Player
    Character
    Gentle San
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80

Graphics problems since the last maintenance (4/20)

Since the maintenance the game changed to me and become very annoying to play.

I always played the game at 60 fps with my custom configuration everywhere besides mor dhona and now if I reach 60 fps, my graphics configuration must be set everything on low and looking to the ground, if I make a mere movement the fps drop to 25, plus inside any house in the game it's even worse than going to the middle of mor dhona with tons of people there.

This is a isolated issue with the final fantasy that only started to happen after that maintenance. I tested every other game that I have on this PC and everything ran well like always did, but only ffxiv don't do that anymore.

I tried uninstalling the game and made a fresh download and install, checked my vga drive if they were up to date, tried rolling back it to 3 types of previous versions to see if it was any problem with the nvidia driver, but nothing changed, all games run smoothly except the final fantasy.

Right now, I really don't know anymore what to do, I tried everything I could before coming here, searched if someone was having problems like, but most people were only talking about huge lag that they were having, right now playing the game became very annoying due the insane fps loss.

My rig is a i5-4670, 8gb ddr3 1333 with GeForce gtx 650 ti.
    I always played the game at High (Laptop) turning off the SSAO.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pedrotz; 04-22-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Quilia Labro
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    There is a chance your CPU is throttling itself whilst playing FFXIV, this may not happen while playing other games because they are not as CPU-intensive. You can try to monitor your CPU's clock speed while playing and see if there is any differences between FFXIV and your other games. (HWMonitor works well for this).

Seeing as you are playing on a laptop, have look in the "Advanced power settings" for your current power-plan and see under "Processor power management" if your CPU is set to anything lower than 100% at Minimum and Maximum processor state. If they are, put them up to 100%, restart your machine and try playing. You can also see if there is some kind of power management turned on in your BIOS, but please read the descriptions there carefully before doing any changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gentle San
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    I think you made a little mistake reading, I use the pre-defined graphic configuration that the game says "High (Laptop)", not that I play on a laptop.

About what you said, my cpu isn't throttling, the ffxiv process is working in the same way as used to before the problem appear, I always check how much memory or cpu a process is using, same goes always monitoring my cpu and gpu temp.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Quilia Labro
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Sorry, I must have read that incorrectly. But if the usage and temperature of your CPU and GPU have been monitored with no discernable difference between FFXIV and other games then there might be a more underlying issue.

Only other thing I can think of right now is if you are running Windows 7: Have you tried disabling "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" in Services and then restarting? This will make your Windows ui look less appealing and while I cannot confirm it will help, I have read occurences of people claiming their games ran smoother after disabling it.

Edit: You've probably already thought about this, but if you are running any kind of overlay software (Fraps, steam etc.) then you can see if closing or disabling those has any effect on your fps.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sloprano; 04-23-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Gentle San
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Since I started playing xiv I have been using the win 8.1.

Tired from looking everywhere and don't finding anything I formated the pc and before anything I will just toss my gpu driver and check how ffxiv will work after that.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gentle San
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Even with a fresh installation of the windows, gpu driver and game, the issue persist.
    (0)