Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Zdenka Vaera
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    Guide is good at providing starting levels for some crafts but its misleading as you do NOT make money following this guide (at least 1-26)

The 800 and 1000 vendors are overshadowed by shard costs alone of 800g being generous along with 300-500 cloth you are still losing money it just "seems" you are making money because your currency goes up.

In actuality its sort of like trading your shard reserves for gil up front (at lower premiums). If you make your own shards by desynthing fish sure you will make money, but it will still be less than just selling your shards in the wards.

Btw Canvas Wedge Cap actually makes money (even AFTER shard costs) so I was surprised it wasn't on your list and it bridges your 20-26 gap you left open (its a 24 synth).

These vendor for 1984 and cost yarn + canvas + cotton which cost 800 (but i usually see them for 350 apiece, both types). Shards are 8x so with shards and cloth costs its 1500-1600, making net profit of 350-450 or so per synth (this is assuming Cotton yarn is free, which your guide seems to assume).

Basically what I'm saying is yes you may have more gil at the end when you are done with this guide, but its all from your shard reserves. If you buy shards to follow this guide you will not gain any money because shards sell at higher premiums than what you get return off these synths. If you're just looking to make money just sell your shards and save yourself some time, but if you want to level weaver its a decent guide at best.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zavier Mhigo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Just saying I used the same recipes pretty much to get to what am I 35/36 crafter, and I think the only reason I'm not 40 was the shard cost on cloth at that level, and the monotony. But I'm still the highest leveled crafter in my social ls, and the only person I think else who's that high is a girl too. Must be girls are better at the monotony.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdenka View Post
    Guide is good at providing starting levels for some crafts but its misleading as you do NOT make money following this guide (at least 1-26)

The 800 and 1000 vendors are overshadowed by shard costs alone of 800g being generous along with 300-500 cloth you are still losing money it just "seems" you are making money because your currency goes up.

In actuality its sort of like trading your shard reserves for gil up front (at lower premiums). If you make your own shards by desynthing fish sure you will make money, but it will still be less than just selling your shards in the wards.

Btw Canvas Wedge Cap actually makes money (even AFTER shard costs) so I was surprised it wasn't on your list and it bridges your 20-26 gap you left open (its a 24 synth).

These vendor for 1984 and cost yarn + canvas + cotton which cost 800 (but i usually see them for 350 apiece, both types). Shards are 8x so with shards and cloth costs its 1500-1600, making net profit of 350-450 or so per synth (this is assuming Cotton yarn is free, which your guide seems to assume).

Basically what I'm saying is yes you may have more gil at the end when you are done with this guide, but its all from your shard reserves. If you buy shards to follow this guide you will not gain any money because shards sell at higher premiums than what you get return off these synths. If you're just looking to make money just sell your shards and save yourself some time, but if you want to level weaver its a decent guide at best.
    Net profit = gain after all costs are considered. I didn't really have much of an issue. This is going to be heavily dependent on your server. Nice spot on the cap, too - I will edit and add that. Remember, shard cost is going to be offset if you purchase the fish from the NPC (brings the cost of each shard down to almost nothing) - I actually mention in the start that you should only need to buy lightning shards and that is it. The more shards you purchase, the more of a hit you are going to take.
    (0)

4. 09-26-2011 06:16 AM

Player

Hi there.
    First of all, thanks a lot for putting this very nice guide together, I've been using it for few days now and it has worked wonderfully.

I might be repeating words of the OP here, but for the people who are saying stuff like "this guide is not good" "this guide tells you to start <craft x> far to early" etc; the problem isn't the guide, it's the crafter. You shouldn't try to turn people away from using the guide just because you haven't been successful with it, because it might be totally opposite for them if they're doing it right.

Now like the OP said, you can't use this guide successfully if you're planning to do it with a semi-afk, enter-spamming method or something similar, you'll just end up getting frustrated. So if you don't have enough patience to actually move the cursor from one point to another to use an ability or wait, you should probably keep spam synthing ~200sp synths with zero shard/gil efficiency.

Another thing is the tools and the crafting gear; you should definitely try to update them at least semi-regularly, at least the tool. Also, try to think outside the "mainhand tool is good for x crafts, where as offhand tool is only good for x crafts" -box. I've personally found that it's always best to use the tool thats optimal rank is closest to my current rank, no matter if it's a needle or a spinning wheel, the only difference really seems to be the stats and the HQ result.

What comes to crafting gear, try to aim for as much Control as possible, as most of the fails will be caused by unstable elements.

So basically, before you come and try to bash this great guide because of it's difficulty or something similar, try to understand that it's not a zero-effort crafting guide, you actually have to pay some attention to what you are doing and what you are wearing. It might be too much for some, but for those who have the dedication, it's probably the best weaving guide out there.

And to OP: Looking forward to seeing the other crafting guides you were planning to do, keep up the good work.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Abauge Decebalus
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    Great work, thanks!
    (0)

Player

Just something that came to my mind; About Linen fents, since they're no longer needed for repairs nor they are used for crafting, I'm pretty sure they will be removed from the game in patch 1.19 along with some other similar items.. any ideas for replacement synths?

EDIT: Actually never mind the fents, I think 1.19 will bring a whole lot of other problems considering crafting.. gosh why didn't I start doing this earlier.
    (0)
    Last edited by PaynesGrey; 09-30-2011 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Typos.

Player

Weaver 30+ is a pain after 1.19!
    (2)
    ~ Paradise Oblivion
    ~ http://po.clancentral.us

Player
    Character
    Xenoraxis Thunderham
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    does this guide still works after 1.19?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Drako Lombardi
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Thats a good question, clearly canvas is out...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sehro View Post
    does this guide still works after 1.19?
    Yes, it still does until they phase everything out. The net cost of making items is roughly the same while the droprate has gone up considerably. The only area that you will have some challenges is at the end with velveteen.

My advice is to get the job done quickly before its too late.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast