Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aigiarn Kha
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I don't know if it is in anyway related, but Edda from the quest line Corpse Groom and Tam-Tara Deepcroft (hard) appears to be a 'white mage' or at least a 'conjurer'. She somehow turned from a mediocre healer to a full-on necromancer lord. Perhaps that's indicative of what happens if you go completely rogue with white magic?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frederick Blake
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
    I don't know if it is in anyway related, but Edda from the quest line Corpse Groom and Tam-Tara Deepcroft (hard) appears to be a 'white mage' or at least a 'conjurer'. She somehow turned from a mediocre healer to a full-on necromancer lord. Perhaps that's indicative of what happens if you go completely rogue with white magic?
    I think that what she did was totaly different. Rememmber she was using a kind of magik to summon voidsents, that's not any related on what the white mages do.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Mimelia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Edda a molado mage
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vik Vicious
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
    IIRC, in 1.0 Edda dabbled in, or was at least seeking greater knowledge of, Necromancy.
    (2)

Character
    Dererk Titan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by myahele View Post
    Despite War of Magi being very bad, it was specifically the abuse of White Magic that ushered forth an Umbral era. Why is this?

As far as I know BLM uses the aether inside themselves and mix it with abit of the void to powerup their spells.

Whereas WHM states lots of times that they draw aether from the environment itself to fuel their magic; not too different from primals drawing aether to sustain themselves.

It was also said the Amdapori wielded magic that can "alter the very fabric of existence itself"
    Actually black magic takes the athear from the surroundings in a why like conjurey dose this is how they are able to unleash such powerful magic there by surpassing what they can do with their own athear.

just a thought though magic by its self isn't evil or bad but it's how its used which determines weather its used for good or bad.

And also summoning demons from the void is something that's highly regulated these days to study it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by treuhavik View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of mixed answers. It's my understanding that Oha-Sok brought about the flood because white magick was being abused (used for unintended purposes). And, it's very likely that, said abuse was occuring because of the War of the Magi, which started as a magickal rivalry between Nym, Amdapor and a third unknown nation.
    I wish I knew what happened that finally pushed things over the edge into "flood the world".
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juan Spellsinger
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Lol I just posted a tread about what happen in the magi war I go back and now I see this on the first page lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Juan Spellsinger
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    So wat types of magic was used in the war? Was it only black and white
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by liljramos88 View Post
    So wat types of magic was used in the war? Was it only black and white
    Nope! Scholars were one side, White Mages another, and Black Magic is a later invention. Instead it was Void Mages, who controlled voidsent who formed the third side. Respectively, the sides were the Nymians, the Amdapori, and the Mhachi.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Juan Spellsinger
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    So am guessing astromancy is a new type of magic. Was necromancy involve and btw what are the types of magic in ff14 do we only have these?

Necromancy
    Black
    White
    Arcanima(arcinist)
    Astromancy

Am sure there is more
    (0)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast