Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Impact to game from Proposed Crafting Changes (CRAFTER PROTEST)

This is not a theory thread, full of my speculating about what I think the changes will entail, blah, blah, blah...

Instead, this is to gauge the number of crafter that feel strongly about the situation, and to get a measure (that everyone can feel) about what the consquences might be.
    Basically, are you a crafter that is discouraged enough by the proposed recipe changes, and what this might imply for the future of crafting, enough so that you would likely stop playing FFXIV if crafting is side-lined?
    If your answer is yes, then simply stop offering any repairs, to any person. Yes, even those people in your linkshell (that you know and love). I would simply say that you are expressing your opinion in a non-violent way. There is no law that says you must repair people's gear. There is an NPC that can repair gear, and people can raise their craft and repair it themselves if they so desire.

Long live the crafters!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Noctis Umbra
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    How about no?
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Rin Legacy
    World
    Mandragora
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    We have enough of those threads. Cut it out already.

P.S.: I am sooo happy my LS has no such Drama-Queens as its members. Good luck isolating yourself.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Apathy Emerald
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    I'm against these changes, but honestly I think you're going a bit too far with a boycott that only a small percentage of the people will do (even tho i think A LOT of ppl agree with you) and that won't lead you anywhere.

I think we just need to let SE know that we're strongly against this things and they might reconsider, after all the whole "redesign" stuff is because the players weren't satisfied with the product.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xatsh Vei
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    If the crafters are against it they need to say something, too many people avoid this forum because of negativity then get pissed when those complainers get their way.

It is like this in every update it seems, people get furious.... but no one says anything.

This is the current crafters faults more then anything... they are allowing themselves to be represented by people who hate crafting. So in the end, since most crafters do not post about how they want the current system... no one can be pissed when it gets taken away.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Zion Cross
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    You know OP, you remind me of Leslie from Parks and Recreation... Creepy. On the note of crafting, I like the upcoming changes.
    (5)

Player

I am a crafter whos about to hit his 7th 50 craft

here are my thoughts on all this

1) leveling crafts is going to become ALOT worse without all the parts to use as grind synths....this can however be replaced by gear grinding depending on what recipes show up

2) HQ gear will STILL be a pain to make, the people trying to make hq gear just wont have to go through all the extra hoops(4-5 synths to get to the part they were trying to make for that peice) but they will still need to get alot of +3 mats made in order to pull it off(making +3 mats in themselves still isnt as easy as some people may think it is)

3) gear will become more readily available at LOWER RANKS. Since itl be easier to make alot of the gear, the lower rank gear will now be sold more often.

4) support/training is a letdown BUT i will hold my judgement on what this means for those 2 things til after i see where they go with it

Player
    Character
    Lienn Deleene
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 50
    Indeed. I'm against it, but instead of botcotting it i just already tossed them some feedback. I asked that, since both recipes will be there for a while, that this become permanent and the simple version only resulting in NQ or +1. This way, those willing to go for a +2/3 would need to use the full recipes.

What left me concerned is the drastic reduction of number of recipes and the impact removing parts it would cause to economy...because most of us grind in parts due cheap recipes and leave the finished items protected from overgrinding exactly due the amount of things needed to synth it...but when they remove the parts people will start grinding on finished items, causing the economy to end like FFXI one, where you would go 1~100 in a craft with rarely actually getting profit. IMO the current recipes protect the finished items from overflooding the market and having their prices crushed.
    (4)

Player

Wow! I didn't quite expect that torrent of hate. I thought I wrote my original post in a neutral and inoffensive manner.

I merely made the suggestion because, if, in the end, no one feels particularly strongly about it, then it won't matter. And that's what SE and the community need to know.

If, on the other hand, it does actually strike a deep chord with a significant enough number of crafters, then eventually those crafters would leave, ending us in the situation I suggested we temporarily test.

I suppose this makes me a Drama Queen!
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Xatsh View Post
    So in the end, since most crafters do not post about how they want the current system... no one can be pissed when it gets taken away.
    This isn't necessarily true, you know. They can get pissed, and they can quit. Who knows how many? How would we find out?
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast