Player
    Character
    Paris Alexus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90

Dear Square Enix, in regards to Hunts.

I'm sure SE gets tons of complaints about people pulling early on hunts and not giving other people a chance to get to a hunt for some cred, and I agree that it's a problem. There are several people on my server that are called out on it all the time, even an entire FC of people will not, ever wait for others. This is an issue that creates immense hostility serverwide, but it can be fixed. (At least I think)

I suggest that hunts, when discovered are activated by a timer system within a certain perimeter around the hunt. For example, an S Rank is found by someone that is a level 50 disciple of war or magic (or level 45-50) a timer can be triggered for around 3-4 minutes and the hunt cannot be attacked until the timer is done, this would allow people to utilize their linkshells and give many others a chance for some Seals/soldiery. (This is not to say that lower level players cannot participate, they just can't activate the timer.)

Post continued below in comments.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Paris Alexus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Cont.

Here's the kicker, I do understand that certain things in the game like gear/mats should be hard to obtain but the Developers should not depend on inconsiderate player mentality to make it difficult on other players to obtain such things, this should not be the way to balance things out. That being said I think something like this in place would eliminate 90% of player hostility towards eachother in regards to hunts. Please consider something like this.

Another solution might be to allow people to obtain seals some other way as well. I haven't thought of anything though, SE... if you want me too, I only charge 10 million gil! lol jk.

Thanks for your time.

If someone agrees that something like this might work, voice it in the comments.

Constructive feedback ONLY please!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Stihl Lodeing
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 24
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTough View Post
    I suggest that hunts, when discovered are activated by a timer system within a certain perimeter around the hunt. For example, an S Rank is found by someone that is a level 50 disciple of war or magic (or level 45-50) a timer can be triggered for around 3-4 minutes and the hunt cannot be attacked until the timer is done, this would allow people to utilize their linkshells and give many others a chance for some Seals/soldiery. (This is not to say that lower level players cannot participate, they just can't activate the timer.)
    Excellent, just an excellent idea. This is almost exactly what I was thinking about when I read the other hunt "suggestion" threads. Can't believe you got to the second page without a like, well actually I can.

Players in active hunt linkshells will look at this idea and realize that it would add 15 maybe 30 minutes to their playtime in pure waiting (can't has them wasting time in the activity they waste time in...amirite?). So, don't count on any support from successful hunters, unless they are of the extreme gentleman/lady type.

I haven't done many hunts and probably won't for another couple months. But from what I've read, this seems like a great fix.

*edit

You can also get around the post restriction by editing the post

*edit2

I also like that you are not complaining, and seem so polite in your suggestion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stihllodeing; 01-23-2015 at 07:22 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mini Boss
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    The hunt monsters should be turned into level 50 FATES, the daily hunts are already FATES bosses. Instead of a super long respawn timer, make them spawn on a regular FATES timer based on rank. Pretty much every other major contents have had progressive additions except for FATES anyways.

Or

Maybe just get rid of the hunts all together and make the redeemable reward grand company seal based. I get these monsters are suppose to be special and it should be a reward just finding them, but organized hunt groups has turned something fun into a mission, so the purpose of hunts have already been sabotaged anyways. I feel for its intents and purposes, hunts have been a bust since day 1. They should be fun, but in reality they are usually frustrating and hostile.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Paris Alexus
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Fates could be a good idea, but how often would they spawn? Perhaps a daily turn in quest with a grand company? But that would eliminate the MMO aspect that I think should stick, which doesn't involve solo playing.

There's another issue happening where people are now pulling so early because they don't want the early pullers to get credit. SE, THIS IS GONE FULLY OUT OF HAND. Something really needs to be done about this. People are freaking out after every single hunt now because people are pulling so darn early. I have 6 linkshells and an FC that share hunts so I'm pretty lucky to make some of the hunts but just barely! Most of the time I'm making it just in time to get a few hits in there for half credit or if I'm in a party I get full credit, but I'm seeing way too many people not getting anything.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Link Hayashi
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I was thinking hard about how hunts should work and I think I thought of a good idea. It's already placed in the game, all it would have to be done is placed to hunts as well. FATES. I believe when a fate spawn, the next fate is determined by how many people participated in the FATE right? So why not do that for hunts? When a hunt is downed, why not change it's HP to reflect how many people participated the last time the hunt spawned? That way it would balance out and give people enough time to get there and get credit as well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mini Boss
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTough View Post
    Fates could be a good idea, but how often would they spawn?
    You know for S Rank once every 4-5 hours is good, I mean with the exception of the missionaries most people will log, play for a few hours then get on with life. Within that few hours, if these monsters show up once for these folks I'd say would be fair.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ania Tichy
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Personally hunts as they are, are mostly ok. When you get down to it there are hunt parties that is all they do, is focus on hunting. The issue is they want to pull as fast as possible, since they want to get to the looking for the next hunt quickly. If others shout out the hunts and, especially if a single player finds one and then creates a party in party finder and shouts out the location, many of these hunting parties get there first and pull and the one who found the hunt looses out since his party didn't get there in time. Somehow there needs to be a way to balance this out, which is difficult not to piss someone off. Bottom line though, these are hunts, many that arrive aren't actively hunting, just taking advantage of some else's work or luck.
    (0)