Player
    Character
    Tilla Eversong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Natashio View Post
    Oh..my. This escalated rather quickly...

/sit....still eating my popcorn from 2:23 pm..
    I got my tin of popcorn for this
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kokotsu Kotsu
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    If less drama sure it's working.
    I'm wondering if official parser is coming out.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'ico Yazawa
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    If JA gamers are all hardcore and, as mentioned before, they only play games they are actually good at and there's apparently "no casual JA gamers" then why the hell isn't it 100% of or even 90% of their server cleared FCoB? 15.60% on the highest server is kinda meh. What are the other 84.40% of the players on the highest server doing?

Maybe JA has higher clear success rates cuz their gamers won't do content they can't handle (I really don't know tbh I'm just speculating with no facts), but the fact remains, 84.40% of the TOP server hasn't cleared FCoB. Does that make them casuals too? What are they exactly? I just know that's a large % of players that towers over the raider %.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Suzu Hakase
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    This was an interesting read. OP clearly wanted to incite a reaction, and he or she has succeeded.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gryzz Odyss
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 51
    If only those bots weren't mining and spamming gil tells 24/7, then MAYBE NA servers would get better numbers.
    (4)

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Miitan View Post
    [RANT]
    Sure, real life does sometimes clash with raid times and you won't be able to make it, but do you really need to see granny every Wednesday, the one day everyone else can make, when you could see her on Thursday instead? Do you really need to get drunk every Friday night and have nothing to show for it but a splitting headache on Saturday morning? Chances are you don't, but people will slack off and play the Real Life card when it suits them. They will turn up when they feel like it and, when the team goes nowhere, they'll just leave and hope to latch onto someone else who'll carry them through the content.
    Well RL trumps the game no matter the reason or the importance, even if I'm playing if my best friend calls and says hey want to go do something I will drop the game in a heartbeat.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    N'ico Yazawa
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexia View Post
    Well RL trumps the game no matter the reason or the importance, even if I'm playing if my best friend calls and says hey want to go do something I will drop the game in a heartbeat.
    So like we're all in T13 and on phase 4, Bahamut is at 15% and your friend calls. Do you run to wall, die and leave raid then log off immediately, or do you finish the clear? Cuz what I find with the "RL trumps game" mentality is that people often don't know that there are OTHER people playing the game with them too. So before decisions like this are made, at least consider if it's a good time to leave or not... A boss at 15% isn't a good time. (Seriously I've seen this happen before >_> )
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Samantha Smith
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Miitan View Post
    Lag is the fallback excuse in 95% of cases when someone has failed to react in time to a mechanic. It's the actual reason the other 5% of times unless your internet currently consists of two cups tied together with string.

PS: I live in the EU and I can count the times I've actually had lag issues without having to resort to my toes.
    Yeah, that's bullocks. I've seen lag hit many people and not just me. When I see someone get hit with landslide, and they fly in a different direction, that's lag. And it happens. Alot.

Lag happens, and it makes some fights near impossible. Titan and T5 is a good example of fights where the fight becomes more of a latency check rather than a skill check. Just don't tell me it doesn't happen, because it happens all the time.
    (6)

Character
    Lexia Lightress
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Elusana_Celah View Post
    So like we're all in T13 and on phase 4, Bahamut is at 15% and your friend calls. Do you run to wall, die and leave raid then log off immediately, or do you finish the clear? Cuz what I find with the "RL trumps game" mentality is that people often don't know that there are OTHER people playing the game with them too. So before decisions like this are made, at least consider if it's a good time to leave or not... A boss at 15% isn't a good time. (Seriously I've seen this happen before >_> )
    No I'm not going to just turn off the game and leave but I will tell the party that I'm going to head out, but anyways I don't do coil so easily able to get someone to replace me doing something like farming a primal for a pony.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Wubrant Drakesbane
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I think one of many issues comparing this would be time zone and like a single culture connection vs.. whatever the NA/EU is. Particularly time zone, I could group with people I don't really care about or do stupid things to my RL schedule to meet some other time zones but I can imagine how entirely convenient it would be to always play with people on your time frame. Other issues could include desires and data corruption like those who don't care/roleplay/extras/RMT characters that mess up the stats - I think with the current information you can't really get much accuracy on reasons why coil stats are as they are.

At least personally, it boils down to ability vs desire and while I know I can (used to raid seriously in other MMOs) I just don't like what it does to my RL and I found just taking things at my own pace is enjoyable in and out of game.

Loving the mass generalization in this thread though. "Culture is lazy, I can tell from video games" a form entertainment that most people outside of games view as lazy (which would be another generalization ^_^). Awesome.. lol
    (2)
    Last edited by Shougun; 04-23-2015 at 04:08 AM.

Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast