Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Out of Range!

Anyone else get slightly frustrated about pugilist range issues due to our tiny range coupled with the increased size of mobs?

I have to practically stand inside certain mobs to attack them and this causes some additional issues such as when mobs lunge to attack me; they end up behind me briefly which makes my character turn around and then turn around again when the mob goes back to its normal position, which is kind of disorientating.

Then I have issues with evade counters. When I use my counters I prefer to watch my character and the "evade" text rather than the chatlog. This can be difficult when I'm that close to the mob AND the chatbar help text is constantly taking up half the screen.

For the final little ramble...there's also a problem with hitting moving mobs. Tiny range + mob size + lag = I cannot hit a moving mob. It's annoying when the mob runs from me in a leve with just a sliver of hp left and I'm running right behind it (my face in contact with its fleeing ass) but can't smack it with a flurry. This is more a minor problem since I guess it could be intentional but if it isn't then there's always seismic + throwing.

Rant done! Just wondering if anyone else has same issues since pugilist is my favourite class but these little annoyances can kill my enjoyment sometimes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wevlum; 08-22-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Some spelling errors were annoying me.
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Player
    Character
    Meleena Steelheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 74
    I got this problem with Gnats, they move a lot + they are huge + they are flying + I play with shadows turned off, so its quite hard to determind where theyre sranding but I don't have any problems with grounded enemies.
    (0)

Player

Agreed, and it seems like the range was lowered in 1.18, it could just be my imagination, but it doesn't seem like we have the short lunge distance we had pre 1.18.
    (0)

Player

Definitely agree. I've noticed this a lot, and it's incredibly frustrating to be getting the "out of range" message when my character is inside my target! Would like to see the range adjusted to fix this.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eruantien Draugole
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 70
    I find this the most noticable will birds like condors, when they fly up a bit, you sometimes actually cannot hit them anymore even if standing directly below them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shyd Etine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    It's not just Pugilist with problems.

I've noticed with range attacks and heals aswell. It's kinda discouraging when I'm 4-5 yalms from the mob and because it on an incline im "too far away".

I've stood right next to someone and could not heal them because they where "too far below".

I hope they address this issue, its just plain annoying.
    (1)

Vicious Linkshell
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Shyd View Post
    It's not just Pugilist with problems.

I've noticed with range attacks and heals aswell. It's kinda discouraging when I'm 4-5 yalms from the mob and because it on an incline im "too far away".

I've stood right next to someone and could not heal them because they where "too far below".

I hope they address this issue, its just plain annoying.
    That is due to the poor above below mechanic, all they really should be checking is if there is blocking terrain, and get rid of this stupid mechanic that works horribly on these maps
    (0)

Player

Best advice I can give you is to put your knuckles in your pouch and pull out a spear or bow.
    That usually fixes most combat issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tyler Wevlum
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyomen View Post
    Best advice I can give you is to put your knuckles in your pouch and pull out a spear or bow.
    That usually fixes most combat issues.
    Well it's funny because archer was originally my main and I switched to pug because it wasn't getting auto-attack (after ffxi I'm not doing a non-autoattack rng again).

EDITED; By the way do devs actually check the class forums? I don't think I've seen them reply to one before...
    (0)
    The Ul'duh Inn is like an antique shop...full of crap and always closed.
    "You don't have to say anything, I just look at your life now and work backwards." - Black Books

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Wevlum View Post
    Well it's funny because archer was originally my main and I switched to pug because it wasn't getting auto-attack (after ffxi I'm not doing a non-autoattack rng again).

EDITED; By the way do devs actually check the class forums? I don't think I've seen them reply to one before...
    Only if they have to.
    Try reporting a bug.....
    (0)