Player
    Character
    Goji Degotye
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 79
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchandFeel View Post
    I feel that homosexuality should neither be damned nor glorified, it should just simply be accepted. Taking homosexuals and singling them out, for better or worse, creates a division between them and the rest of society instead of helping them to just be a normal part of it.
    Before acceptance, there needs to be visibility, as some people still refuse to believe homosexul couples could even exist in a fantasy setting. Sometimes it requires a bit of shoving down the throat, and with that comes some bad, but without it there would be no good at all.

The way they introduced and used this character was great! Nothing wrong with some praise for the devs, we see these threads pop up about all kinds of things. I was very happy about it all, nothing else to say.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Yoku Dekimashita
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    I think it's more cute that it's interracial. It's also nice for this to happen because people thought so hard SE was against
    gay couples and stuff with the whole marriage. It's nice nod in that direction to know SE does not have any hate for homosexuality
    and really bent around to make the community happy with "Eternal Bonding." So yeah. We all know homosexuality is a very touchy subject and I see nothing
    wrong for the OP to mention it and all, instead of people hating.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Final Spark
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoralink View Post
    Topics like this just make me want to crawl into a hole and die as a gay man. We get it, companies are actually representing homosexual couples in games.

Stop shoving it in everyone's face. (The players, with topics like these, not the game devs.)
    Can't agree with ya enough :x.
    I mean, yeah it's cool that you guys found a gay couple in the game! Awesome!...but I dunno if it's needed to be announced to everyone.

;_;
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Kinnison Cooke
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I think it's a nice nod to the LGBT community. Does it need to be shoved in everyone's faces, not really. But its existence is nice.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Greinbroes Ganztylsyn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51
    This topic isn't any different from any other "Thank you Dev tem for the hairstyle/hotfix/article of clothing you implemented/whatever."

If TC finds this worthy of celebration, then so be it; I thought it was cute.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Cullen Dionysion
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverharp View Post
    This topic isn't any different from any other "Thank you Dev tem for the hairstyle/hotfix/article of clothing you implemented/whatever."

If TC finds this worthy of celebration, then so be it; I thought it was cute.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    For real, if you don't like it, just move along. Asking people not to shove it in people's faces or acting upset that people care and then subsequently bumping the thread seems counterproductive. Just move along.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kaz Ashura
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    I'm on the side of those who found it to be a nice touch to add an openly gay couple as part of an important quest and not just something secretly in the background.

But I'm surprised the Devs even added them as a couple in the game and even openly as such. I suspect it is the work of our dear Koji Fox at localization who added a little interesting touch to an otherwise bland set of NPCs.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Jeyrr Stenn
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Melriss View Post
    But gay men are so cute *gigglesquee* omfg i want a gay friend so bad lmfao!!! xDDD

Yeah welcome to 2015.

Moving on, the NPCs were a nice touch of background for them and the fact that they struggled to find acceptance from their villages. It's a bit odd that people (in game) were more mad that they were homosexual and not that they were different species or anything - or I may have missed out on some big context since I hardly remember the exact conversation.
    Then you really don't remember much, because it was the other way around. They were chased out of their village for being an interracial couple; I don't think the fact that they were the same sex was even mentioned in that conversation. Aparrently Eorzea treats homosexuality as just a thing, but I remembr the Lore folks saying something about racial hybrids being despised, which would naturally lead to a similar treatment for interracial couples. Includng those who categoracally can't produce offspring, it would appear.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Zora Link
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Parodine View Post
    For real, if you don't like it, just move along. Asking people not to shove it in people's faces or acting upset that people care and then subsequently bumping the thread seems counterproductive. Just move along.
    My overarching point with all of this was that pointing it out enhances the sense of 'other' to a homosexual person. I get it, it's cool that people are okay with it and all... But that's all that needs to happen. The ideal is people not even noticing it in the first place, it's just something that happens. By pointing it out, it's just... making it a 'thing'. People against homosexual people tend to push back because it's more in their face while people who accept it... already accept it.

See also: Touch and Feel's post on the first page.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Brynhilda Skyforge
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HakuroDK View Post
    I think it's a nice nod to the LGBT community. Does it need to be shoved in everyone's faces, not really. But its existence is nice.
    I LIKE IT CAUSE ITS YAOI AND I"M A BIG YAOI FANGIRL, I LOVE GUYxGUY ROMANCES
    (2)
    When you see someones glamour with non matching boots

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast