Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Chrizirhc Vanih
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    at 605 crit all my damages(skills, auto-attacks, dots) averages around 40% or more per encounter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sadako Yamamura
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriZirhC View Post
    at 605 crit all my damages(skills, auto-attacks, dots) averages around 40% or more per encounter.
    How about some more concrete numbers, because this reeks of baloney
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chrizirhc Vanih
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica_Ashtine View Post
    I would but is it even allowed to post screenshots of parses here?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mr Yaah
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica_Ashtine View Post
    I did some more concrete analysis today, from my fcob parses i had between 40 and 35% crit rate on the 3 fields autos, skills, and simulated outgoing dots, simulated outgoing dots were the lowest at 35-37 and skills were the highest at 39-40+ (im posting this from memory based on a conversation i had with another bard this morning on crit scaling) this is at 577 base crit + flint caviar. I didn't feel like popping a flint caviar again to see what my crit was at the time of the parses or taking the time to plug my gear into ariyala to let it calculate the total but needless to say its probably a little over 600 crit. This is mostly accounted for by the 10% flat buff from straightshot (straight shot procs explain why outgoing spells have the most crits) and by internal release.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dervy Yakimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by PROBOUND View Post
    Someone else in the comments mentioned that those numbers actually translate to a 40% Crit rate but i'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrYaah View Post
    I did some more concrete analysis today, from my fcob parses i had between 40 and 35% crit rate on the 3 fields autos, skills, and simulated outgoing dots, simulated outgoing dots were the lowest at 35-37 and skills were the highest at 39-40+ (im posting this from memory based on a conversation i had with another bard this morning on crit scaling) this is at 577 base crit + flint caviar. I didn't feel like popping a flint caviar again to see what my crit was at the time of the parses or taking the time to plug my gear into ariyala to let it calculate the total but needless to say its probably a little over 600 crit. This is mostly accounted for by the 10% flat buff from straightshot (straight shot procs explain why outgoing spells have the most crits) and by internal release.
    40%+ every encounter is a bit sketchy, unless you're blessed with god-like luck, but yeah, that Crit% range is beyond reasonable.

At 577 base Crit, +5% is 28.85, giving you 605.9 Crt.

605.9*0.0697-18.437 = 23.79423

23.79423 /100+10%*15/60 = 26.29423+10 = 36.29423% IR adjusted Crit% with Straight Shot uptime at 100%

There's no such thing as "Bard crit scaling". That's just the standard Crit formula, but the Crit% is stacked up higher due to Straight Shot uptime.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dervy; 01-30-2015 at 04:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mr Yaah
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    flint caviar is 4% and it ends up being 599 crit that i had for the encounters. 36% sounds just about right, you have to remember that the 40% number was outgoing skills which includes autocrits on straightshot. also I think im probably squeezing out more than the standard number of crits from internal release since im making sure to always line it up so i refresh my dots during it being up, which ends up making it so i think more than ((15/60)*100)% of my dot's tick time is buffed, not super positive.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Flo Fyloord
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Thanks for all the input. I assume the 40% crit from 550~600 value is before buffs such as straight shot and IR? Having my crit rate float around there seems to be reasonable.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Dervy Yakimi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    No... It would be after buffs such as IR and Straight shot. 575 CRT is inbetween 550-600, so:

575*0.0697-18.437 = 21.6405% Crit Rating unbuffed.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hazel Mimelia
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Next time I'll ask for screenshot and remove the names so no one gets in trouble. The numbers seem right though. Between 35% and 40% for bards. It is believed that 550 crit gives you give.you about a 20% chance to crit. Straight shot is believed to give you 10% to 15% on top of your base crit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mr Yaah
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    I'll try to remember to post some ss when I get home. I'm going to paste this here, i did some testing which i posted in a reddit thread

So i did a test run myself with the highest crit rate chance i could achieve, i had 668 crit points, I ran the test for 1hr 17minutes (approximately two apkallu omelettes) and just auto attacked a dummy non stop, autos only no crit buffs or anything.
    My results were that out of 1,431 attacks I landed 413 critical hits. This comes out to 28.86%, the expected number of crits based on valk's linear fit line is 27.81%.

Continued on next page
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast