Player
    Character
    Jessica Atreides
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50

Can't access Sylph Beast Quests

Ever since the latest update I haven't been able to access my Sylph Beast Dailies. Every time I check they are always locked and I've tripled checked that I don't have any open so I'm just not sure what is going on. It is also frustrating because I've now lost all this time in gaining reputation with them. I should have inquired sooner but I figured it would resolve itself eventually.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAtreides View Post
    Ever since the latest update I haven't been able to access my Sylph Beast Dailies. Every time I check they are always locked and I've tripled checked that I don't have any open so I'm just not sure what is going on. It is also frustrating because I've now lost all this time in gaining reputation with them. I should have inquired sooner but I figured it would resolve itself eventually.
    The main journal is not where you should be checking, but that is only a side point.

If you have ANY beastman dailies open at ANY tribe, even a single quest, it will lock out your ability to get more allowances the next day.

If there is even a chance that you forgot to complete one, be it one task left to do, or merely need to talk to the npc with the check over their head, you HAVE to do that first before more will unlock.

Humor me. Go to the tribes in person and check with the applicable npcs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neuflune Mochiko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Check your journal (J) and see if you have any beast tribe quests, from any tribe. You should either abandon or complete them to refresh the daily allowance of beast tribe quests (6).

There is a known bug (I think with the Ixal tribe) that causes one of their quests to be "hidden". I forgot exactly how people worked around it... I think by talking to the quest NPCs again?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stouter Taru
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    You also need to be on a DoW/DoM job to accept them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jessica Atreides
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Okay, so I have no open beast dailies with any tribes open.

I am only currently doing Sylphs and Kobolds. So, I feel that minimizes the confusion.

I was also having an issue with the Kobolds where it would only allow me to do one quest a day (all 3 would all be yellow, then after selecting one, the rest would go red and lock) but that cleared itself up and have been able to carry on no problem.

I double checked today if anywhere any were open but again I don't see anything.

Anyway - nothing in my journal, talking to NPCs did nothing.. I have my Summoner equipped when trying to get them..

Something to note that one time when I was running in the East Shroud my screen glitched out where I "fell" into the ground... like I was below it could see the roots of the trees.. I will post the screen shot later.. I couldn't move and had to reset the game. I generally feel that not accessing these beast dailies isn't because I'm over looking something but actually something wrong.

Wait.. or are you saying I can only do one tribe a day?
    (0)
    Last edited by JessicaAtreides; 02-19-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Player
    Character
    Drei Rael
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    You have only 6 allowances every day and this resets always at the same time. (this is because you've unlocked more than 1 tribe) You can also complete the taken quests after reset and after turning in you'll receive that days next 6 allowances.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Neuflune Mochiko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    That East Shroud glitch happens to me too, and in Limsa Lominsa as well (I fall to the sea around the Fisher's Guild). Probably the graphics rendering not being able to catch up to your character positioning.

You have 6 quest allowances every day which can be used in any combination for any beast tribe (e.g. 4 from Sylph, 2 from Kobold OR 3 Sylph + 3 Kobold, etc)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaAtreides View Post
    I am only currently doing Sylphs and Kobolds. So, I feel that minimizes the confusion.
    I bet all of your problems lie at the Kobold instance.

Go back to the NPC that lets you into the alternate section of U'Ghamaro Mines [next to the normal entrance at Outer La Noscea (23,11)], and see if he will let you enter.

If he does, then you have unfinished business there.

Finish it and get back to us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Duuude007; 02-19-2015 at 08:00 PM.