Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Druidia Daystarr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 60
    I've given up on this whole thing. 50+ runs of one dungeon with no drops; and that's not including the other dungeons I have run. I don't even have one freakin' quest item to show for it. If this is how some of the relic quests are going to be in Heavensward; SCREW THAT! I'm not even going to bother. Squeenix, get off of your RNG throne. What the hell is wrong with a grocery list of steps to take?
    (1)
    Last edited by SlipperyToy; 04-02-2015 at 03:53 PM.

Player
    Character
    Eltoshan Nordion
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    This RNG based drop system is a bit like walking naked into the jungle in the hopes of finding a blood ruby the size of my head without being eaten alive by mosquitoes.

Seriously, I would find more pleasure from subjecting myself to that horror than going 0/20 on Snowcloak right now-- prior to that I had gone 1/5 on Dzemael Darkhold, which in itself is more than enough torture at that synced level.

SE, just turn the system back to the Zenith step or at the very least the Anima books. The Nexus lights-- tedious as they were-- were still an achievable goal that could be measured in milestones. This whole crotch-kicking chicanery just reeks of sheer laziness and it sickens me that there is no quantifiable method of measuring success with this whole lazy RNG drop system.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sacrilege Moonshadow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    It's lovely that SE has accepted RNGesus as their personal savior, but they could do without shoving him down our throats.

I did two Zetas and will not touch another 2.x series relic. A little RNG is expected and can even be fun since it's a form of gambling (with your time and effort as the currency used), but they overdo it. The initial relic quest was balanced very well and should have been a model for the successive steps even if new trials couldn't be made for each upgrade.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sinroth Dreadmourn
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'm glad it's not just me. I have Lost City of Amdapor, Sunken Temple (hard), and Sastasha (hard) left to do. I've been at them steady for many weeks now. No drop from either three. Everything just stopped dead. Lost City and Sunken Temple I must've ran over 2 dozen times each at nausea by now. Even more I think. This is so discouraging to think I might have to run those dungeons 50-60 more times each, just for the item to drop to complete my weapon quests. maybe even more times than that.

RNG is so extremely awful here. Wife plays Tataru and wins the Lightning card on her second win... and others reporting over 1000+ wins without a drop. WTF...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chris Corona
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    I know I got lucky and completed the Zodiac Drop Items within a 2 weeks when I started, but they REALLY do know to increase the drop rate for it! Maybe 50% you might get the item, the dungeons are long which take around 20 minutes on average to complete, some are low-level meaning you'll get ilvl sync which reduces your stats and locks you out of your usual rotation of skills, queing for these dungeon take awhile (if you're not a Tank or Healer, though Healer take longer than Tanks), you have to collect SIXTEEN items to upgrade your weapon.

I mean I love doing the dungeons, but I think we should get the item from completing it once considering the other items we add to buy/obtain along the way to unlock these quests for them.

11.11% for the drop rate of these dungeons... that's too little too much. Not a lot of people have a lot of time on their hands and considering the number of runs of not getting these items... yeah, I could see why Raid Weapons are "easier" to get than this as you're guarantee at least a Raid Weapon to drop.

I REALLY hope the new Relic series isn't going to be around RNG for the most part again.

Honestly I love working hard to upgrade my weapon to the next level making it better and customizing it to my liking, but I got my Zeta Zodiac and I have the means to get a second Zodiac weapon but I don't feel the need to do this again. I got 15 items to go (as I forgot I had the quests up and surprising got the loot when I was trying for it), but this is just horrible.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nyx Drakkon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Once I got serious it only took about 2 weeks of hard effort to finish the Zodiac quest. At most I had to do 12 runs in a dungeon. I got really lucky though.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ice Spear
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    On my last 5 drops and they are going so slow... My first and last relic I'll ever be doing that's is if I ever get the last 5 drops...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Twillin Kupopo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Im just about done trying for my relic on this step. I cant think of anything i want to do less then waste 30 min running a dungeon for absolutely nothing (no xp needed at 50, VERY little tomes for almost half the dungeons). Look we are a few months from the expac...which basically in the end will negate these steps all together (probably...maybe..who knows) either way can we please just up this final part already because i might toss my desk if i gotta sit through another dungeon run that makes me hate that dungeon +1 more than the last time i did.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zell Uzumaki
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    What I find the worst is when people wait for a dungeon for 30 mins plus to run a low lv dungeon and it takes almost 1hr to run and you get no drop. I mean that is bad for dps. Even in dungeons that you can speed run the wait time is pretty bad to get no drop in the end.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ventus Lionheart
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    This is utterly ridiculous! I can deal with Animus, Novus, Nexus, but the Atma and Zodiac is just pure torture! I understand, you want the old dungeons to be relevant, so you want people getting their relics to run them for newer players. That acceptable. What's not acceptable is giving your veteran players no rewards for running those dungeons expect for the small incentive of having about a 10% chance of an item drop! This is just SE abusing its' Veteran players for the sake of new players. The amount of 1st timers I've helped clear a dungeon in the Zodiac step is remarkable. But honestly after running a dungeon for a crap ton of times with absolutely nothing to show for it, you start to lose patience for new players! I don't mind helping new players, for the love of god, give me something to show for it! The animus, and nexus were a great way to make something grindy and still keep old stuff relevant. This zodiac step is utter crap!
    (1)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast