Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Ingek View Post
    So far good but i cant craft stuff 5 levels highier than my current level even with master`s facility is it normal?

(i wanted to create cotton cloths)
    no you're right. this guide is completely screwed up. props for writing it, but he tells you to start stuff at way too low levels. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gu...s_Weaver_Guide id suggest this
    (1)
    Last edited by Fixy; 08-29-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    "Your" is possessive. "You're" means you are.

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixy View Post
    no you're right. this guide is completely screwed up. props for writing it, but he tells you to start stuff at way too low levels. http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Gu...s_Weaver_Guide id suggest this
    Yes, the levels are going to be off but common sense tells you that if it doesn't allow you to synth it, continue with the progression leg that you are on. My numbers (with the exception of pretty much 30 to 40) very well may be off as I spent most of my time focused on leveling efficiently and not on taking notes. Mind you they won't be far off.

If you can't make cotton cloth at 18, keep making gloves. If you can make it at 19, try it out.

Also THIS IS NOT A GUIDE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SEMI-AFK OR BOT. You NEED to actually follow the common accepted white/yellow ord crafting method or you will fail a lot.

Don't like this guide, use another lol. But since I was able to achieve something quicker than most people do AND gain from it, sharing it seemed like a good idea. Also, Betty's guide is going to take you about twice as long, which is why I didn't follow it.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes, the levels are going to be off but common sense tells you that if it doesn't allow you to synth it, continue with the progression leg that you are on. My numbers (with the exception of pretty much 30 to 40) very well may be off as I spent most of my time focused on leveling efficiently and not on taking notes. Mind you they won't be far off.

If you can't make cotton cloth at 18, keep making gloves. If you can make it at 19, try it out.

Also THIS IS NOT A GUIDE THAT ALLOWS YOU TO SEMI-AFK OR BOT. You NEED to actually follow the common accepted white/yellow ord crafting method or you will fail a lot.

Don't like this guide, use another lol. But since I was able to achieve something quicker than most people do AND gain from it, sharing it seemed like a good idea. Also, Betty's guide is going to take you about twice as long, which is why I didn't follow it.
    i gave credit to your guide and liked your post, im sorry but its just not so great as some points. you honestly expect people to have weaving training at 19?
    (1)
    "Your" is possessive. "You're" means you are.

Player
    Character
    Wren Myrmer
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 50
    Good guide!

I was R26 before I saw this, and was getting tired of making Canvas Cloth. Tried the Velveteen Halfgloves out, had about 60% success rate at that level (with all the necessary book training, proper equipment, Maker's Muse, Fulfillment and Preserve). Kept doing it because the SP was so good and mats were cheap. 650-800 SP is pretty good in my book. A lot less failures once I hit 28, maybe like 4/50. Still getting 550-650 at R28.
    (1)
    XIV SOURCE | Final Fantasy XIV Database and Community
    www.xivsource.com

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixy View Post
    i gave credit to your guide and liked your post, im sorry but its just not so great as some points. you honestly expect people to have weaving training at 19?
    I had it before then. No worries on disagreeing, but no matter what you should have it at r20 after the quest. Remember that any r15 or higher leve from Uldah can grant marks. Couple that with boosting your performance for more points and it isn't hard to get there ASAP.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sephrick Markarius
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I appreciate the effort and look forward to giving this a try.

I'm curious, was the gap from 20-26 intentionally left in, or was the 16 to 20 section intended to read 16 to 26?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bubble Yum
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrick View Post
    I appreciate the effort and look forward to giving this a try.

I'm curious, was the gap from 20-26 intentionally left in, or was the 16 to 20 section intended to read 16 to 26?
    Sorry about that. I left that gap (probably will edit it for clarification) because thats a range where it comes down to which of the synths works best for you (success rate, gil, mats, sp, etc..)

It seems that every craft has a "dead zone" like this where things slow down a bit and you have to choose how you want to inch forward. I know that on leatherworker the dead zone is between buffalo leather/vamps and toadskin vamps. It basically becomes a 3 to 4 rank gap that just burns because the pacing is slow (although, if you have raptor sinew available you can shoot past it quickly.) Sorry for the delay in response.
    (0)

Player

I'm gonna tell you right now, this guide is brilliant. You've toned it almost to perfection, while giving players the option to choose certain paths. Very nice job, especially on how to gather materials such as flax and cotton bolls. I'm pretty smart when it comes to the farming aspect, and i'm only WVR 20, but from the research I've done, w/ crystal usage and mats. You do very very nice work. I will for sure be subscribing, and waiting for all the new stuff!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Windup Bird
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Thanks Yves!! I would like to add that for r37ish to 40, velveteen shirt fronts and backs (one synth is higher than the other) is doable too with high rate of success. Netting around 500-600sp.
    (0)

10. 09-09-2011 03:42 AM
    Reason
    fsf

Player

Thank you Yves, its really good one.

I tried this and I was 30. and within couple of hours, I become 31. Now I'm 32.

I used Velveteen Halfgloves, which gave me about 500sp.

and I used Velveteen Cloth, which gave me about 600+sp.

I don't pay anything because I was having many cotton balls, I convert it to Yarns, then I make a stack of Velveteen Cloth, and use other Yarn with Cloth to make Halfgloves. then sell it ... and So on.

hope to see updates to this guides in the future and hope to have other crafts guides.
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast