Player
    Character
    Blood Lotus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80

[Dev 1016] Dye - An Alchemists plea

Way back in the day, when everyone was trying to rank up their crafts dye was needed in large quantities. I as Alchemist (was the 3rd 50 on my server tee hee!) was happy to take their gil in exchange for those quantities of dye...

Then the day came when they all hit 50 and moved on to other crafting classes like Alchemist. Dye was an excellent grinding synth and the wards that had a few hundred dye quickly flooded with thousands of gallons of dye. The same can be said for all types of glue as well.

As an alchemist I wondered why poisons, ethers, and potions were 4 per synth. They were useless and some asked for several materials. All the while Dyes were simple to make and made 12 pots of dye.

As an Alchemist this is a very difficult craft to make gil in, or if you do it's with a pot of 300 gil dye here and a stack of 500 gil glue there.

With the removal of parts scale glue will become useless, it was a cheap staple in getting goldsmith to 50. It sold decently but because of the amount of glue produced it was cheap.

Here's my request... Reduce the amount of items synthed from dyes and glues from 12 to 4. This will reduce the flood of these one time use items increasing their value and increasing the value of alchemists as well.

While you're reading here's some others:

Make Potions and Ethers more useful.
    Change Poisons so they apply a temporary weapon buff.
    Give us more Poisoned weapons.
    Let us enhance Armor with Potions and Ether.
    Make Alchemists more useful!
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Blood Lotus
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    lol no response yay or nay?

Am I alone?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rinoa Lilieu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 88
    I might have to sign into my second account just to click the like button twice.
    (0)

4. 08-19-2011 08:24 AM