Character
    Spawnie Lionheart
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    why do you keep doing this?
    mayb hes just excited for all the new content coming in 3.0??
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Maral Malaguld
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
    I hope an NPC involved in the Machinist questline is a blonde, fancily-dressed midlander named Edgar. Either that, or one of our abilities is a Cone or Targeted AoE called "Auto-Crossbow".
    Pray this doesn't happen. Putting Edgar and Thancred within any kind of proximity of one other will create a singularity of laschivity, and no woman in Eorzea would ever be able to get anything done again.

Either that, or they cancel each other out and abrupt turn gay for each other, and both are never heard from again.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sirocco Occoris
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I hope the name of the NPC that hands/is handed job quests will be either Irvine or Laguna.
    Or Vincent.
    Or Edgar.
    Or Balthier.
    (0)
    What's better than a 9th Dan? A 10th Dan.

Player
    Character
    Lucceia Verres
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukha View Post
    Calling it now: Cid will be involved with the Machinist storyline, and Nero with the Dark Knight.
    And Astrologist crying in the corner of every cutscene.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilyarel View Post
    And Astrologist crying in the corner of every cutscene.
    They will most likely be looking up at the stars at night to care about things.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lollie Ondoreil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    I think Orran would take issue with your assertation. Who didn't have a wtf moment the first time they saw galaxy stop?

I expect mechanist story to revolve around Ishgardian mechanics, probably some upstart trying to develop pocket cannon options as opposed to the huge bertha cannons they are always lugging around.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lollie; 01-31-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollie View Post
    I expect mechanist story to revolve around Ishgardian mechanics, probably some upstart trying to develop pocket cannon options as opposed to the huge bertha cannons they are always lugging around.
    While possible, I think the story may go more towards Garlond Ironworks and their development of Magitek in Eorzea. Not all the new places for 3.0 were announced after all and it is possible we may gain access to Garlond Ironworks HQ or meet a high ranking Engineer from Garlond Ironworks to be our Job Trainer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lollie Ondoreil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Well if you wanted a friendly debate rather than just an open speculation thread...
    It is unlikely this will be a Garlond Ironworks job beacuse:
    They don't like making and distributing weapons as part of their priciples, even though they will in extremely special circumstances.
    They lack the facilities and tools to create magitek equipment at this point, everything they have done is either enhance or repair work.
    Nowhere, to my knowledge, was it stated the gun and pet are magitek items, which is a very specific branch of engineering.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lollie; 01-31-2015 at 02:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    ---
    Well like I said it is only one possible outcome I can guess. Garlean Ironworks is one of the few places that can have access to technology a Machinist may have.

Not many places in Eorzea currently has the knowledge to create advance technology themed like the drones the Machinist will be able to summon.

On topic of Drones:

I'm still trying to guess how Drones may work but hopefully the Drones are balanced out on things. I would prefer if Drone's don't have HP and only remain in the field for a certain amount of time due to some boss fights being AoE Happy bosses (not to mention how AoE Happy Endgame raid bosses are) which could easily destroy a lot of Drones if those are given HP. This would certainly cause issues with preventing Machinist from being effective due to drones dying too much.

I also heard the drones may be stationary so placement seems vital for maximum effectiveness for drones.

You missed my point, you can only think of one path, yet ask for others' ideas and later dispute them even though all of the have their support and faults in reasoning for speculation. Guns and flying contraptions are not unique to magitek, far from it actually, which is your sole support for it being a garlean based job and no other foreseeable option. Magitek is more derived from its alternative more effecient power sources than anything else. Are you right? maybe, are there other possibilites the don't use your idea? Most definatly. Posibillity is the beauty of speculation, it allows us to hype each other up with possibilities others may not have considdered. Critiquing that just kills the fun.
    Like I said it is only one thing I see as possible outcome. I have considered Ishgard being involved with machinist but that only my second place in possible outcomes due to Ishgard being one of the themes for 3.0.

With little info we know about Machinist's lore in FF14 I just put together the possible places that they may be involved being Ironworks, Ishgard engineer development of a Handcannon, Limsa Lomensa since Blacksmithing does have a lore saying they advanced their skills far enough to develop guns, and something involving Goldsmithing and their advncement with their Automatons.

I placed Ironworks as my highest possible outcome due to how they do produce weapons and armor to help Eorzea as a means to fight against the constant attack they faced at the hands of the Garlean Empire but don't produce the level of weapons and armor that can be abused for tyrannical means. "freedom through technology" is their motto but sometimes freedom can only be gained with possible means to defend themselves.

Though the other scenarios I thought about are currently missing some things such as how does the development of the Drones for Machinists comes into play. However, it is possible all of these are involved since with a possible lvl 1 to 60 storyline we may be going to these places to advance our knowledge of Machinists similar to how other Jobs takes us to different places to gain our new Job powers.

As far as the pet goes even if it is temporarilly or permanently stationary I doubt that will be an issue. Don't see many smn/sch move their pets around mush either in movement intesive fights, and they will probably have enough hp to make up for the "well anything with half a brain would move out the way" factor.
    Hopefully but I still remain a bit concerned. Until farther info about the Drones are out I'll take things with a bit of caution. If Drones do have HP I hope they have atleast a repair skill for Machinist since there is a limit to how many hits a pet can take and losing a pet for SMN/SCH has mostly been a big MP drain and Healer or DPS rate drop for them sometimes until they get their Pet back into the fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 01-31-2015 at 06:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lollie Ondoreil
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    You missed my point, you can only think of one path, yet ask for others' ideas and later dispute them even though all of the have their support and faults in reasoning for speculation. Guns and flying contraptions are not unique to magitek, far from it actually, which is your sole support for it being a garlean based job and no other foreseeable option. Magitek is more derived from its alternative more effecient power sources than anything else. Are you right? maybe, are there other possibilites the don't use your idea? Most definatly. Posibillity is the beauty of speculation, it allows us to hype each other up with possibilities others may not have considdered. Critiquing that just kills the fun.

As far as the pet goes even if it is temporarilly or permanently stationary I doubt that will be an issue. Don't see many smn/sch move their pets around mush either in movement intesive fights, and they will probably have enough hp to make up for the "well anything with half a brain would move out the way" factor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lollie; 01-31-2015 at 06:11 AM. Reason: I think a caught all the typos now

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast