Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70

Midgardsormr and his children [Spoilers]

So Midgardsormr says he sired seven children, and later Lucia mentions that there are two Great Wyrms in Eorzea, so I guess my speculation is this:

Only one of his children stayed in Eorzea. The other six spread throughout the world, to parts unknown. What if one went to a continent to the south of Eorzea and started a brood of dragons there? Midgardsormr, called the Father of Dragons, may have fathered the first of the dragons, or the "First Brood." Coupled with Bahamut being said to be of the first brood, I wonder if he's (Bahamut) one of the seven children of Midgardsormr.

Thoughts?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by WyrahFhurrst View Post
    So Midgardsormr says he sired seven children, and later Lucia mentions that there are two Great Wyrms in Eorzea, so I guess my speculation is this:

Only one of his children stayed in Eorzea. The other six spread throughout the world, to parts unknown. What if one went to a continent to the south of Eorzea and started a brood of dragons there? Midgardsormr, called the Father of Dragons, may have fathered the first of the dragons, or the "First Brood." Coupled with Bahamut being said to be of the first brood, I wonder if he's (Bahamut) one of the seven children of Midgardsormr.

Thoughts?
    Well, after witnessing what he is capable of, I can totally see Midgardsormr being the father of Bahamut.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    The context of her dialogue sounded very general and it sounded like she was acknowledging that the only two wyrms in Eorzea are Midgardsormr and Nidhogg. Anything else is hard to say.

Midgardsormr has some serious power to be able to strip the blessing of light from the Warrior of Light though. I still have a lot of questions regarding the new main story quests.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    I don't know if he's literally stripped us of it, or just siphoning it off for himself. Like borrowing, but with the magical blessing of the planet. To be fair, he's using it to build a new body for himself so he can kill Ishgard, so at least he making use of it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zohar Lahar
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    What I keep wondering is, given that whole "when a great wyrm roars" thing, wouldn't Bahamut angry rampage have caused some effect with Dravanians and the dragon star? Elder Primal or not, he was still the "Dreadwyrm." And you heard that deafening roar at the end of Praetorium.

As for Midgardsormr, I'm starting to think he's on the level of Hydaelyn and Zodiark (and the Cloud of Darkness).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orophin Calmcacil
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohar_Lahar View Post
    As for Midgardsormr, I'm starting to think he's on the level of Hydaelyn and Zodiark (and the Cloud of Darkness).
    Which would imply that Althyk and Nymeia also created Hydaelyn and Zodiark.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Galyn Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Maybe the other means of communication that the Dravanians have is more like some subsonic resonance we can't detect, and that Bahamut doesn't have?

And he's certainly very powerful. Maybe not as powerful as cosmic forces like Hydaelyn and Zodiark, but powerful enough that he can make dealings with them and bring their agreements to fruition.
    Midgardsormr also specifies that one of his children is the one who sounded the call, so I'm pretty sure Nidhogg (if it's him that is the other great wyrm in Eorzea) is Midgardsormr's son.
    (0)
    Last edited by WyrahFhurrst; 01-21-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kharagan Dotharl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Clearly, something more is going on. Between Odin, Main Story, and even Hildy, a lot of information on primals was dumped on us... and what is the 'covenant'?

And there are now different types of Ascians, some of this world, and some not? I think that's a big hunk of mystery. Or at least to me. Moose might be nodding wisely, off on his lorethrone.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alkaid Gainsborough
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    I don't believe the blessing of light is actually gone.

My understanding is that the chosen warrior of light is being tested by Midgardsormr.

Reason I say this is because Midgardsormr tells us we are not gifted, we are chosen. After he "seals" the blessing he says he will watch what we do.

Furthermore the blessing of light is what allows us to fight the primals.

Lastly it may as well be that Midgardsormr is actually protecting Hydelyn. The Ascian did mention she is getting weaker.
    (5)

Character
    Miles Saintborough
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Well Midgardsormr did SOMETHING to the Warrior of Light if Nabriales was happy to see that without Hydaelyn's blessing, said warrior would pose no threat to him.
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast