Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Heavensward areas

Since they said 3.0 will have about as much content as A Realm Reborn, anyone else hoping they'll also be adding O'ghomoro, Paglth'an, and Xelphatol regions to explore?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dervy Yakimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    You have to remember that we have flying in this expansion. So the "as much content/areas as A Realm Reborn" may not be related to just map size/ground size. We'll be exploring land masses on the sky which is above the Dravanian ground.

They might even surprise us with content /zoneswhich goes UNDER ground.

All of these over/underground area's will not be on current Eorzean Maps as they're all unexplored area's.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aegis Corona
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 88
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up too far, but man... it's hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nefario Call
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohar_Lahar View Post
    Since they said 3.0 will have about as much content as A Realm Reborn, anyone else hoping they'll also be adding O'ghomoro, Paglth'an, and Xelphatol regions to explore?
    I would love it if they increased the Beastman stronghold sizes 10 fold. Made them real labyrinths of danger and adventure in the open world. Then put things on the inside worth going for like mining nodes etc. Ifrit's Cauldron wasn't the zone that made FFXI, but it added a great deal of value to the experience.
    (1)
    --------------
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/145190-Dungeons-Opening-Up-To-Explore
    Make it happen.

Player
    Character
    Warlyx Arada
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NefarioCall View Post
    Ifrit's Cauldron wasn't the zone that made FFXI, but it added a great deal of value to the experience.
    value to the experience lost u mean? :P , that place was hell
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by NefarioCall View Post
    I would love it if they increased the Beastman stronghold sizes 10 fold. Made them real labyrinths of danger and adventure in the open world. Then put things on the inside worth going for like mining nodes etc. Ifrit's Cauldron wasn't the zone that made FFXI, but it added a great deal of value to the experience.
    I agree with everything here. Honestly I feel they need to increase the open world size in general 10fold. I feel they are worrying way too much about filling every corner with quest and hubs, spread it out some should not be a village or town every 2mins run in 1 direction. I am hoping as we get away from the main cities we will get zones more like cauldron in XI, more open fields that are not loaded with civilization everywhere.

I just want SE to make XIV feel like a world. I want to have to be careful where I go again things should be able to kill me, I want to be able to travel again where it is not possible to get everywhere in 1min 20secs or less. They need to get away from the walking god design they have where I can kill 10-20 mobs at once with little risk of death. Have open world zones with mobs that will kill you even when you are geared with current tier endgame gear if you mess up. Would be as simple as adding say open mobs that are equivalent strength to trash mobs you have in T10 for example before the boss in a say the inner part of a bstmen stronghold. As for travel have some zones without an Aetherite in them where we actually have to travel to them. Sure instant travel saves time but it also remove the feeling of a world.

Add open world style dungeons as well, stop making 90% of the game instances. Can have your dungeons but the lobby/server game needs to end.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    I hope they also complete the current regions. Too many missing zones.
    Like West Shroud, Southern Mor Dhonna, Coerthas Eastern Highlands and Western Highlands and also all the Coerthas Lowlands.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saori Kobayashi
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Xatsh View Post
    I agree with everything here. Honestly I feel they need to increase the open world size in general 10fold. I feel they are worrying way too much about filling every corner with quest and hubs, spread it out some should not be a village or town every 2mins run in 1 direction. I am hoping as we get away from the main cities we will get zones more like cauldron in XI, more open fields that are not loaded with civilization everywhere.
    Your ideads really remind me of the good old times traveling the worlds of XI. I'm not saying they should copy/paste everything there. But I do agree that we need more open zones with more space and wildlife. SE and Yoshi done a good deal on making the little parts we have believeable if they're around a bigger city, but I think the more it is gonna be away from a major city or bigger hub at least, monsters should become more violent, fierce and of course dangerous.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saori Kobayashi
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    I just want SE to make XIV feel like a world. I want to have to be careful where I go again things should be able to kill me, I want to be able to travel again where it is not possible to get everywhere in 1min 20secs or less. They need to get away from the walking god design they have where I can kill 10-20 mobs at once with little risk of death. Have open world zones with mobs that will kill you even when you are geared with current tier endgame gear if you mess up. Would be as simple as adding say open mobs that are equivalent strength to trash mobs you have in T10 for example before the boss in a say the inner part of a bstmen stronghold. As for travel have some zones without an Aetherite in them where we actually have to travel to them. Sure instant travel saves time but it also remove the feeling of a world.
    I also agree on the increasement of beasthold strongholds. They look more like a tiny encampment from them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jinko Jinko
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    I wouldn't go expecting too much in terms of a change in zone size and lack of hubs.

The game is very quest driven they aren't just going to change that just because of an expansion, not to mention the level cap will be increased so there will be a plethora of new quests to do.

Floating landmasses sounds awesome though, especially if we end up with a zone like SKY from FF11.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast