Greetings,

We'd like to present an FAQ regarding the questions we see popping up the most on the forum. Please note that these answers apply to the North America region unless otherwise noted by a "Global" notice.
For questions relating to the Europe/PAL region, please refer to this thread.

Pre-Order-related Questions

I pre-ordered from the Square Enix Online Store - where can I find my pre-order codes?
Pre-order codes can be found by visiting your Square Enix Online Store account page. Log into the site, then click “My Account” at the top of the page, then click “Your Orders”. Click "View" under the Download column and your 18-digit pre-order code will be displayed along with a button labeled “Instructions” on how to redeem it.

I've got my 18-digit pre-order (AAAAAA-123-AAAAAA-123 format) code! How do I redeem it?
Visit the Heavensward pre-order page. Log into your Square Enix account (the one you use to play FFXIV) and you can redeem your code. Select the platform you wish to receive your bonus code for (note that you can only play early access on the platform that you register this code to).

The Heavensward Pre-Order site says that PlayStation®3/PlayStation®4 bonus codes are not yet available! Should I panic?
Nope! The codes haven't been added to the database yet, but as soon as they are the site will generate an email letting you know that your codes are available.

I got my 20-digit PC bonus code that grants early access and the pre-order bonus items. When can I redeem it on the Mog Station?
May 15, 2015 is the date currently set to be able to redeem your bonus code (early access/pre-order items) on the Mog Station. We'll also email you letting you know when your codes are ready to be redeemed!

When can I redeem my bonus code (early access/pre-order items) on PlayStation®Network?
We'll email users once their PlayStation®Network codes can be redeemed.

Will other stores also have the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward Collector's Edition available for purchase?
Yes! We'll update with retailer links as soon as the retailers have added them to their stores! Stay tuned!

When will the digital pre-orders begin for the Steam version of Heavensward?
We're working with Valve to launch pre-orders for the digital standard edition and digital Collector's Editions sometime in May.

When will the digital pre-orders begin on the PlayStation®Network (for PS3/PS4)?
We're currently working with Sony on this and will share more information once we have it.

Platform-related Questions

Do I need to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward for each of the platforms that I currently play A Realm Reborn on?
Global: Yes. You will need to purchase and register a copy for each of the platforms that you would like to play on. For example: You play FFXIV: ARR on PC and PS4 and wish to play the expansion on both of those platforms, then you would need to purchase FFXIV: Heavensward on both PC and PS4.

Do existing Windows users need to purchase the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online bundle to play on Mac?
Global: Yes, existing users wishing to play on the Mac will need to purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV Online to play on the new platform.

I bought and play FFXIV: A Realm Reborn on Steam. Do I need to purchase Heavensward on Steam to upgrade my account?
Global: Yes, you do as the Steam and Windows versions of A Realm Reborn have different play entitlements. The registration code that comes with the purchase of the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is a Steam-specific play entitlement. If you purchased the game via Steam and set up your service account using the Steam-included code then you cannot use a non-Steam version of Heavensward to add the expansion to your existing account.

Will the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online bundle come with 30 days of play time?
Global: Yes, it will. Please note that FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward will not include 30 days of play time.