Player
    Character
    Filthy Fellow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 64

error 2002 fix?

Ok so every since last night Ive been getting error 2002. I contact the live chat support and they tell me to forward some ports so I do, well it was useless. Still cant login to the game right now and its getting very frustrating, anyone know any fixes?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Synaptic Striker
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Try turning off firewall/antivirus temporarily. I had a 2nd antivirus type program hidden in my system that was disabling FFXIV. If you have any old lingering antivirus or some-sort of security protection, might wanna delete or fix that.
    (0)
    Goodbye, Final Fantasy...

Character
    Talia Hailwind
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    This isn't just on Pc, I got this bug on PS4 too, first 90k error then this one when I try to get back in.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Torasu Starsider
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60

Error 2002 since 3/2/15

I've had error 2002 whenever I try to pick a my datacenter I can get onto Mana, Elemental, and Gaia. But I cannot get onto Primal, Chaos, and Aether where my characters are. Square Enix says it's my ISP my ISP says it's them so I guess I'm stuck until someone does something. I've tried all fixes I've found online. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem my ISP is Atlantic Broadband in Western Pennsylvania.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Filthy Fellow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 64
    I actually figured out what the problem was through chatting between Square Enix support and my ISP. My ISP is Atlantic Broadband also in Western Pennsylvania. From what the customer service guy told me when i talked him(who also happened to play FF14 and suffer the same problem as me) is that there's some type of connection issue somewhere in the middle between my ISP and Square that is affecting everyone in a certain block in the north eastern US( however it is also affecting other areas). He also informed me that they were trying to work with Square to get the issue fixed but they were being uncooperative with them. So if you have Atlantic Broadband than that's what the issue is and there is nothing you can do but wait, port forwarding and firewall troubleshoots won't do crap in this situation....
    (1)
    Last edited by Adamm4231; 03-06-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Player
    Character
    Miran Kiran
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noli Aysel
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Live: Singapore
    ISP: My Republic

Was in CT run last night and now i cannot log onto any of the data centers and receive the 2002 error. Up until yesterday i have never had this problem. When i do a tracert there is no bottleneck at all. there is the standard jump from Singapore > USA of 200 ms then only 4 hops to FFXIV server.

Does anyone know what you can do to fix this?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Filthy Fellow
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 64
    nolipse, you can try what i did and contact both square and your isp customer support, chances are they will tell you the same thing they told me whihc you can see in my post above. if it takes to long to fix you can always try to connect through a vpn which will cause alot of lag but at least you can play. Thats what ive been doing and it sucks, dont queue as a healer or tank if you decided to go with the vpn route
    (0)