Player
    Character
    Sesile Kokoro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Mount abilities

So I've just logged in for first time since the patch, and every time I try to ride a mount that has abilities (magitech, gobbule) it's pulling up the abilities. Last I checked this is tied to the pet hotbar which I have disabled.... Why is it showing up? I can't turn it off and I can't dismount now without going into the mount menu since my dismount hockey is now on a hotbar I cannot access.... Please help. And change this back or give option to customize this hotbar and/or reassign the mount abilitys to regular hotbars.

And on PS4 for clarification, only use controller and crosshotbar
    (5)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Can't you click on the mount icon in the status bar to dismount?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Sesile Kokoro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesSaintboroguh View Post
    Can't you click on the mount icon in the status bar to dismount?
    Not very easily when playing with a controller.... Especially not when I'm used to being able to just hold L2 and press <-. Can't even get to status bar without changing to mouse mode and then trying to fiddle to remember what is left click with controller buttons.
    (1)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    You can't click the left joystick in (or hit l1+r1)? there's no hotkey needed to dismount easily with a controller. beyond that, simply tapping the crossbar scroll button (r1 by default) will take you off the mount skill bars
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    PS4 default dismount is L3 button as long as no enemy is targeted. In case you didn't know or set it up differently. If an enemy is targeted the camera will snap to that enemy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cara Verant
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I hate this change so much. It already worked before when it needed to (ie: in dungeons/quests with interactables), so all they added was that the mounts with abilities suddenly overwrite your primary hotbars (both cross hotbar and regular hotbar) for no useful reason at all. You can't even modify the pet hotbar to put a mount/dismount icon on there.

For those not using a gamepad, in order to feel this with a mouse imagine if the mount icon only appeared when you were on your pet hotbar (or some other hotbar that you don't normally use) and was otherwise completely invisible and un-clickable, so you always have to switch over to the pet hotbar before you can right-click to dismount. And then add to that your pet hotbar reverts automatically whenever you change zones, so you can't even leave it primed for dismounting if you plan on going to a different location.
    (2)
    Last edited by Grey_Cain; 01-25-2015 at 09:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mholi'to Lihzeh
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    For now, I would suggest making a macro that changes your main hotbar back to 1 after mounting.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Just press L1 and R1 at the same time to dismount, if you play with controller
    (1)

Player

I like this update, I haven't put my petskills on a hotkey so I always had to click the ability 3-4 times for the game to react and understand that I wanted to use that spell, and then click on the ground
    Now I can use "1" and click on the ground and its so much more convenient for me
    (0)
    http://websta.me/n/kiaraicencroft.ffxiv (Kiaraicencroft.ffxiv@instagram)

As part of a quality of life improvement in Patch 2.5 we made it so when interacting with objects that feature actions (such as the cannons found inside Castrum Meridianum) the abilities would automatically appear on your hotbar/cross hotbar, instead of being displayed exclusively on the pet hotbar.

However, as you pointed out, we have confirmed that this change is happening to field mounts as well. We are planning to address this issue and we will update you as soon as we hear more!
    (23)
    Last edited by Bayohne; 01-30-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: Clarified that this is for 'field mounts'
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast