Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86

What NEW races would you like to see?

Here's is interesting post by the JP reps on JP thread which talked about what new races they would like to see aside from the ones we already know from FFXI like characters.

Copy/Paste from my translation thread.
    Translation thread link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post297227
    =============================

JP side has a thread going about new races, players are talking about other races aside from male miqote or female roegadyn; race that is not FFXI related... like goblin, or amarja just for fun. Reps responded to this one.

Original Thread Link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/20747

Quote Originally Posted by Triairy View Post
    皆さん、こんばんは。
    Good Evening Everyone,

新種族の可能性についてプロデューサーの吉田を突撃してきました。
    Attacked Producer Yoshida regarding possibility of new race.

新種族についてはすごく先の話になりますが、様々な改修も終わり、PS3のローンチも行い、
    拡張というタイミングになったら、FFXIVの世界観に沿ったオリジナルの種族は追加していきます。
    まずはPS3にあわせルガディン女など現在の種族で足りない性別を追加します。
    そして、その次の段階として新種族を検討していきます。
    It will be really long time but after finishing different modifications, after PS3 launch and when it's time to add expansion, would like to add original races that matches with FFXIV world. For starters Roegadyn female and current race missing genders will be included with PS3, and after will look into new races.
    とのことでした。

新種族の情報を入手し帰ろうとしたところ、
    「先はなげーなぁ・・・」とぼそっと呟き遠い目をしてました・・・。
    Tried to get little more info regarding the new races
    He looked far away and said "It's a long way..."

=============================
    What kind of race would you like to see in-game (has to be FFXIV related race)

I want to see (sorry for spelling)
    Kikirun and Goblin

Only problem with these... how they going to plan for the gear and stuff? lol

EDITED: Added the missing genders part in green... sorry about that.
    (9)
    Last edited by Reinheart; 08-18-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Player
    Character
    Genz Kawakami
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Mixed-race

~

Outside of playable "races", they may add children NPCs of every race (I think there are only hyur/elezen children)
    (5)
    Last edited by Genz; 08-18-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kuro L'anzce
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    hmmm i dont mind anything as long is not playable lol
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    I would love to see a some type of Devilish race added . with the horns,wings, etc
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    why add more races after everyone has already gotten 2-3 years into the game? that doesn't sound like a good idea to me
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubont View Post
    why add more races after everyone has already gotten 2-3 years into the game? that doesn't sound like a good idea to me
    I played some other MMO that added new races 2-3 years later and added some item where u can switch race that solved the problem for players wanting to become that new race.

Wouldn't be bad imo, but if they add more race I worry the animation team have to spend more time on every race and delaying stuff in future.
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Pico Man
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 70
    Okay, i don't know much about other MMOs, but there always seems to be another playable faction. I think WOW has two, can't remember what they call them but they are basically mirrored for PVP reasons.

How about an entire playable faction on the Garlean Empire side where basic character models can remain similar but at character selection you have to choose an allegiance.

Three new starter cities and zones, would be like doubling the game, but mirrored abilities wise. You can all imagine what playing a Garlean would be like. I think it would be pretty sweet.

Eorzea Vs Garlemald PvP!?

Eorzeans could have the primals on their side with the Garleans having their machines.

But to remain more on topic, i can't see much past Female Roegadyn at this point. Maybe 2-3 years away for more.
    (8)
    Download my iPad app on the App Store http://bit.ly/10QMy4C ^^

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    I played some other MMO that added new races 2-3 years later and added some item where u can switch race that solved the problem for players wanting to become that new race.

Wouldn't be bad imo, but if they add more race I worry the animation team have to spend more time on every race and delaying stuff in future.
    if they add an item which allows you to switch, that would be cool, but I honestly don't see it happening =\

It's good that Yoshida said it was far off. That way, the animation team isn't really having to work on it at the moment and can focus on more important things like giving us an animation for taking out our weapons while walking.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dubont Matteus
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Picoman View Post
    Okay, i don't know much about other MMOs, but there always seems to be another playable faction. I think WOW has two, can't remember what they call them but they are basically mirrored for PVP reasons.

How about an entire playable faction on the Garlean Empire side where basic character models can remain similar but at character selection you have to choose an allegiance.

Three new starter cities and zones, would be like doubling the game, but mirrored abilities wise. You can all imagine what playing a Garlean would be like. I think it would be pretty sweet.

Eorzea Vs Garlemald PvP!?

Eorzeans could have the primals on their side with the Garleans having their machines.

But to remain more on topic, i can't see much past Female Roegadyn at this point. Maybe 2-3 years away for more.
    only WoW and WoW clones (Allods) do this. Most others don't.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinheart View Post
    And what fabled MMO was this?
    (1)

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast