Player
    Character
    Kogami Shinya
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Looking for a Monk rotation

Hi there. Recently, I have been looking into improving my Monk DPS and all I find is hundreds of different rotations that include maths (which I hate) and/or are too complex to understand for a newbie like me. I need something let's say standard... which doesn't include any potions or foods in it.

What I'm looking for exactly:

-PB opener
    -What to do after PB fades away
    -"PB>Snap>Snap>DK>ToD..." this type of format which would make it easier for me to understand.

Im currently at il107 and about to get into some serious raiding. Looking forward to see your opinions and advices. Thanks in advance
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ani Celestine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Personal PB opener: Demo+b4b>snap+(if I have) x-pot (if not)IR>snap+(if i used pot) IR (if not)Howling fist>dk+(if i used pot)HF (if not)steel peak>twin+(if used pot steel Peak)*pb falls off*>boot>true>demo>ToD>Fracture> normal rotation.

Normal rotation
    on opo form use dk>boot>dk>boot and so on.
    on raptor form use twin>true>twin>true and so on
    And on coreul form use snap>snap>demo>snap>snap>demo and so on.
    And ToD everytime it's about to fall off.

So the rotation would look like(after PB): dk>twin>snap>boot>true>snap>dk>twin>demo>boot>true>snap>dk>twin>snap>boot>true>demo>dk>twin>snap>boot>true>snap and so on.

Personally though it's easier to just remember the action rotation per form than that long as rotation. and I don't know if there is some other "rotation" that yields better dps than mine.

And myself I don't use fracture after pb rotation, because I find it to be too much of a tp sink.

Edit: I guess I could add that with this 'rotation' I beat other dps in my raid party (even when I was with ilvl 110 wpn and overall ilvl of 116 and highest geared blm was with ilvl 130 wpn and overall of approx 122 ilvl) on T10 anD 11 runs (have yet to progress further)
    (1)
    Last edited by AniCelestine; 04-01-2015 at 06:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    Atiqa Craiger
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Well, there probably are people better MNK than me, cause I recently started playing MNK just like you... but I'll give you what I've found looking for a rotation

PB opener: Demolish > Snap > Snap > Twin Snakes > DK [End of PB] > (ToD) > Normal rotation...... (Not sure about that ToD, because if you have lower SS than me, you might not be able to fit it in without losing your GL stacks, someone else with better knowledge have to answer that) If you can't do it, use it right after refreshing your GL next time.

Normal rotation: Bootshine > True Strike > Demolish > DK > Twin Snakes > Snap > Bootshine > True Strike > Snap > DK > Twin Snakes > Demolish

You're basically rotating between DK > Twin Snakes and Bootshine > True Strike all the time, then you check if Demolish is about to fall off, and do either Snap or Demolish based on that. If you have to dodge something real quick and can't hit the enemy, then you might not be able to just follow that rotation, you might need to do Demolish earlier for example.

You do ToD when it falls off obviously.

Also, a tip is to never use IR right before a Bootshine, it's a waste since Bootshine will always crit from behind anyways

EDIT: I'm not sure, but like the poster above mentioned, Fracture uses a lot of TP, so I don't think you should use it in your regular rotation(not including opener, which I might add too), not if the fight is long at least, which raid bosses is
    (1)
    Last edited by Craiger; 04-01-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kogami Shinya
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    I heard some people say Fracture is useless and as you said consumes a lot of TP which sometimes might me a pain for a monk unless you've got Invocation. Anyways thanks guys. I will definitely try both of your rotations.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Butta Stackz
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    All of the answers to your questions can be found in this extensive Monk Temple thread. No need to start a new one.
    (0)