Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Beautiful Mountain
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    I personally dont think they should add new races only because they already made them and I like certain races to be with the games they were made, however they DEFINITELY need to add Male Mi'qot's, Femal Roe's, and Female Highlanders!

FFXI Limited genders because of the storyline, this is a new game and new story! So the roes dont have to reproduce asexually, and we can have as many male miqote as we want! Same with adding female highlanders!

Either that or go ALL OUT and make every race from every FF game and make this like the ultimate online FF game! In that case though it would have been cool to make an online battle system similar to the classical offline rpg take turns style
    (2)
    Last edited by PEANUT; 08-18-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aedida Aldricht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    So yea, you think it's possible to catch ourselves a EU/NA rep to ask about those male miqos? Because female roes are brilliant but I'd also like to hear their plans on male miqote. :/

Also yeaaaa~ Viera love. <3
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayohne View Post
    Yeah that ^
    Cool signature, btw!
    Not you, Oscillate_Wildly.
    Not you.

Player

How about a reptilian race like aragonians from TES series?
    (2)
    No one expects the miquote inquisition!!!

Player
    Character
    Ecclesiae Dei
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 50
    They should have have made FFXIV from FFXII, instead of FFXI.
    FFXII had it all the job, the race, the politic, the region, the air ship, pirates, weather change, etc...
    (3)
    I am who I am. I am not someone else, nor would I ever wish to be

This seems like a good enough place as any to post the official translation concerning new races appearing in the future of FINAL FANTASY XIV. When asked about the possibilities of adding new races, Yoshida had this to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki Yoshida
    Though new races are quite far off in the future, once various fixes are made, the PlayStation 3 version launches, and the timing is right for an expansion, we will be adding original races to the world of FFXIV.

First, to coincide with the PS3 launch, we will be adding female Roegadyns and other genders to those races that are currently lacking. The next step is to look into new races.
    Still a ways off, but feel free to let your imagination run free!
    (99)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Syrrathti Trelarrl
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Personally, I'd rather them not add a race plucked out of a specific FF title (yeah, yeah, our current races are all from FF XI with minor facelifts, but I don't think that means the trend should be continued). I think the main thing is that any races added in the future should fit in the world and setting for FF XIV.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Moogles as a playable race (being an FF game and all that), though I suspect that might not be possible from a lore standpoint, from what little I know of it.
    (4)
    - Syrrathti Trelarrl of Besaid

Player
    Character
    Topheru Jopheru
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    This seems like a good enough place as any to post the official translation concerning new races appearing in the future of FINAL FANTASY XIV. When asked about the possibilities of adding new races, Yoshida had this to say.

Still a ways off, but feel free to let your imagination run free!
    Fantastic! So Male Miqo'tes AND Female Highlanders are confirmed? I really didn't think I'd go through with a possible race/gender change for my characters but now...
    (3)

Player

I am mostly looking forward to mounts and airships...getting around is a real pain.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Sirius Dogstar
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I've wanted Moogles as a playable race since I first heard of this game. Especially since I heard Akihiko Yoshida was lead art director and did such an amazing job designing them for FFXII (moogle with a zweihander anyone?).
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Moogle

But then I saw how carelessly scarce and tiny moogles got in this game and I just about cried. Ugh... Tanaka. Now there is no chance in hell I will ever play as Mog.

Anyhow, I would love to see a reptilian race, that rat race (Freya's race), those horned children from Gridania (or Grias), goblins (or all beastmen for that matter), and (its really pissing me off YoshiP didn't mention it in that quote) man'qotes. I also think that if YoshiP were to incorporate them (and I know I'm thinking big here), he should design it implementing opposing factions. For instance, if he was to add beastmen as playable races then they would be part of a separate faction that involved its own allegiances. He could also do this with the Garlean Empire for those who want to play as the invaders or simply be "bad" which would give rise to global pvp.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zaireeka2025; 08-18-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aedida Aldricht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    bayo may I hug you? ; ;
    (3)
    Yeah that ^
    Cool signature, btw!