Player
    Character
    Kaedrian Kaeng
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobi View Post
    i'm curious how many commendations many of these people have...
    2231. Joined 2.0 after the January 2014 f2p weekend.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Erabith
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KaedrianLiang View Post
    2231. Joined 2.0 after the January 2014 f2p weekend.
    I see you've obviously done many, many instances so I guess statistically you are going to come across some bad eggs. But this really comes down to the vibe you lay down when you get in, constructive criticism is great and all but the delivery is important. Think about what you want to say and how it might make you feel if someone said it to you, if it sounds douche-y it probably is.
    (2)
    Just your friendly neighborhood elezen

Player
    Character
    Diantha Sunstone
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I can't understand why it's so hard to say hello and make inane banter with party members in a game built upon the idea of socially interacting with other live players.

I have never once been vote kicked. If I have to leave dungeons or need to AFK for a minute to use the restroom or something, I let my party know. I only offer tips after I've asked them if they want some. DO YOUR JOB AND LET THE OTHERS DO THEIRS. Seriously, the entire concept of DPS pulling stuff to hurry up dungeons just sounds incredibly rude and stressful for a team's tank and healer. Don't do it!

I think the only time I've vote-kicked is someone going AFK of DC'ing for more than 5 minutes and the recent scourge of annoying players that just camp the start of World of Darkness to roll on chests. The first one can be accidental, the second is more than worthy of a kick.

It really is all a case of, "Don't be a jerk, and you won't have to deal with as many."
    And just say Hello!
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Nephera Habasi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    The only time I was votekicked unjustly was when i suggested that we kick afk dead healer in WOD and someone started the kick vote on -me-. the the other healer in my group that wasnt afk either. then they pulled with 3/6 healers (fc member was still in the instance).

hilarious, probably partially accidental (maybe the afk healer's fc mates were in my party who knows).

Still i don't doubt actual serious abuse of the feature happens.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Erin Grey
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Non-dungeon related chit chat should not be a necessity, and a lack of it should never contribute to reasoning behind using the vote kick feature, nor should an excessive amount of it help prevent someone from being kicked. Doing so is abusing it. Dungeons are dungeons first, social meetups second. I'm not much of a talkative person sometimes, and the idea that I'm being watched, judged, singled out, and possibly being made more likely to be kicked simply because I'm not chatting a lot with people about whatever random topic is not good.

I've witnessed disagreements between 2 talkative people and a quiet "outsider". You know who has the vote advantage then if the two talkative people deem the other person kickworthy, even if unfairly? The talkative people. Even if I vote no, they get kicked because they have no say in the matter.

I witnessed this exact thing just a few days ago. 2 non stop talking dps queued for the wrong dungeon, the healer refused to kick them because he needed to complete it. Halfway through, they started a kick on him. I voted no, he got kicked, I was pretty sure I was next, so I left. Good thing it was in progress and I didn't have to stay and let them kick me.
    (2)
    Last edited by Adire; 03-01-2015 at 05:16 PM.

Player
    Character
    Darkobra Kage
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    OP didn't say anything that would be considered harassment
    That you know of. Of course he's lying and cherry picking. You think he's going to tell you the part he kept at it for a solid 5 minutes swearing blindly? Or the part he went AFK until the dungeon went his way?

You have no way of knowing what goes on in that dungeon. And I'll tell you something. This wasn't a one-off with him. It's consistent. Is the problem the rest of the world or is it him?

Think on that one.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Milmoko Gemoko
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Troll post I suspect, also the only 'baby dungeons' (I assume below lv50) he'd be runing would be ones where he's tank - I took a look on lodestone all his combats are lv50 except the GLD/MRD, so if he's been vote kicked its because he must a really bad tank or an ass.
    Also they'd be no sneeky vote kicking unless there in FC/LS together as /tell is disabled in instances (dungeons, trials etc), cant even /tell friends in open-world and vis versa.

I've been vote kicked once at the end of Stone Vigal NM on my first run, there was literally a minute on the clock and no way to beat final boss (it was an awful first time tanking in there for me I'll admit) so that was a spite kick lol.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Erin Grey
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Milmoko_Gemoko View Post
    so if he's been vote kicked its because he must a really bad tank or an ass.
    Hmm, that's not entirely true. A while back I was in a Halatali NM with a CNJ who kept provoking things off of me and spamming medica to try and hold aggro. I grew tired of it eventually and asked him why he was doing it, he denied doing it, a small argument ensued, and him and his FC buddy kicked me right before the last boss. I really don't understand why the person being kicked isn't automatically counted as a "No" vote. Having it that way would allow the person being kicked and the 3rd, possibly unbiased person to have a say.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Amateru Yamatano
    World
    Atomos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Personally i've only used the vote to kick feature for players that are:
    A. offline
    B. AFK for an extended period of time without saying anything (example missing a boss, missing 5 pulls, death because of the absence of a player)
    C. Discrimination in the form of IRL race, nation and creed, even if its not directed at anyone in the party. (example, this really did happen: "all you americans think you're right with your speed runs." "buddy not a single one of us is from the US, but we are going to kick you anyways for your belligerence.")
    D. Obvious trolling (example: causing a wipe and demonstrating pride in it)

I have been kicked for:
    A. Not talking or replying to idle chit chat within the party. There are days where i don't feel like chatting in a DF.
    B. Killing adds instead of focusing the previous boss that was cleared in the 1st attempt.
    C. Not killing adds and focusing boss in the previous boss that cleared in the 1st attempt.
    D. Having the minimum entry requirements to a Duty. This was when i first started playing 2.0. This was not a PF party. Maiden run through relic reborn quest trials. "kick that smn" "what? why?" "your gear sucks" "you have been dismissed from duty"
    E. watching cutscenes, without being prompt to skip cutscenes. This was during my maiden run through praetorium.
    F. No reason at all, maybe they wanted to get their friend in for the last boss kill.
    G. Kicked for giving genuine tips for <class> for <specified duty>, because said player(s) said they were first time to the duty or first time doing the specified duty as that job. Before being kicked they stated that it came off as "we dont like being told what to do."
    H. Players in a random DF que just happen to be from the same server and were very vocal about how they don't like someone in my FC, i chose to ignore his comments and not reply. Failed Logic: You are in the same FC as someone i dont like, therefore i hate you too. You aren't even replying to my harassment of you and your FC, you think you are better than me? /kick
    I. Not pulling multiple groups at a time when playing as the tank. Non-speed run.
    J. Pulling multiple groups at a time when playing as the Tank. Speed Run.
    K Using a strategy that i knew and worked effectively if not better than what others were accustom to.
    L. Not adding dps as a healer.
    M. Adding dps as a healer.
    N. Not using cleric stance when adding dps as a healer. level sync duty. Only had 2 slots as a sch for additional skills/spells. I chose protect and presence of mind.
    O. Spamming aoe heal's during during Garuda HM as to attract the sister aggro, solo heal 3 runs in no deaths. under 3 minute clears. Must have hurt the 2nd tank's pride, even though i stated "OT focus garuda plz"
    P. Dismounting in Frontlines to heal an ally in another party that's about to be killed, a party member was mumbling about me not being with the party as if i were AFK or intentionally being disruptive.
    Q. As a BLM, using varying Thunder I, II, III, to suit the moment. "Why aren't you using Thunder III all the time?" thats like asking why arent you using fire III all the time?
    R. There's more but this is getting long.

Majority of players are illogical in both play and life. The Vote to kick feature is being abused more than its legitimately benefiting anyone. Voting is not a right, its a responsibility.
    I just love your post! One of the jewels in this forum with good reasoning. Please write more like this!

I was too vote kicked few times as a tank. As for now any reason is a good reason, so its not important why.
    Above not really liking vote kick at all, which I too think is used for abusing a lot, I don't like the way you get to know you got kicked - black loading screen out of the blue and you're in where you came from.

Also as far as I know it is NOT majority voting while in 4 players dungeon! You are being kicked by 2 players! Which is a half party vote! It does not include you, who do not want to be kicked. In normal voting practices you can vote for yourself! Then it could be a draw in Duty Finder kick!

I would propose an option to vote for yourself! Then it will be more fair! And while adding that we need to know who initiated the kick vote, so then maybe the vote initializer will be fairly kicked by the majority. Additional merit to this kind of a system would be not being kicked by showing out of the blue loading screen but actually know that a voting has started.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kaedrian Kaeng
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobi View Post
    I see you've obviously done many, many instances so I guess statistically you are going to come across some bad eggs. But this really comes down to the vibe you lay down when you get in, constructive criticism is great and all but the delivery is important. Think about what you want to say and how it might make you feel if someone said it to you, if it sounds douche-y it probably is.
    ok so i set a silent, but competent player vibe, my actions are seen as kick'able because someone's own opinion out weighs my logical actions for any given moment? Go back afew posts and read the list i made on the grounds ive been kicked.

It's not about being pleasant or a douche. Others use the vote to kick system based off merits that do not apply the need to resort to vote to kick.

I have been kicked for:
    A. Not talking or replying to idle chit chat within the party. There are days where i don't feel like chatting in a DF.
    B. Killing adds instead of focusing the previous boss that was cleared in the 1st attempt.
    C. Not killing adds and focusing boss in the previous boss that cleared in the 1st attempt.
    D. Having the minimum entry requirements to a Duty. This was when i first started playing 2.0. This was not a PF party. Maiden run through relic reborn quest trials. "kick that smn" "what? why?" "your gear sucks" "you have been dismissed from duty"
    E. watching cutscenes, without being prompt to skip cutscenes. This was during my maiden run through praetorium.
    F. No reason at all, maybe they wanted to get their friend in for the last boss kill.
    G. Kicked for giving genuine tips for <class> for <specified duty>, because said player(s) said they were first time to the duty or first time doing the specified duty as that job. Before being kicked they stated that it came off as "we dont like being told what to do."
    H. Players in a random DF que just happen to be from the same server and were very vocal about how they don't like someone in my FC, i chose to ignore his comments and not reply. Failed Logic: You are in the same FC as someone i dont like, therefore i hate you too. You aren't even replying to my harassment of you and your FC, you think you are better than me? /kick
    I. Not pulling multiple groups at a time when playing as the tank. Non-speed run.
    J. Pulling multiple groups at a time when playing as the Tank. Speed Run.
    K Using a strategy that i knew and worked effectively if not better than what others were accustom to.
    L. Not adding dps as a healer.
    M. Adding dps as a healer.
    N. Not using cleric stance when adding dps as a healer. level sync duty. Only had 2 slots as a sch for additional skills/spells. I chose protect and presence of mind.
    O. Spamming aoe heal's during during Garuda HM as to attract the sister aggro, solo heal 3 runs in no deaths. under 3 minute clears. Must have hurt the 2nd tank's pride, even though i stated "OT focus garuda plz"
    P. Dismounting in Frontlines to heal an ally in another party that's about to be killed, a party member was mumbling about me not being with the party as if i were AFK or intentionally being disruptive.
    Q. As a BLM, using varying Thunder I, II, III, to suit the moment. "Why aren't you using Thunder III all the time?" thats like asking why arent you using fire III all the time?
    R. There's more but this is getting long.

Majority of players are illogical in both play and life. The Vote to kick feature is being abused more than its legitimately benefiting anyone. Voting is not a right, its a responsibility.
    So lets take this from your perspective when you opened the thresh hold when you mentioned the relationship between commendations a player recieved and their rants against vote kick abuse.

Now i can tell you this i have not been kicked by 2231 players. I've been kicked maybe somewhere under 30 times, so lets say at least 3 players voted against me each time. So that leaves 90 players unsatisified enough/trolly enough to vote kick me for my play style. While atleast 2231 players approve of my play style.
    (2)
    Last edited by KaedrianLiang; 03-01-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast