Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90

Vampires in Eorzea

No, I didn't find them.(Yet)

This is about wether we want them to be found.

As you may or may not know vampires already appeared in several Final Fantasy games

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire

The list doesn't even count the vampire lady and vampire girl from FFII.
    More importantly the one in Final Fantasy I was actually an important boss in the story.

So there is no reason why Eorzea shouldn't have vampires. But should it have? I don't know. My most compelling aqrgument is basically: I love vampires. So I'll let you all decide.

But why did I bring this up now? Because soon we will venture into Ishgard, a land filled with noble houses led by long lived, stylish and sophisticated nobles. A perfect place for a vampire lord. Maybe even a whole house of vampires. Would they look out of place? Not at all. Especially between House Valentione and whatever house Jandelaine is a part of.

For extra fun we could have vampires join the good guys. Kinda like Vincent, only with an actual vampire. Come to think of it. Aren't we going to get guns as well?

EDIT: After getting feedback from the wonderfull people here I searched for the FFXI versions of vampires:
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/V..._Fantasy_XI%29

Turns out Vampyr are not demons but very very very powerful and scary undead.
    Their most common job? That's right, dark knight.

Oh, by the by, in Final Fantasy Tactics S, where Vampire was a class, it was exclusive to a race of draconic people. Reminds you of anything from Heavensward?

EDIT: MAJOR DEVELOPMENT!!!!!! As you all know the Gold Saucer is finally here with tons of attractions. Most importantly it brings us triple triad. Some of the cards drop from trials or dungeons. The one from Haukke Manor: Succubus. Now this would suggest that Lady Amandine is not a vampire but a Succubus. The problem is, the succubus in FFII and FFIV
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_Lady
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/S...nal_Fantasy_IV)
    Are very clearly vampires. Most likely we won't be sure untill we get clarification from the lore and/or translation team, but it seems we already killed our far share of vampires.

EDIT: The All Saints' Wake event in 2016 finally confirms the existence of Eorzean Vampires. Or at the very least the Eorzeans' belief in vampires. They don't seem to have any relation to succubuses or FFXI Vampyr and dress up as stereotypical movie vampires, like the one in Final Fantasy I.

EDIT: The red mage job story gave us Nightkin who suffer from a sort of blood curse because their ancestor made a pact with a demon queen, and act very much like vampires. So far so good.
    (41)
    Last edited by Balipu; 01-04-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Killa Wildtail
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 75
    I like this idea and I hope they look into it.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I was actually thinking about FF14 Version 1.0 when you said vampire it sounds like the perfect name for a new healer that uses their own health to heal there allies, and they could potentially heal by dealing damage to there enemies.

I do miss the old thaumaturge healer it was unique to the series and since vampires are not a very common job to the final fantasy series it could be unique to FF14. Here is a quick breakdown of some spells they could have.

1.) Sacrifice: Transfers X HP to your target, and provides a healing overtime effect for 25% of the health restored. (6 seconds duration for regen)

2.) Seep: Creates a tether between yourself and 3 nearby friendly targets transferring 10% of your HP per tick.

3.) Drain: Steals some of the enemy HP.

4.) Aspir: Steals some of the enemy MP.

5.) Osmosis: Steals some of the enemy TP.

6.) Bleed: Deals damage overtime, and transforms X amount of damage into HP to all party members within range.

7.) Sap: Deals damage with a potency of X, and transforms X% of the damage into a heal that targets any party member with low HP. (Favors the party member with the lowest HP.)

you get the idea they use MP and there own HP to heal.
    (6)
    Last edited by Brightshadow; 01-31-2015 at 08:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Murah Jhida
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I mean, we do have a dungeon that's a gothic mansion full of succubi kidnapping and feeding off of passerby, and even converting them into misshapen servants...

Granted, they are "voidsent" or "demons" and not literal-undead Vampires, but they fill the same narrative use.

I won't be surprised if we get actual-literal-Vampires now that there are undoubtedly going to be quite a few new enemy models in 3.0.
    (5)
    video games are bad

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshadow View Post
    I was actually thinking about FF14 Version 1.0 when you said vampire it sounds like the perfect name for a new healer that uses their own health to heal there allies, and they could potentially heal by dealing damage to there enemies.
    Well as the link shows there was a vampire job in Final Fantasy tactics S and Vampire was an ability AND a status in advance.

We have dragons, we have ninjas, we even have a dragon ninja. Only the vampires are missing from the awesome fantasy thing checklist.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Slappah Lol
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Wait who's the dragon ninja
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappah View Post
    Wait who's the dragon ninja
    Yugiri. Tecnically she is an Au Ra ninja, but Au Ra are basically human looking dragons as far as anyone's concerned.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Slappah Lol
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Balipu View Post
    Yugiri. Tecnically she is an Au Ra ninja, but Au Ra are basically human looking dragons as far as anyone's concerned.
    Right, right.

I was thinking more...big dragon...but as a ninja

>.>
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappah View Post
    Right, right.

I was thinking more...big dragon...but as a ninja

>.>
    Well Heavensward will focus on dragons, so we can hope. Give it vampire fangs and we are all set to battle the lycantropic robot pirates.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Didn't you take notice of the storyline for Haukke Manor? Lady Amendine had virtually became a vampire after making a shady deal with the Void/Ascians (or at least, she was a thinly-veiled Madame Bathoy copy in that she was drinking blood from her maidservants in an attempt to regain her beauty) - although she looked more like a succubus, the connection was clear.

FFXI also has vampire enemies, although they were a special genus of undead who only appeared as a boss monster (which curiously was absent from that FF Wiki list), so it's like ARR will also feature a similar family of enemies to fight. All we need is a whip class in the game to compliment it.
    (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast