a bit different from one horn shape to the other.

Is it too much character customization? Considering there are some games with sliders for literally every little inch of your character's face and body, I think expanding the customization options from a pre-set 4 to 16 is hardly too much for us to handle.

I know everyone isn't going to agree that this is worth fixing, but I know I'm not the only one who is a little bit upset over this restriction. So, SE-senpai, please notice? <3
    (642)

Player
    Character
    Ququ Nasu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    I'm conflicted on whether to sign or not. I want to, I really do, but then you ended with SE-senpai, please notice? <3 which is a horrible meme and an attempt to manipulate with a fake heart.
    (43)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    +1 from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darra View Post
    I'm conflicted on whether to sign or not. I want to, I really do, but then you ended with SE-senpai, please notice? <3 which is a horrible meme and an attempt to manipulate with a fake heart.
    Jesus ...
    (46)
    Last edited by Jandor; 04-28-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kallistra Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    +1 signed.
    (8)

Character
    Selli Noblesse
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I was attempting to end the post on a light note. I personally feel more inclined to agree with someone if they try to make me smile. I'm sorry the attempt was lost on you. It wasn't my intention to annoy anyone.

And I don't manipulate. My heart is all real.
    (64)
    Last edited by Selli; 04-29-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Helinin Landgravine
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    TOO LATE GUYS! If we know 6mths back, they probably can change, now it is TOO LATE.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ququ Nasu
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 60
    People online really do not understand sarcasm (though I really do hate that meme) I clicked "like" anyway.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Anarista Tarnyang
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I can already answer this for you. Limitations! It's the same reason why I can't have two face options (Like Eyeliner and face paint).
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Tal Young
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Selli View Post
    I was attempting to end the post on a light note. I personally feel more inclined to agree with someone if they try to make me smile. I'm sorry the attempt was lost on you. It wasn't my attention to annoy anyone.

And I don't manipulate. My heart is all real.
    You truly will say anything in order to convince people to support a position they already support won't you, you monster.

<3
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Yoku Dekimashita
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    People online really do not understand sarcasm (though I really do hate that meme) I clicked "like" anyway.
    Sorry, lemme find my Sarcasm detector. Kinda hard to read sarcasm via text.

I clicked like too...I felt like the Au Ra CC fell a bit short anyways.
    (12)

Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast