Player
    Character
    Kidd Ikuto
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

FFXIV+ Directx 11

I wonder if we will have a option of utilizing the benefits of Directx 11. Final Fantasy XIV does not use DirectX 11, it uses 9 I know that, also you would need either be runing windows vista or 7. But as a option for people that have those kind of GPU. That game graphics and play could improves a little more. They could relatively implement some DX11 features like AO and Tesselation. Upgrading compatibility in windowed mode SLI/Crossfire which some may have some issues right now...

Character
    Alhanelem Amidatelion
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Alerady been addressed by the dev team and there's currently no plans for DX 10/11 support. They said they will reassess this in the future based on availability in the install base. (Though most people with a computer capable of running the game have at least directX 10 capability...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    There not planing on adding any DX10/DX11 for now this is from the old Dev post that said there not working on it at this time. Maybe later on in a pack or something but i don't see any DX11 happening for sometime.

But who knows SE crazy they may add it anytime they want.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    wont happen till there done and were paying to play, if they do do it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nero Coldfire
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    They should have implemented it right away. Now it's kinda late to add it. Well not too late though. But currently it seems they lack the knowledge and manpower to do it. Maybe after a successful PS3-release.
    (0)

Player

its really strange to me they didnt utilize DX10/11 because they have always said they wanted to design the game to be able to keep up with modern technology unlike FFXI. ofcourse they have the option to upgrade in the future but not utilizing DX11 when it became available was, if anything.... counter-productive.
    (3)
    15 abilities each? what is this... Kindergarten?
    A jack of all trades WHM... what is this 1989?

Player
    Character
    Esk N'tania
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Given how much it would reduce stress Gpus, and could improve visuals its a shame it isn't.
    Hopefully Dx11 is being worked on in the background and a year or less from now we'll see small parts of it coming in.
    That or FFXIV great graphics for a mmo tittle wont last long.

An how they said not enough people are using it is beyond me, i would wager more people have a DX11 card then Dx10 now Given the 460's place in the market.

edit : Wait they are probably considering those PS3 things and the limitations on them.
    (ok I have one but its more just a blueray player now)
    Sigh need a PS4 with Dx11 get some good looking games coming out and stop letting the Dev's be so lazy with out of date graphics.
    (0)
    Last edited by Esk; 08-18-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Aery Catastrophe
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 51
    Probably because the game is built on an outdated tool Crystal Tools which was based on Direct X 9... took them too long to complete the tool it became outdated when they finally use it to develop the game.... >.>
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Also they use DX9 because you know there people still using Window XP and wont even go to window 7. Which a lot of people are still using window XP.
    (0)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Julie Nymphiel
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    I could have swore they said they were working on a minor graphical overhaul to coincident with the PS3 release. But maybe that didn't have anything to do with DX10/11
    (0)
    I have to thank Square-Enix for the amazing job they have done recreating Final Fantasy XIV from Scratch. Especially the inclusion of Missing Genders which we petitioned for in good faith. This was proof to us players that the Developers are truly Sympathetic to our requests and that being honest and vocal can pay off with the amazing characters we have who are Female Roegadyn, Male Miqote, and Female Highlanders. Thank You SE, Thank You Community Team, Thank You Yoshi-P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast