Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70

Story behind changing to Au Ra?

Hello,
    I have a few questions about changing to Au Ra. I think we won't be able to change to Au Ra from the beginning of the game, so when?

Is there any info about what will happen lore wise? Are we going to get struck by some magic in some side quest that will ask us if we want to change to Au Ra? Or after puting Heavensward into our Mog Station we will be able to change to Au Ra trough phantasia?

I believe we can't be able to change to Au Ra before finishing 2.55 because of the MSQ and Lore, but when and how?

I know that we can change our races without any lore info or anything, but now there will be suddenly avaible completely new race so it has to have some impact on lore, or not?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Err, no you will be able to start the game as an Au Ra and change as soon as the game is released, there won't be any lore explanation expect plastic magic surgery maybe.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by lololink View Post
    Err, no you will be able to start the game as an Au Ra and change as soon as the game is released, there won't be any lore explanation expect plastic magic surgery maybe.
    How can you start a new game as an Au Ra when that Au Ra female had to hide her face? They would have to change the story.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    How can you start a new game as an Au Ra when that Au Ra female had to hide her face? They would have to change the story.
    We don't know why they have to hide their face, but MMOs will always have their bunch of patch paradoxes, it's already the case with the CUL quest and the 2.55 quest.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    T'aretha Tyaka
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    I can deal with small paradoxes, but if there will be story paradox like - NPC had to hide her face because she was Au Ra and people might get scared while there were hunders of Au Ras running around for past 1 years, it will greatly harm ingame immersion. There will be many new players coming with Heavensward or later so the story should be atleast a bit logical when it is possible.

Imagine Au Ra player meeting NPC who had to hide that it is Au Ra..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rowan Garnet
    World
    Halicarnassus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    It's hard to say how they will go about it. they could say that they had always lived among the other people and when the refugees came it was easier for them to reveal themselves. as for the Warrior of Light aka you I'm not sure how they would implement that
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Kiyomi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    The way I think they will make it say is she is personal scared to show her face due to the prejudice while our automated range characters will be more relaxed due to the fame we have bypassing our race,
    (0)

Sometimes you just got to have Some fun

Player
    Character
    Bynder Whitehowler
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I think we'll be expected to suspend disbelief on that one. There are already many almost unavoidable situations like this in game.

Spoiler ahead.

One example - In the end of the current story I am accused of murdering a VIP and escape to Coerthas, but I don't really need to hide out - I can teleport/stroll right back to Ul'dah without being arrested.

I'm sure many people will be willing to overlook this and still enjoy the story.

I think you'll be able to start at level 1 with the new race.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo_Vandore View Post
    I think we'll be expected to suspend disbelief on that one. There are already many almost unavoidable situations like this in game.

Spoiler ahead.

One example - In the end of the current story I am accused of murdering a VIP and escape to Coerthas, but I don't really need to hide out - I can teleport/stroll right back to Ul'dah without being arrested.

Alphinaud and Swift will provide you the necessary explanation on that.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Naya Faulke
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think they'd be able to hand-wave it as Yugiri needing to hide her face because she works as a political representative of sorts, and she wanted to avoid shocking too many important people upon first impression while she was seeking refuge for the Domans.
    (5)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast