Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43

character movement stuck

I am not sure what happened. Desperately need help. I normally use mouse control.
    I know it is in mouse mode. But not sure why after a few days I didn't play.
    Now I tried to play. It won't let me move my existing character.
    e.g. WASD keys does not work. I could turn around using the mouse. I could press CTRL +1 for my foresight skill. But "W" "A" "S" "D" does not move character. It is set to WASD. I went to buy game pad and try game pad , does not seem to move character. I could teleport using mouse click "travel"
    Note: If I create new character , I have no problem. Please help me fix. Otherwise, I may have to quit this game.
    I will give you one million Gil if you offer the right fix
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Go into keybinds, make sure "enable direct chat" up at the top isn't selected
    Or character config, make sure you're in mouse mode
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43
    It is still stuck , I am in mouse mode and check the keybind , the Enable Direct Chat is NOT selected.
    I do notice one thing, even when I put sprint in my hotbar , then I click on it, then I saw the wait cycles... still , I am unable to move character.

I would pay for 1 million Gil for right advise.
    Someone plz plz help me.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43
    I even tried to delete documents -> my games -> ffxiv

that only brings me back with introduction video . I am so confuse of what else to try
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43
    I open up a ticket and I am not seeing any response

I felt like quiting the game. But I love this game tho..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    If you make a new character and it works fine, you can swap the game files over from it.

Each character has it's own folder in "My Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn", they are named FFXIVCHRGiantHexNumber. If you can transfer the right .dat file from your new character to your old character's folder, it would fix the issue. You won't hurt anything by transferring all of them, but you will lose things like item sort order, macros, hotbar setups, etc if you copy over the wrong ones. I would guess UISave.dat would be the one.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Sounds like your control DAT files may have gotten corrupted somehow for that one character. They are plain text files that you can read/edit directly in a text editor, but it is a lot of settings to sift through. May be easier to just copy them over as StouterTaru suggested. You shouldn't need the entire folder though, just the ones specifically for control configuration. Just to be on the safe side though, make a copy of each of the folders somewhere else just in case you need to restore a file.

They will be nested under the FFXIVCHRxxxxxxxx folders under that MyDocuments path, and are simply named CONTROL0.dat and CONTROL1.dat. Your Key bindings and hotbars are likewise in files called HOTBAR.dat and KEYBIND.dat, but they aren't plain text friendly like the others...so if you need to port them over, you pretty much have no choice but to copy those files over.

Make sure to back up each folder to another location first though, just in case you grab the bad set of files and copy it over a good one.

If that fails to restore control again, you may have to resort to the nuclear option and reset everything to defaults through either the launcher or config screens. If you made the backup of the folders, then you can try pulling your gear sets, macros, hotbars, and such back in afterwards from those backup folders. Hope this doesn't happen to someone on a console. Those players are kind of screwed if this happens to them (unless they have file level access to their drives and what not I guess).
    (0)
    Last edited by Raist; 04-26-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43
    I made a copy of Document --> My games folder just in case it went wrong.

I created a brand new character, and copy a brand new set of *.dat files over the my existing one and replaced them. The problem still occured. At this point , I believe someone in Square-Enix Stoned my account. ( I smell something fishy...)
    I think the issue is on the server side. ( I need to prove it by install FFXIV on a brand new computer ) If it still not successful, then it is on the SERVER side. ) If that is the case I really hate SQUARE-ENIX
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Firefly Wing
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 43
    I think this is a "Soft Banned" done by Square Enix. Screw them !!! this happened when I got suspended for 3 days. Then once they unsuspended it the account character frozed. They are forcing you to start all over with a new character.
    Why I know ? I went to install brand new software on brand new computer and the same thing happened again. This particular character just frozed. So it is the server side issue. Since my dad is a lawyer, I am going to steal one of his company letter head and wrote to their CEO for they themselves don't play by the contract.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Don't see where you've tried resetting everything to defaults yet. There's an option in the config menu from the launcher, as well as the options with the in-game config screens as well. Have you tried that option?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast