Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Frozen Fury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

We NEED a "Gunblade" job, a sword-wielding DPS job is long over-do...

The "Gunblade" would make complete sense within FF14's lore because the Garlean's use gunblade's as a weapon, Triple Triad card game comes from FF8 which used gunblade's, and Lightning from the FF13 event wielded a futuristic gunblade. It only makes sense to add gunblade's within the game as a sword-wielding DPS that uses the advantage of the sword and gun's attack range. Maybe even have a gunblade that works like Squall's where the blade explodes upon impact when the trigger is pulled, causing more damage.

Square Enix, you MUST do this, many of my in-game and real-life friends are wanting it badly as well, and we are long over-do for a sword-wielding DPS. So please make it happen! =)

Who else agree's with me as well that a gunblade DPS job should be put within the game?! Like and/or comment below on your thoughts/opinions on the subject at hand. Thank you! =D
    (28)

Player
    Character
    Razai Sylvain
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 58
    You should probably wait and see if the machinist actually gets to use gun-blades as some of its weaponry. As for it being a must, I can live with or without it. I'd rather see Dancers with the use of a pole-arm/sash as weapons (something more creative than the norm) or Beastmasters that use whips/boomerangs or Geomancers that are technically unarmed or with the use of Gauntlets enchanted with aetheral energy.

The more the merrier as long as we get more Roles with unique styles I'm all for it.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Myrhn Shirayuki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    We will get a sword wilding job on the expancion so the probablilities of getting another sword wielding job i think are very low, at least for anytime soon. In the future i'm up for it, but I think we will need to conquer the empire to have that kind of technology.
    (3)
    I love the official forums, they tell you to use the search for thread about what you wanted to talk but when you use it they judge for necro a thread.

Player
    Character
    Ziro Skystrider
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I'm all for it. I still want them to use that damn musketeer guild. LOL
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    If they made this 'gunblade' class, from how you're describing it it wouldn't have the highest up close or long range power. If it could do both, what would cause it to stand out compared to other classes?

Pulling a trigger whenever you attack, you don't specify if it's with a skill or an auto attack, not to mention it sounds like it would be a bit annoying either way. We're already getting a gunner class that everyone has been wanting for a long while now, but I don't really hear people saying much about a gunblade class. Plus I have a feeling people are wanting a few other jobs before a 'gunblade class', i.e. classes from Final Fantasy Tactics/Early FF games that were either unplayable, or only in that one game (Like the Astrologian class)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darius Stormheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrhn View Post
    We will get a sword wilding job on the expancion so the probablilities of getting another sword wielding job i think are very low, at least for anytime soon. In the future i'm up for it, but I think we will need to conquer the empire to have that kind of technology.
    its another tank, and the desire is for a dps with pointy thing of justice... or whatever the users/players motive may be
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Darius Stormheart
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacent View Post
    snip
    the garlean gunblade style(the emperor showed a bit of it), includes a ranged high pot shot, teleport/dash slash.

if we are including theories on other aspects, like the gunblade could have a ranged/melee mode toggle similar to oaths that weakens one while making the other stronger and vice versa, an aoe blast shot, a classic styled spinning slash aoe using vibration trigger(from ff8, and would be a 1 shot buff), or even a rev trigger like devil may cry 4(a unique multi press skill)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frozen Fury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I wouldn't see a machinist using a gunblade because they don't specialize in sword skills, but instead rely on mechanical turrets and regular guns. It just makes complete sense to have gunblade's within this game because it IS a unique weapon in the FF universe. And plus, this game needs a sword-wielding DPS job to begin with since we lack one. I am sure Square Enix could figure out the skill-set problems and create a unique sword-wielding DPS job by using the gunblade, balancing the ranged attack difference between the sword and gun, buffs/debuffs, and overall DPS to ensure it works right within the game. I don't expect the gunblade to make its appearance in the Heavensward Expansion, but for future patches it is possible, like what they did for Rogue/Ninja.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Frozen Fury
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I know for a fact that if they created a gunblade DPS job it would be my main DPS job from here on and for many others, considering not only is Squall my favorite character, but also uses my favorite weapon in the FF universe. Its all opinion, but when it comes down to it many FF fans would want the gunblade to happen because it is apart of the FF universe to begin with, and not only that, it actually exists in FF14. Even still, we need a sword-wielding DPS job no matter if its a gunblade or not lol. But my best speculation would be that the gunblade would be their best bet for the FF14 lore and its popularity among FF fans.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Bacent Rekkes
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by roninoftagrm View Post
    the garlean gunblade style(the emperor showed a bit of it), includes a ranged high pot shot, teleport/dash slash.

if we are including theories on other aspects, like the gunblade could have a ranged/melee mode toggle similar to oaths that weakens one while making the other stronger and vice versa, an aoe blast shot, a classic styled spinning slash aoe using vibration trigger(from ff8, and would be a 1 shot buff), or even a rev trigger like devil may cry 4(a unique multi press skill)
    Please don't misquote me. Anyways the skills you're mentioning from FF8/DMC are both single player games. I don't see how well their concept would be when going from a single player game, to an MMO RPG like this.

And while the 'stance' idea is interesting to think of for ranged/up close attacks, there's still the fact that they'd be good at both styles of fighting and are much better at being able to change with the flow a bit too easily with the battle, while other classes are forced to work around what's happening.
    (0)
    Last edited by Bacent; 01-17-2015 at 09:26 AM. Reason: Limiting character limit is limiting

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast