Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Kiote Corissimo
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Still think we need to focus on the part of this Topic that was blatantly dodged..

What are you going to do with Facilities?
    What Are you going to do with Treatises?
    What are you going to do about the Massive XP gaps that are going to happen do to the loss of Parts recipes?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Darkstar Poet
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post
    Still think we need to focus on the part of this Topic that was blatantly dodged..

What are you going to do about the Massive XP gaps that are going to happen do to the loss of Parts recipes?
    the people that don't craft don't care is why it is being dodged. they want to know on their first try they go collect a few items and boom they get their HQ gear made. they don't care if it made crafting absolutely stupid in the process. they would be happy if when they registered they got hq gear all the way to top that never had to be repaired at all so they could feel as though they were something special.
    (8)

http://crystalknights.guildwork.com/

Player

it is shocking with almost 900 posts on the diffrent problems in the current system and ideas how to improve with out such a huge dumbdown, and all he's tried to do it justify and not very well the reasons for the dumbdown. would have been nice if he had acctualy addressed the issues that the sposidly small number (though i think this is the biggest active thread on this fourm atm) have raised.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by darkstarpoet1 View Post
    the people that don't craft don't care is why it is being dodged. they want to know on their first try they go collect a few items and boom they get their HQ gear made. they don't care if it made crafting absolutely stupid in the process. they would be happy if when they registered they got hq gear all the way to top that never had to be repaired at all so they could feel as though they were something special.
    This is that unyielding negative tone I was referring to earlier. It's posts like these that are filled with various presumptions about other players that serve no purpose other than to spark controversy.

Also, if anyone thinks the intense changes and variety of additions to the crafting system are due to any singular reason, then they are gravely mistaken. Just like the large-scale battle changes, crafting is going through some major changes as well. The entire game is changing, and we are part of its growth. The majority of the community signed up for drastic changes in the player's poll months ago, and now we are seeing the fruits of their labor.

If we don't have something productive to say, let's just not say anything at all, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiote View Post

I remember in the letter he mentioned that they had plans to make use of both facilities and treatises down the road in a different manner - it is not something they are ready to officially announce at this point.

As for the massive xp gaps, that definitely wasn't addressed and I don't think it will be. It's one of those things we'll find out after the change are made. Just like recipes for parts are being removed, new recipes are being added in, and existing recipes are being adjusted (synthesis rank changes likely) so gaining xp may only see a change in what recipes you grind rather than whether or not you get to grind at certain ranks.
    (5)

More posts straight from the fingers of Yoshida, this time not so terribly late at night in Japan! Some of the topics brought up in the posts have been brought up here as well. As for issues that aren't addressed yet, we do appreciate your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello, this is Yoshida, the producer/director. I am soo sleepy...

I would like to follow up with a few additional comments.

1. Nuggets
    None of the new recipes added in Patch 1.19 will require nuggets. In fact, we do not plan on requiring nuggets in any of the recipes that we will be adding from here on out. However, old recipes will remain in the game for a while, so there is no need to worry about items in the process of synthesis being affected. I am thinking that the transfers to the new recipe period will go on through patch 1.20.

2. HQ Revamp
    We are planning on implementing the HQ revamp in patch 1.20. Following the release of patch 1.19, the current specs for HQ items will remain in place, so current HQ items will not be affected. Until Patch 1.20 is released, the current specs for HQ items will be used. Also, in the new specs, HQ items will only be created if every ingredient used is HQ. Obtaining HQ versions of the ingredients will require a mix of luck and skill. (We want to make sure that you will not experience a sense of futility when your synthesized item turns into NQ at the last moment.)

3. Materia Craft and HQ
    When turning weapons/armor into materia, it will not matter if the weapon/armor is HQ or not. Similarly, when adding materia to weapons/armor, it will not matter whether the weapon/armor is HQ or not. (NQ items will be useful when mass producing materia.)

However, when performing “The Forbidden Materia Craft (tentative title),” attaching materia to HQ weapons/armor will impact the success rate. Regular materia attachment will generally be attainable by every player. However, “The Forbidden Materia Craft,” will be very specialized and difficult. (I may have spoken a bit too much, but details on materia craft will be posted on a different thread from here on out lol.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silueta View Post
    What is the purpose of synthesis mini games? Do you plan on completely overhauling the synthesis system?
    Some ingredients will have to be created by crafters. When creating an HQ item, effort, innovation, and luck will be necessary as usual. We are planning on simplifying the last step of the process, but this is all under review. Either way, we want to avoid the feelings of disappointment and futility felt when making a mistake at the last step, but up until the last step, the same innovation and effort will be required.

Also, regarding using HQ ingredients always resulting in the synthesis of an HQ item, we have not decided if a specified order must be followed or if the order doesn’t matter, but we will listen to your opinions to work towards completion by patch 1.20.

If we do implement a specified order, people may complain that it is boring busywork. However, if we incorporate too much luck in the process, failing will be very frustrating. This is not an issue of balance, but even if the chance of failing is 1%, there will be some unlucky players that fail.

As such, we believe that it is important that the HQ items can be synthesized with certainty if the proper effort is put in. I am not discussing whether synthesis mini games will be implemented or not, so please think of that as something separate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    I do not want HQ items with materia attached to become necessary, due to their significant advantage.
    I have a meeting to attend, so I’m sorry that the response is brief. As I stated to another poster, the difference between HQ and NQ will be appropriate. Whether HQ or NQ items are used will be up to each player’s discretion.

I will be careful with the balance, so that HQ items do not become a necessity!
    (58)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Rekijitsu Taiyou
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I don't think it's "Dumbing it down", I just think they're removing a lot of the bloat.

As it was, we just had way too many items to lug around. It was more of a pain than "realism" was worth. Even with a retainer, 200 slots just wasn't enough with the diversity of the items. As the game grows, we were looking at a chaotic situation where there would simply be too much bloat as time went on. Simplifying != dumbing down.

I think the choice of wording is honestly trying to instigate a "QQ CATERING TO CASUALS" vibe. IMO, crafting was plenty difficult as it was when you compared it to how quickly you can burn through DoW and DoMs. It's balance and simplicity honestly.

I think a lot of people are honestly just bumhurt that they did DoHs while it was "hard". I honestly don't think it's getting any easier (in fact, some may argue without parts it will be harder to level unless they buff SP), it's just getting way less *annoying*.
    (21)

Player

1. Nuggets
    None of the new recipes added in Patch 1.19 will require nuggets. In fact, we do not plan on requiring nuggets in any of the recipes that we will be adding from here on out. However, old recipes will remain in the game for a while, so there is no need to worry about items in the process of synthesis being affected. I am thinking that the transfers to the new recipe period will go on through patch 1.20.
    This is streamlining, good work! please do simular things to the parts and not remove them

2. HQ Revamp
    We are planning on implementing the HQ revamp in patch 1.20. Following the release of patch 1.19, the current specs for HQ items will remain in place, so current HQ items will not be affected. Until Patch 1.20 is released, the current specs for HQ items will be used. Also, in the new specs, HQ items will only be created if every ingredient used is HQ. Obtaining HQ versions of the ingredients will require a mix of luck and skill. (We want to make sure that you will not experience a sense of futility when your synthesized item turns into NQ at the last moment.)
    This is just shocking, i feel commom item should equal a chance of hq, nq or fail reguardless of the mats added. the current system needs to be more balanced. if the really rare items need to be 100% so be it, but not all this just takes one fun aspect out of crafting.

3. Materia Craft and HQ
    When turning weapons/armor into materia, it will not matter if the weapon/armor is HQ or not. Similarly, when adding materia to weapons/armor, it will not matter whether the weapon/armor is HQ or not. (NQ items will be useful when mass producing materia.)
    More info on Materia! FTW
    (1)
    Last edited by Okiura; 08-25-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Character
    Hiir Noivl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I agree with this direction for HQ.

Looks like the “luck” of the HQ will be transfered to the individual parts of an item. You will need HQ parts to make an HQ item though, but once you have all your HQ parts your HQ item is guaranteed.

Some people think that NQ items will then disappear from the wards because, with the current system, NQ items are created when an HQ attempt fails. Yoshi-P counters that it will be some how harder to attach materia to a HQ item than to a NQ. Getting a HQ item through a “Forbidden Materia Synth” (such as getting a Crab Bow HQ and attaching a powerful "Ultima" materia to it) will be in his words, “specialized” (Mastercraftsmen only?) and “difficult”. This could mean also that there might be considerable risk to trying to upgrade a HQ item with materia.

So you could craft the parts for the crab bow and make it NQ (easiest)

You can attach a regular, common materia, to your NQ bow. (Easy)

Or you could craft until all the parts are HQ and then get a HQ bow. (Harder)

You can take your HQ bow and attach materia to it. (even harder)

You can take your HQ bow and use an endgame synth on it (Hardest, intense (highrisk?))

I take it that if you try to synth a HQ item with Forbidden endgame materia synth, failing could mean losing everything…

Yoshi added that NQ/HQ difference won't be so significant that everyone will ask for HQ instead of NQ as if it's “required” to handle certain content. This means that adding materia to an NQ item would be attractive to someone who doesn't want to spend all his time crafting HQ parts for an HQ gear, only to find it nearly impossible to upgrade/modify it further without mastering a craft or failing materia synths and possibly the destroying HQ gear itself in the process.

I like these ideas because it allows ordinary crafters to just stay ordinary and still craft usable items and the Mastercraftsfolk to be as Endgame as they want and spend countless attempts working on attaching "Ultima" materia to their HQ Crab Bow.

This way there is some reward for HQing something, however, the HQ has a rather limited effect UNLESS you want to go further and attach some materia to it, which is much harder than just attaching materia to a NQ synth for a greater effect than Plain HQ. So I'm sure many casual crafters will go for the NQ+materia option. However, if you attach a materia to your NQ gear, you're done (?). No further advancement. The only way to get an endgame type gear would be using a Forbidden Synth that only Master Crafters (?) can use and which has a high fail rate(? Treastises and Support will help?). Making Forbidden Recipes exclusive to HQ gear would heighten the rarity and thus give both DoW/M and DoH something to work for. Should these Forbidden Materia and the catalysts be exclusive to DoL node drops, I may have just found the endgame content I've been waiting for for Gathering classes.

Good deal.
    (13)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida...
    (I may have spoken a bit too much, but details on materia craft will be posted on a different thread from here on out lol.)
    NO in fact you haven't spoken enough !
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Syntax Lies
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Leatherworker Lv 50
    Please keep up the good work, I can already feel my inventory freeing up space. Hurray for inventory space!
    (3)

Page 88 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast