Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Esper Eidolon
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    blahhhhh blah blahhhhh easy blah blah blah harder blah blah blah faster blah blah blah stronger........ ......... and that's how the actual developing team looks at USA posts ... though I'm sure I missed a few things in their..
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Her Majesty
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    So it isn't easy enough as it is now in your opinion?
    Um... Hello? The content is so easy because we've been doing it for 2 years and we're overgearing it. What's going to happen in 3.0 when we all move onto the new bracket of content, potentially leaving the old behind? There's not going to be as many players as there are now running content which will be considered legacy, therefor carrying all of those new players along unless they ignore their Zodiac weapon feedback and shove us back in there grinding those dungeons.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Soushie Monster
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    I really don't care if they make it easier for new players, it's going to be old content. If my friend starts playing, I don't want him/her to play catch up while I enjoy the new content. You beat Titan when he was hard to kill good for you, but he wasn't old content then!
    (13)
    Last edited by TinyMonster; 04-11-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Player
    Character
    Yumi Umi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Please dumb down old content so we can play with more ppl.
    I rather hang with total 2.0 noobs than 3.0 try hards that only want the original 2.0 generation to enjoy the new sparkley 3.0 swag.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas View Post
    I find that most of the people trying to defend the right of new players to be able to experience content at it's original difficulty really don't give a rat's ass about the new players.
    I have suspected that, particularly where Coil is concerned.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Kokotsu Kotsu
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I'm actually grateful, the number of new player is increasing and because of them SE have a budget to make an awesome expansion. And furthermore it's an old content for veteran player, better than level boost system from some MMO has implement for newcomer catch up to the new content. Better ask SE to put some diversity for normal, harder and extreme content.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Razzana Kustodi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StrejdaTom View Post
    "The difficulty of current content will be adjusted, and we’re planning to adjust the Echo bonus and other parameters...."
    This doesn't mean, they dumb down everything we have now... it is more like with 10 more levels and a lot of new iLvls they have to rebalance difficulty. Maybe they even reduce/remove echo in Coil? Just trust the devs, that they will look at eacht dungeon/trial on it's own and balance it. We will get plenty of new challenging content!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I thought that the Titan example was fairly amusing since the danger of falling off the platform entirely is the only major element of challenge in any iteration of the Titan fight except for the now-trivial DPS check on the Heart.

No, I don't imagine new players gated behind old content, but there are a few things to remember:

1. Assumedly other new players will be experiencing the content with them, and it's not unreasonable to expect them to help each other and actually learn the content together. Some even find this sort of behavior to be fun.

2. It's often easy enough to reduce the number of gates in progression by removing fights from the list of prerequisites like what was done with EX primals a few major patches ago.

3. As others have noted, new content is on the way, so even if the dev team throws a bone to the super-casual crowd by modifying some 2.x content, they'll hopefully be providing brand new challenges at the same time.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Cooke
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    As someone who has tried playing long-existing MMOs like FFXI for the first time, I often found myself very easily overwhelmed by all of the various things to do.

Nothing HAS to change, but if it changes, I don't really think new players will care, as they will be too busy trying to figure out what content they have to clear.

If ANY content should get nerfed by the time 3.0 comes out, it's Steps of Faith. But that's just my opinion. Not because it's overly difficult with a premade party, but because most new players will probably DF it, get frustrated with the difficulty, and ragequit.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rox Milaj
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 48
    Need to make it harder tbh. Make the scrubs get better or go home
    (3)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast