Player
    Character
    Brynhilda Skyforge
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90

First ever gay couple NPC's

OMG it was so cute, the miqo'te was soooo good looking but the other one, meeeh, I'm happy those two love each other so openly to random adventurers ;P

LOVE KNOWS NO GENDER!
    (19)
    When you see someones glamour with non matching boots

Character
    Almeida Mizarea
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Thank you Tumblr, but there was a pair of lesbian Miqo'te in the spring outside Forgotten Springs in that quest when you shoo away the men.

World: Balmung
    Why am I not surprised at all?
    (27)

Player
    Character
    Yoso Carrasco
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 74
    The chick dressed as 1.0 Minfillia for the Rising event was a lesbian as well.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    W'fharl Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Before people continue dragging out every single example of gay/bi female NPCs lying around Eorzea, I think it's worth pointing out that this is the first time in the entire game we've seen men portrayed as openly homosexual. Lesbians are, no offense intended, the "okay" sort of homosexual as far as the "straight male" demographic is concerned. Having homosexual men appear is deliberately going beyond that acceptable norm. Which is great, especially for a Japanese game.

Also a gay man here, but I appreciated the thought. I also appreciate that they didn't overstay their welcome as easily as they could have. It's cute, and it happened, and it's done.

I was honestly happier to see that those two guys I have to watch "die" at the start of every WP run not only survived, but got so much growth and happiness out of it. I hate not being able to save everyone.
    (32)

Player
    Character
    Vespereaux Vaillantes
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenral View Post
    I was honestly happier to see that those two guys I have to watch "die" at the start of every WP run not only survived, but got so much growth and happiness out of it. I hate not being able to save everyone.
    That was really nice, actually making them characters with a story instead of just those chumps that got taken down in WP.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Kaelah Tae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie_Pie View Post

LOVE KNOWS NO GENDER!
    I honestly would think the Miqo'te would go well with another Miqo'te or at LEAST a Elezen but a Hyur, eww. Bad combo.
    So love knows know gender but it must know race? (Well as long as it's not Hyur?) Teehee.
    It's like you tried to make a topic about how you arn't prejudice against gays yet you are against race. @_@ Why does it matter what race they are. Or how good looking either of them are, we arn't all shallow you know. :3
    (10)
    Last edited by Kaelah; 02-14-2015 at 11:35 PM.

~Quit moping, get hoping~

Player
    Character
    Famine Cruor
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenral View Post
    Before people continue dragging out every single example of gay/bi female NPCs lying around Eorzea, I think it's worth pointing out that this is the first time in the entire game we've seen men portrayed as openly homosexual. Lesbians are, no offense intended, the "okay" sort of homosexual as far as the "straight male" demographic is concerned. Having homosexual men appear is deliberately going beyond that acceptable norm. Which is great, especially for a Japanese game.

Also a gay man here, but I appreciated the thought. I also appreciate that they didn't overstay their welcome as easily as they could have. It's cute, and it happened, and it's done.

Japanese culture is actually very accepting of male homosexuality. You'll find that it's lesbianism that is treated disdainfully over there. "You're a woman who likes other women? That's cute and all, but when are you going to get a husband?"
    (0)
    Last edited by Galgarion; 02-15-2015 at 09:57 PM.

Player
    Character
    W'fharl Tia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Galgarion View Post
    Japanese culture is actually very accepting of male homosexuality. You'll find that it's lesbianism that is treated disdainfully over there. "You're a woman who likes other women? That's cute and all, but when are you going to get a husband?"
    Oh, I know. Ikuhara's latest series is about exactly that, and it's been an emotional roller coaster so far. As I clarified before, I meant in media, which is still dominated pretty heavily by straight men.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lady Aceous
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 50
    THAT'S RACIST!!

I kid I kid
    (0)
    Last edited by Ladyaceous; 02-14-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Player
    Character
    Krosa Kaine
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Is seeing gay people in video games a new unicorn or something?
    What's with all the excitement? yes, we know you exist, you're people, etc.

you know what I'd get excited for? When people stop throwing politics, agendas and the like in things meant for entertainment and escapism and just play games.
    (30)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast