Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sky Lionheart
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 51

Please alter Ceremony Reservation requirements!

So it's 8:55am, I was lucky enough to have the day off work so I thought I'd run over to the Sanctum and grab me and my partner a nice time that'll suit most, if not all, of the people in the FC.

9am hits, I go to book a nice pm time and-oh... what the f***? I CANNOT place a reservation unless my partner, WHO ALSO WORKS, is online with me right there as well.

Is this some sick joke??

So basically all the good times are open to those who don't have jobs or are just lucky enough to have the day off on the SAME day, effectively making my Platinum purchase useless in regards to the reservation placements, ooh you can reserve a whole 2 hours earlier than standard planners... which means moot as it's still a working day.

So by the time my partner is back online ALL the decent pm times will be gone and the only thing left will be ridiculous am times which no-one will want to get up stupidly early for... cheers SE.

Allow us to reserve a time ON OUR OWN!!
    (10)
    Last edited by Skyl1n3; 01-30-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kalelius Kaldorei
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    "Is this some sick joke??"

I feel your pain, good sir. But that gave me a good laugh.

Hope everything works out for you and yours!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cirra Maru
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    The more time that passes since the Eternal Bond was released means the more slots open up. Everyone rushed to get their slot first and now there are a lot of free slots. My BF and I still haven't got a good slot for us and our friends to join us but with patience we will be able to get a good time slot .
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ava Rose
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I don't know who designed that reservation system, but I'm confident that they hate all humanity because it's pretty much the most jacked up, evil thing in the world.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Reede Rehw-nong
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 2
    I 100% Agree and understand (but don't understand this system...).

My husband was working too when I was able to reserve, the thing is as he is my real life husband I just connected his account on his computer and was able to do the reservation...
    If your partner is not a real (close) friend IRL I sure don't advise to give your account ID to the other person so this is a real problem that some of my ingame friends have too (or the other person could connect his character in the game before going to work but this is just crazy...).

They should really add for example a pre-reservation to bind the two future partners (because I think this is the real problem here, you can't reserve without him because the game doesnt know "who" is your future partner) before the real reservation for example or let you select him via your friend list, dunno...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Neuflune Mochiko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I totally agree that this is messed up. My hubby got the highest tier for Eternal Bond but we could not schedule because I could not be online at that time, due to work. Was it even stated in -any- of the quests that BOTH players have to be online to schedule? Except for, you know, at the exact moment when you try to schedule the ceremony?

If you already have the bands and have gone that far with the quest, it means that they have mostly agreed on everything. If people don't agree on the schedule, they can always re-schedule or cancel. What about friends in different timezones who want to use the Eternal Bond feature? What about people even in the same timezones but with different work schedule?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sekhmet Mubarak
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    There never should have been a "reservation system". It should havd been instanced since the beginning. Square-Enix is mad to push an entire server into such a schedule.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Seattle Sounders
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Could've made it 1 day allowance for platinum members instead of 1 hour. How hard can it be? I'm curious what the devs were thinking when they were making the marriage reservation system.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yoongi Mio
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Keep in mind that the reservation times are kinda...not worth observing anyway. When I got my snazzy 11pm wedding (this super works for us), it was 2pm on Tuesday. The reservations don't close and I just kept an eye out from day to day. I would just randomly go back to the East Shroud and check up on the times.

Some people end up rescheduling so time slots open up accordingly. If I bothered to wait until Friday in some A.M time, I would have been upset. Why wait until 4am to schedule (or reschedule in my case since maintenance ended up eating my wedding) when I can just pick something else at my own leisure?

That being said, why did they bother with the reservation system anyway? It could've been a superfluous thing where the NPCs jokingly set a date for you (24 hrs from then or something) and then you head to the chapel whenever. It's an instanced zone anyway so why put people through these hoops? Reservations made sense in FFXI where you had an actual GM (who was a live person) officiate the ceremony for you.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophie-Mio; 01-31-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dijana Menatas
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    "Doesnt work for me so it should be changed!!!"

Yeah, it sucks the timing doesnt suit for you, but there are other countries where its fine. Its a japanese game and in japan, the reservations open up at 6pm. For once I was glad, Im in australia which meant 7pm for me, normally Im out of luck because it caters to the NA crowd.

But really, it says right there on the site you need both people there to book, its to make sure one person doesnt make all the choices without the other's knowledge/consent so you can avoid conflicts later, its to make sure it works for the both of you. You can't come to the forums and complain because you didn't read what's on the site.

At least as the weeks go on, it'll become easier to book a time you want. The first night it opened there was like a hundred people standing on the NPC, many people summoning goobbue mounts to hide it, and slots all filled up in seconds.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast