Player
    Character
    Dim Sum
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Returning player, whats a good West Coast server?

Hey everyone,

Returning player here after taking almost a 6 month hiatus. My server is pretty slow right now so i was thinking of transferring servers and wanted to get some recommendations. Im looking for a server that has alot of west coast players on the PST timezone, preferrably one of the more populated servers for lvl 50 content and playing the market. Also one that is friendly and doesnt have too many bots/a**hats would be awesome!

Any recommendations?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doctor Pepper
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 70
    Cactuar has a pretty decent mix, I'm PST myself and rarely have an issue finding people between about 4PM-11PM. It gets a bit slow after that in PF but generally that's a good time to do some DF content with your FC.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    All US and EU servers are in the same physical location so there's no latency advantages. So the EU/US separation is really just for timezones.

Beyond that, there aren't really any West Coast servers; none offer particular advantage for TZs within the US. Pick any that're marked NA and have fun!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    If you want a house stay off of Excalibur and Balmung. They have no lots left.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ganth Fyrion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Physically, the NA & EU servers are in the same timezone and location. If you switch the time to display the server time, it'll be around GMT (which is 8 hours ahead of PST). So it doesn't really matter which server you make a character and play on.

I play on Behemoth and Leviathan. The only times that activity seems to slow down is around 2 am, PST.
    (0)
    I LIKE the fence. I get 2 groups to laugh at then.

Player
    Character
    Yoongi Mio
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Yeah, unfortunately no matter which server you end up going to, if it's an NA one, it tends to go dead around 1am-2am.

I also don't know many people on Cactuar who are west coasters. A LOT of the people I've met tend to be from the midwest or mountain time zone area. My FC was once 80% Minnesotans, leaving me the lone Californian. :/
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legadin Leafrunner
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    I'm on Behemoth. On weekdays before noon things are fairly quiet (still no issue doing raids and dungeons, just not quite so packed and whatever FC you're in may not have a LOT of people online at once). Later though it gets very active and sometimes has a small queue to log on. On the weekends you are almost certain to have a queue of 10 or 20 people to log on.

Basically, it's a busy server but not so busy that character creation is often closed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nozomi Kay
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    I play really late during the night and I live in Alaska and there is a noticeable dead spot from midnight to 5am or so on Sargatanas. BUT, I've met a ton of peole that live in California.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chen Kotomi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    I actually have my static complaining that it's hard to find ESTers on Adamantoise, and we're fairly low pop. I mean, I definitely don't have any complaints (except that there are very few 4-star crafters :P )
    (0)