Character
    Sa'niquel Amrita
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90

No clothing or Accessories for Valentiones

Oh my...

Now the barding is fun, and I am sure the garden statue will be lovely...

But no new items for ourselves?

To Compare: - 2015 - and - 2014 -

The Christmas event gave so much that I was really hoping to see that generosity continue through more events

I really liked the Maid dresses/shoes and stockings from last years event, I was hoping deep inside to see a nice little maid headband this year >w<

Looking at the barding it seems like a Queen of Hearts theme, how nice it would have been to have the king and queen of hearts clothing! Some nice little crowns for both genders ^^

I know its far too late to do anything about it now... but it is unfortunate and I thought it merited talking about ;_;

Edit:
    Sorry sorry let me clarify I was not talking about the cash shop at all ^^ Just about the lack of new clothing and suggestions
    (26)
    Last edited by Niqote; 01-31-2015 at 11:11 PM.

Masamune ♡ SGD ♡ Australia
    My DA / FFXIV SS Glamours - http://tinyurl.com/mvmdebr

Player
    Character
    High Quality
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Feel free to buy them in the cash shop This is what I feared would happen with seasonal events, we'll be asked to purchase some of the glamour now.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Tule Lycoris
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    Someone pointed thus out on reddit. This event is on the heels of Easter and little ladies day. Last year we got clothes for valentines. But no barding. So it could be reverse this year. And we get clothes for Easter or ladies day and a minion on whichever is left over.
    (15)

Player
    Character
    God Almighty
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    This is an absolute crap cash grab. They even used the outfits in the advertisement this year to peak peoples interest in them.

Hey look at this really nice seasonal thing that goes really well with this time of year. Would you like an alternative? Something different? That's too bad. Yoink. $$$$$.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Valia Rosa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 71
    I was actually considering starting a thread about this (sort of). It really looks like there's a disconnect between Yoshi and the players. Past couple events have had lots of housing items as rewards and not much else. So few have housing, so this seems like a useless event. :/ It's almost like they expected everyone to have housing, somehow, this year and planned the seasonal events for that. ><
    (17)
    Last edited by Sadana; 01-31-2015 at 01:07 AM.

Player
    Character
    Derek Hale
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    DAT BARDING OMFG I'M IN LOVE.
    (4)
    Did you see my badge? I'm a professional!

Player
    Character
    Aerik Tirel
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Tule View Post
    Someone pointed thus out on reddit. This event is on the heels of Easter and little ladies day. Last year we got clothes for valentines. But no barding. So it could be reverse this year. And we get clothes for Easter or ladies day and a minion on whichever is left over.
    I was going to say, last year Valentione's had clothing but no Barding. Hatchingtide had Barding but only Egg caps, and Little Ladies Day only had a minion.

I think it's going to be switched this year: Barding for Valentione's, Minion for Hatchingtide, Clothing for Little Ladies Day.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Shuu Naranol
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Ok, OP beat me to this. I just saw the event page, and... definitely less than impressed. Not only with this year's reward items - granted, they almost don't exist, which is disappointing in itself. (If it's giving so much work for the dev team, heck I won't be complaining if there's no V-day event at all, pretty much hate the whole thing anyway.)

But consider this: last year, the girls got an outfit, what the boys got was pretty much a CUL AF with the appropriate seasonal dye. And even those are now put in the cash shop for anyone and their cousin to just buy - that in itself rubs me the wrong way. Sure, we're a year later, but knowing this is how it's gonna work from now on (very much hope it won't, but yeah, experiences), it's like - "why even bother?" Even if I personally am not touching the cash shop with a 10ft pole, there's just no point in doing anything if no reward is gonna be unique/exclusive next year. They could just put every new (or "new") item in there right away and be done with it, we'll just pretend we have seasonal events - less work for the writers/programmes as well.

Not getting good vibes from this trend at all. They only get worse with every such event/move too.

FOR HYDAELYN'S SAKE REMOVE THIS DAMN STUPID CHARACTER LIMIT ALREADY!!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Chen Kotomi
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadana View Post
    I was actually considering starting a thread about this (sort of). It really looks like there's a disconnect between Yoshi and the players. Past couple events have had lost of housing items as rewards and not much else. So few have housing, so this seems like a useless event. :/ It's almost like they expected everyone to have housing, somehow, this year and planned the seasonal events for that. ><
    It's because housing items are a lot simpler to make than a whole new wardrobe or minions, and there IS call for them.
    I don't think you remember the near-uproar there was when it looked like for a brief time that the christmas trees weren't going to be part of the christmas event.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Cloe Delisle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 60
    While I am also rather disappointed in the Valentione's rewards this year,

As a professional game developer myself, when I considering the amount of content being developed in parallel for the Gold Saucer, Before the Fall (Part II) and Heavensward, I understand that seasonal events are probably the first thing that fall under the radar. We're getting something new, which is better than nothing!

The only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the outfit. If (and that remains to be seen) it's only available through the CashShop, and not from vendors during the event, then I feel they're going a bit too far there...
    (I have it already, so the problem lies in the fact that I won't be able to get it. It's for all those people who recently joined, are going to see the event, with no way other than cash shop to get the oufit...)
    (10)
    SWAGGER Free Company, Sargatanas Server, Officer Cloe Delisle. Visit us at: http://www.swaggerffxiv.com

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast