Player
    Character
    Sirius Dogstar
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Moogle Companions

I wonder what else Yoshi-P has planned for Moogles in 2.0, especially after seeing the most recent conceptual images of them? Either way this game needs more Moogles.

*Update: Moogles will deliver our mail via MogNet and have more of a presence post 2.0, so we're on the right track. Thanks Yoshi!

**Disclaimer: I don't expect ALL of my ideas to be accepted. Consider these suggestions more of a shotgun blast of ideas where some will hit, and some will miss, the target. Target = YoshiP

My suggestion: At the dawn of the new age, Moogles come flocking out of the woodwork to aid adventurers in our struggle. They allow themselves to be seen by all and become a huge part of everyday life to the extent that they pair up with adventurers as companions.

Each adventurer would have the option to partner up, customize, and raise their own Moogle at around level 20. They would appear visually similar to current Moogle designs, hovering over our shoulder wherever we go (think: PSO Mags). We would have the option of taking them with us in the field, having them fight alongside us in solo mode as with chocobo companions, or dismissing them to tend to our (future) homes. All modes would allow for growth and interaction, benefiting both the player and the Moogle in various and ways.

They would be spec'd into various types to help expand class abilities. They would be our constant primal connection to Eorzea, our first true friend & companion, our constant tutorial guides (from beginner to endgame) whenever there is a need, and Social Networking Hub via UI Moogle Tab (not to replace linkshells); more in the sense of a mail/trading/sharing system (i.e. giving items to your Moogle to send to your retainer, or to your home or public storage for your LS/Free Company mates to use); being the ultimate assistant/sidekick so you can focus on questing and missions.

Moogles share Eorzea's lore with us as soon as we enter Eorzea and give us a rundown on the situation with the Empire; as well as with certain NPC's. They are our personal informers complete with their own opinions about certain people/questgivers/NPC's (would be great to choose a dominant moogle characteristic like Gentle, Tough, Serious, Jokester to affect how he interacts). Since they were in Eorzea long before us, they know the ins and outs of every nook and cranny of the land, and as a magic race they know what the future holds for the upcoming changes, thus giving us the vibe that they always know something you don't. In Essence, they are an external representation of your own thoughts and internal struggle, often extracting truth and veritable bits of information that aid you in your wanderings. Moogles are Eorzea's designated guardian angel to you, the Adventurer; akin to Link's Fairy, Vampire Hunter D's Left Hand, Guts' Puck (manga), Kirk's Spock, Han Solo's Chewbacca, Frodo's Sam, you get the idea.

Nobody would know you better than your Moogle. So much so that it would speak to you in a way that reads off your play style. If your a fighter that loves to grind away at enemies to get ahead, or a crafter that loves making money, or a hunter that loves attaining the best gear; these learned attributes could be conveyed in conversation with your Moogle. So you would each have your own personalities making for some unique dialogue. This would probably be an epic scripting process for SE to implement, but its worth mentioning.

TL;DR Bullet Point Ideas:
    • Moogles handle all in-game tutorials interactively throughout the entirety of your journey, from introducing you to basic systems to learning newly acquired jobs (all tutorials can be replayed from the menu).
    • Moogles act as a main link to the story as your closest companions, helping you interpret the story via their Moogle wisdom, as well as keeping you up to date on what you last accomplished and what should come next. Moogles hold onto and help organize your Journal, from which cutscenes can be replayed. If you forget what happened last in the story, your Moogle will be happy to remind you.
    • Moogles lend their hand in solo battle as buffers, debuffers, casters, crowd-control, or healers. They will fall into the same buddy system as Chocobos in party formation.
    • Moogles connect you with AH type abilities, allowing you to search (not buy) items, check what has sold, etc from wherever you are.
    • Moogles handle all retainer duties from anywhere in the field, so you can carry out retainer commands from the field with your moogle as the go-between.
    • Moogles handle all mail transactions from anywhere in the field (Moogle Mail Service). This can be done via your own Moogle, or Moogle npc.
    • Moogle knows best. They learn your play style and act based on your play style in both dialogue and actions. They could even learn to remind you about things you like to do in case you forget. (i.e. "Your auction items have sold" or "Kupo, you got Moogle Mail!" or "Would you like to run another dungeon? Your timer has reset!"
    • Moogles can lead us to or point out hidden chests and steal gil from humanoid mobs while summoned in the field.
    • Moogles could lead DOL's to secret harvest spots. Higher level gatherers could set their (dismissed) Moogles to auto-harvest what has grown around your home, even while logged out. The more you have him harvest, the better he will get at harvesting them at just the right time (aka the better chances he will harvest HQ items).
    • Moogles could help DOH's for special magick-infused crafts to create elemental-enchanted items. Higher level crafters could set their (dismissed) Moogles to auto-craft lower-level items/parts where xp is no longer possible, even while logged out (as long as you have the ingredients in storage), alleviating boredom while keeping low-level items pumping through the economy for new players.
    • When dismissed, Moogles would tend to your home, watering plants and slowly repairing stored items. If you leave special plant food in storage he will use it to help boost your plant to epic proportions! Better yet, leaving certain odd/rare/secret/seasonal items in your storage may prompt your Moogle to use it to make various changes or additions to your home while your away. The devs could really implement many secret recipes for your Moogle that can only be discovered by chance or word of mouth. If you live in shared Free Company housing, dismissed Moogles could interact with each other in interesting ways.
    • Moogles can be customized into various types: specs, personalities, colors, pom-pom type and can be equipped with Moogle-specific gear (visual only or stat driven?).
    • New Moogle emotes would be added.
    • Moogles tend to break the 4th wall from time to time (a Final Fantasy staple of Moogle behavior).

**There may be conflicts with lore and implementation. Please share your opinions and/or ideas.

As for the already planned Chocobo companion conflict. I could easily envision SE making both raising Chocobos and Moogle companions side by side plausible (which would also give players more options), using totally different raising methods. Chocobos being more of a pet that you would train to ride, fight, and race; and Moogles being more of a hovering sidekick that would level up along with you involved in more than just battles, like crafting and gathering. Plus, in battle, having both a chocobo and moogle fighting with you in a solo party would be pretty epic. Your moogle could even mount your chocobo in battle and their powers would combine Dragonball Z style.

(45)
    Last edited by Zaireeka2025; 09-06-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sirius Dogstar
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Major revisions done to OP. Bump.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I like this idea so much.
    Nice sig, btw.
    (3)
    Last edited by Bowen; 01-31-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Just realized a spelling error two years later.

Player
    Character
    Sirius Dogstar
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Thanks Bowen. I'm a self-proclaimed Moogle advocate of sorts. My suggestions have ranged all over the map and have been a bit off the wall, but I believe this idea to fit best with the current lore and direction of the game whilst not being too much for the dev team to implement given what's still lacking in the game.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Luca Abbot
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I would love to have a little Moogle BLM floating around me and Nuking mobs.
    They are just so adorable.
    (2)
    Last edited by Bowen; 01-31-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: >_>

Player
    Character
    Sirius Dogstar
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd love a Moogle Bard buffing me with his wicked tunes. And if I was a bard myself, we'd officially be a band!
    (3)

Player

I want this.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yui Fujimori
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    That's a great idea.
    I would love to see that on Final Fantasy XIV.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Etsy Dreamcatcher
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    support! /10char
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tumblr Witchhunt
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Totally supporting this! It would be so much fun to see Moogles everywhere helping the players out. /cheer
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast