Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Chardut Mazzma
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I thought it might be a story mechanic for the antagonist to have a goal - to acquire immortality, but looks like I was reading into that too much..
    (0)

Player

I'm thinking materia with some nasty spells that can both harm the user and his intended target(s). That would be awesome. ^_^
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    I've never seen mention of Forbidden Materia anywhere. They mention a forbidden branch of the craft but not forbidden materia. This was originally used in reference to slotting more than one materia when it was first announced.

Edit: Found it

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post162041
    Well that's pretty boring.

I was really hoping for something like the Cursed Shield that requires 255 battles to cleanse or the Cursed Ring that would either leave you with the curse effect(no buffs), zombie effect(no cures), or doom so if you're in active mode for longer than 60 seconds you just die.

Way to underwhelm me SE.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sephr View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts, they've already said they're going to be limiting characters to be able to further one or two crafts exclusively in the future, in some shape or form.
    Do you have a link to this. I would like to see where they say for sure they will be limiting it.
    (0)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    Do you have a link to this. I would like to see where they say for sure they will be limiting it.
    They didn't. Famitsu asked if they were going to, they didn't say yes or no.
    (2)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Arcell View Post
    They didn't. Famitsu asked if they were going to, they didn't say yes or no.
    Thats what I thought but I figured they must have stated it the way the other poster said it. I guess hes just hatin.
    (1)
    I have 8 crafts at 50. All I did was watch T.V. and spam standard for easy mode synths. Enjoy leveling those crafts in 1.19 and beyond everyone!

Player
    Character
    Arc Jurado
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    Thats what I thought but I figured they must have stated it the way the other poster said it. I guess hes just hatin.
    Yeah, the initial mis-translation made it sound like it was SE who said it though it just turned out to be Famitsu asking if they were going to when Reinheart fully translated it.
    (1)

Character
    Andrien Bellcross
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Huge Materia!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maetilorh Rhotwilfsyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefCurrahee View Post
    I'd rather it be a chocobo.
    “Hello, ladies, look at your materia, now back to mine, now back at your materia, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn’t mine, but if you stopped using normal materia and switched to Forbidden materia, Yours could be like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a Airship with the materia your materia could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Treasure chest with two Forbidden materia to make your armor the armor you love. Look again, the Forbidden materia are now risk free. Anything is possible when your materia looks like Forbidden materia and not normal materia. I’m on a Chocobo.”
    (7)
    Last edited by Sylvari; 08-28-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvari View Post
    “Hello, ladies, look at your materia, now back to mine, now back at your materia, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn’t mine, but if you stopped using normal materia and switched to Forbidden materia, Yours could be like its mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a Airship with the materia your materia could be like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Treasure chest with two Forbidden materia to make your armor the armor you love. Look again, the Forbidden materia are now risk free. Anything is possible when your materia looks like Forbidden materia and not normal materia. I’m on a Chocobo.”
    I very much enjoyed that.

As to my comment earlier in the thread, I wasnt really being serious; but I kind of was....
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast