Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Player

Forbidden Materia

This "Dark Side" of materia crafting is said to be the most powerful, but will come at a cost.

So what will the cost be?
    What are we able to sacrifice?
    Gil? Time? Gear? Anima? Guardian's Aspect?
    Perhaps none of those but it may be a different kind of sacrifice.

When they use terms like "Dark" or "Forbidden" to describe this materia enhanced gear it brings to mind Cursed Armor. Armor or weapons with a soul of their own, that uses the possessor as a host to carry out it's dark wishes.

So it may be that this Dark Materia Gear may take your body in some way.
    It could possibly:
    Slowly drain your HP or MP
    Increase your enmity
    Have a very low durability

Or my personal favorite, the price of wearing this evil gear is your body itself.
    Once crafted you will not be able to remove the armor from your body.
    In a game designed for variability, you pay the ultimate price of having no choice.
    So not only can you not change your gear, but you will also not be able to change your class.

That is, until you pay for the "evil" materia to be "purged" from you.
    (3)
    Last edited by Holyomen; 08-28-2011 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Forbidden materia was crafted into my keyboard.

Player
    Character
    Mariya Shidou
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    If you fail to succeed the Forbidden Materia ritual, you lose your character permanently.

Just like Salem MMO, they have perma death PvP.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Red Moon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    str+ // def-
    (2)

Player

I really hope they dont use this as a way to limit crafters to specializing in one craft. As a person with 7 almost 8(cooking at 47) crafts I would like to be able to do anything available crafting wise all on one character.
    (1)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    I really hope they dont use this as a way to limit crafters to specializing in one craft. As a person with 7 almost 8(cooking at 47) crafts I would like to be able to do anything available crafting wise all on one character.
    Enjoy it while it lasts, they've already said they're going to be limiting characters to be able to further one or two crafts exclusively in the future, in some shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMog View Post
    Casuals are gonna cry when they read this.

Expect 20 pages alone on this quote.
    Yawn at the casual remarks, the fact that she/he wasn't even serious cements this as a pretty lame remark. No, I don't play 6 hours a day like you do. Does that mean I have a different preference in play style aside from in volume? I wouldn't say so.

In the context of this whole little joke, I'd say 'casuals' would be more accepting because they don't see their characters as important to their lives, like someone who invests an excessive amount of time probably would.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sephr; 08-28-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sephr View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts, they've already said they're going to be limiting characters to be able to further one or two crafts exclusively in the future, in some shape or form.
    Do you have a link to this. I would like to see where they say for sure they will be limiting it.
    (0)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    Do you have a link to this. I would like to see where they say for sure they will be limiting it.
    They didn't. Famitsu asked if they were going to, they didn't say yes or no.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    They didn't. Famitsu asked if they were going to, they didn't say yes or no.
    Thats what I thought but I figured they must have stated it the way the other poster said it. I guess hes just hatin.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Gryzz Odyss
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyomen View Post
    Perhaps none of those but it may be a different kind of sacrifice.

... until you pay for the "evil" materia to be "purged" from you.
    @_@! i like
    (0)

Player

I vote for the permadeath.
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast