Player
    Character
    Shuu Naranol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

Those GATEs...

So, I'm not sure what to think of the GATEs. Typhon is nothing but a lottery (I thought we have the jumbo cactpot for that anyway) - yet, if one can't survive until the end, they just forfeited 50 MGP. Same goes for the dancing one - if one can't copy everything, they just forfeited 50MGP. I mean, what even is the point of any progression tracker in the duty list, if the whole thing is just "all or nothing" anyway? With the GS item prices vs the entry fees and the rewards, this is rather unmotivating. Please adjust all GATEs so that they reward partial successes accordingly.
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Haway Castler
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Just to point out: the dancing GATE doesn't require you to successfully copy all 16 moves. You only need to get 10 correct out of a possible 16 to beat it.

I know because I managed 15/16 last night and gained 480 MGP from it.
    (3)

Character
    Indaki Sativa
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Haway View Post
    Just to point out: the dancing GATE doesn't require you to successfully copy all 16 moves. You only need to get 10 correct out of a possible 16 to beat it.

Same, I got 15/16 and got 480MGP also.

It might help you out a bit on the dancing one OP, to use that 1min of time they give you before the match starts to actually do all of the emotes on your bar to see what you look like doing them, then finding your matching race on the platform. The animations are identical and makes it much easier to know what moves they are doing as opposed to just guessing.

Most of them are admittedly easy, but for Elezen the animations for Upset and Cry are extremely similar. Like I think the only difference in Cry is he wipes his eye lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fawkes Macleod
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    The vase GATE is the worst GATE. I don't even bother trying it anymore.

The rewards for the cliffhanger and skinchange ones could be higher, since the dancing one is the easiest and most forgiving and yet it gives more.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lucke Arrayo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    The vase GATE is the worst GATE. I don't even bother trying it anymore.

The rewards for the cliffhanger and skinchange ones could be higher, since the dancing one is the easiest and most forgiving and yet it gives more.
    The Vase gate is embarrasingly easy. Just memorize the NPCs patrol, and stay right behind them so when they turn around, you can run to the turn-in NPC without being seen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lethallin Ari
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 62
    The Typhon one is 1600 if you win. Just pick and spot that's not on the outside edge of the platform and cross your fingers. I'm okay with that one.

The dancing one only needs 10/16. Type the 4 emotes you see the NPCs doing in order in your chatbox, then do them all, and delete and get ready for the next set. You have to do barely better then 50% of them to get full credit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eros Maxima
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    50 MGP is not a big deal and you can always not do Typhon. Give me 2min with any mini game except the basketball one and I guarantee I will earn at least 70MGP (profit), if not more than that. The NPC informs you of what you're in for when you talk to them, if you want to avoid it because of the RNG. Partial reward would be nice, but it's honestly not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Haway View Post

14/16 last night for me. Not sure if 10 really is the minimum... I coulda swore I've failed once with a little more than that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Welsper59; 02-28-2015 at 09:07 AM.