Player
    Character
    Rinh Elahka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrieus View Post
    I really do appreciate the benefits of the relic weapons themselves, such as the zodiac weapons being the only weapons in the game that can be dye'd. And I hope it stays that way.
    Augmented Ironwork weapons could be dyed first.

That said, I hope there's a new relic quest at 60. I have friends who just got to 50 and when they saw how long the relic quest was they were simply flabbergasted! It`d be stupid to keep adding onto the same quest line, making it impossibly long from the start.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Makoto Edakumi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    It'd be nice if they had 2 versions of a "3.0 Relic System", one version based if you DID take a weapon Relic>Zodiac+, and the other doing a lvl60 Relic.

Though I personally have gotten Atma & a set of Nexus>Zodiac HQs for preparation of Mechanist Relic for 3.0, if not then I can just Atma my Gae Bolg and free up some Retainer slots
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deltora Vadeen
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Oh yeah, completely forgot about that. The stats for ironworks, however, are not as good as the relic weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Doranaux Wavemet
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    I would prefer it if the relic quest had an ending. It would keep things simple for Heavensward because it would mean there's no need to backtrack to old content to be able to participate in expansion quests. But I also think it's better for story purposes. I think it wouldn't fill very fulfilling to eternally work on a goal, but never achieve it.

Its like the difference between hiking toward a mountain vs. hiking in a flat landscape. You feel more driven and involved if you have that mountain to strive for but on the plain it's just a step followed by another step, and another step.
    (2)
    A true paladin... will sheathe his sword.

Player
    Character
    Myra Runewaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    It could be done like Everquest epics. You'd need the previous one to start the next weapon quest and if you didn't have it you would have to do some type of prequest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    You need to look at this from the perspective of a new player. If someone joins the game, levels to 60, then discovers they need to go and grind old lvl 50 content that no one is interested in any more (i.e. good luck finding parties) in order to get their relic up to lvl 60 standard... well let's just say very few new players will be too happy about that. If they do continue the current relics into 3.0 then they will need to nerf it so that the previous stages take much much much less time and have zero requirements for party content simply because the queues for such content will be ridiculous.

In reality the more sensible option from a developer's point of view would be to grant some kind of perk for having completed the current zodiac but have an entirely new set of quests in 3.0 that starts everyone off on an even footing again.
    (0)

Character
    Kai Magnus
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90
    The Devs have already said they will have content in 3.0 that alows you to be a squad leader of 3 (Maybe up to 7 but they didn't say it out right) Grand Company NPCs so that would adress the "Lack of Teams" issue since part of that plan was that you'd have to train and help the NPCs gear any way. So hello low level dungeon runs.

Pluss I have my own concerns on how we have item level 130 gear for level 50s and they're raising the level cap to at least 60 in 3.0 (I don't remember hearing an official number so if some one can find a dev link saying 60 for me I'll take their word for it). So I think it's might be possible that ALL items could get a massive stat and item level nerf to gimp level 70-130 gear. How ever I think that'd take waaaay to much resoces so it's probably not even being considered since they'd have to re wright the game from scrath (Again)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Winter Sandman
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    My hope is that you don't get a major overhaul in gear with 60 so you don't replace all that gear you worked so hard to get immediately but would get access to new abilities. But with the new level 60 content you upgrade your gear. It looks like they are already setting this in motion with the new ilvl cap in the high level roulette dungeons (patch notes). Plus with roulettes people will be running old content. I would like them to keep the relic going and in all reality it is only getting easier for people to get caught up on the relic quest.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Apparently in an interview Yoshi said relic continues in 3.1. Which is nice. I also agree with Winter Sandman about not making our gear obsolete with leveling gear. It's gear we worked hard for and it makes no sense to throw it out for dungeon gear. Also I'm thinking the current duty roulette high will be part of our leveling as well - as an optional side bit(yes I expect a lot more dungeons in 3.0 but I expect the old one to also have exp given).

Also let's think about it. When you get to 50 you have ilvl50 gear mostly. You need a high enough ilvl to get through the rest of the main story(I expect this will be a requirement anyway before you can get on with going to 60). So highest ilvl needed for story is i90 at the moment. And I doubt that will change. So I'm guessing we're starting with i90 as the base for level 51 and going to I assume ilvl120/130 by level 60.

YoshiP at one point mentioned that ilvl should be stoping at ~150/160 iirc BUT for the life of me can't find the post/info. I believe it was during some live letter or other.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The gear we currently have way out gears us. Leave the gear as is. No new gear till new endgame stuff for lvl 60, and then, does it really need to be above 130-145?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast